Page 1 of 1
We're not the only ones looking at I-A down the road
Posted: October 6th, 2006, 11:27 am
by SuperJon
Down the road — way down the road, Koegel said — is the idea Coastal Carolina might follow Florida International, South Florida and other schools that began at the I-AA level before joining the I-A ranks.
“At this point, that’s not realistic,” Koegel said. “We’re knocking at the door right now, but the move into the mansion is a ways off.”
http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/15688373.htm
If Jerry would've said it like that, we wouldn't be getting crap for it every day.
Posted: October 6th, 2006, 11:42 am
by A.G.
Not realistic now. Not realistic 10 years from now. Spend the money on needs for the students and stop wasting it on pet projects that don't enchance the university. (No one will convince me that the athletic dept doesn't waste a TON of money--last year's deficit is all the example you need).
What's next, blowing money on IMAX or an amusement park.
Posted: October 6th, 2006, 11:48 am
by nickrichard
That was a really good article. One thing that definately jumped out at me was the "Teal Lot" parking. What does it cost ie. Flames Club Level, does it take to park close to the stadium where you can tailgate?
In the “Teal Lot,” where Coastal Carolina fans pay $1,000 to park next to the 7,322-seat stadium, fall Saturdays offer tailgating scenes on par with USC or Clemson. Early arrivers wearing the Chanticleers’ distinctive teal, old gold and black colors man barbecue grills, toss footballs or discuss the game’s prospects.
Posted: October 6th, 2006, 11:50 am
by LUconn
I bet they do a whole lot more than that to make it like Clemson or USC's
Posted: October 6th, 2006, 12:29 pm
by SuperJon
The teal lot is really nice. I think our "blue lot" is only $250 or so.