If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

That's cool. I am Canadian.

I spoke with his family at the Montana vs. Liberty game last fall, and he has alot of family from British Columbia (BC) and the West, so thats always great to be selected by the "Home Town" team.

Coach Gill also played with the BC Lions back in the day.
libertyfan4life wrote: I spoke with his family at the Montana vs. Liberty game last fall, and he has alot of family from British Columbia (BC) and the West, so thats always great to be selected by the "Home Town" team.
I had a conversation with his mom at the Montana game also. If I remember correctly, it was his only college game that they got to watch in person. Great opportunity for his family to watch him in the CFL.
mlschubert wrote:http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Hunt ... story.html

Interesting article on Hunter with a number of quotes from Dennis Wagner. Sounds like he is now about 320..

Nice find on the article. I sent the article to my dad. He played two seasons with the Toronto Argo's of the CFL a very long time ago in the early 60's.

Does anyone know if former Liberty Flame Football player Matt Lambros is still playing in the CFL? Matt was with the Hamilton Tiger Cats & then was able to sign with Calgary Stampeders (his hometown team) the last time I had followed him. I am now Stateside, so I don't follow as many CFL games as I used to.
Vancouver Sun wrote:Lions optimistic Hunter will set sights on CFL
B.C. has big plans for six-foot-seven, 305-pound offensive lineman if he doesn't crack NFL lineup

BY MIKE BEAMISH, VANCOUVER SUN NOVEMBER 26, 2013

Imagine me and you ... a duo in the National Football League.

Hunter Steward entertains the same fantasy dream as Austin Pasztor, his former teammate with the University of Virginia Cavaliers and now the starting right tackle for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

At six-foot-seven and 305 pounds, Steward is a virtual physical clone of Pasztor. Both are Canadians who moved to Virginia to play high school football, played high-level college ball in the Old Dominion and were drafted by Canadian Football League teams.
Click Here for Full Story
Liberty Flames Football Hunter Steward signed yesturday (3/27/2014) a contract with the B.C. Lions of the Canadian Football (CFL) per Canadian Associated Press.

Within the CFL, the B.C. Lions are a reputable football club.

Congrats Hunter!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B.C._Lions

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/h ... -1.2587323

The B.C. Lions have signed 2013 top pick Hunter Steward to a contract.

The offensive lineman was picked sixth overall at the 2013 Canadian Football League draft and spent the last three years at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va.

The Victoria resident was the starting left tackle for the Flames over the past two seasons after spending his first year as a reserve on the school's defensive line.

"Hunter is a big, athletic offensive lineman who has tremendous upside," Lions general manager Wally Buono said in a statement. "When you add the acquisition of Hunter to our offensive line which already includes Matt Norman and Kirby Fabien, it certainly gives us a bright future."
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Vancouver (BC) The Province wrote:Hunter Steward finally gets his chance on Lions offensive line
Injury-plagued Lions offensive lineman to put his best foot forward against Hamilton

BY STEVE EWEN, THE PROVINCE OCTOBER 23, 2015

It's been a rough season for the BC Lions who need to keep up the pressure against the Tiger Cats if they even have a hope of a win tonight at BC Place.

Hunter Steward’s unintentional studies of podiatry have ended. His push toward being a starting offensive lineman with the B.C. Lions resumes.

The Lions have activated Steward, 23, from the injured list for Friday’s matchup versus the Hamilton Tiger-Cats at B.C Place (7 p.m., TSN, TSN 1040).

He probably knows more about feet than some doctors who consider that their speciality.

The 2013 CFL draft first rounder from Victoria hasn’t played in a game since breaking a bone in his right foot in an Aug. 24, 2014, meeting versus the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
In case you were curious, Hunter is still getting paid to play football up north of the border.
wrote:Pass the beef: Redblacks sign three starting-calibre offensive linemen

February 8, 2022
By 3Down Staff

The Ottawa Redblacks have signed American offensive lineman Ucambre Williams, Canadian offensive lineman Hunter Steward, and Canadian offensive lineman Darius Ciraco.

Steward is a seven-season CFL veteran who has spent his entire career with the B.C. Lions. The six-foot-six, 315-pound blocker from Calgary has 89 games under his belt as he makes the trip east to Ottawa.

The 30-year-old was selected in the first round, sixth overall by the Lions in the 2013 CFL Draft and made his debut with the club in 2014. He played college ball at Virginia’s Liberty University. Steward’s contract is for the 2022 season.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]