If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
This is too bad, but at the same time, wasn't it getting really corrupt? I guess a lot of the sports are, especially when relied on judges, but still, wrestling needs a place.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
the olympics as a whole is becoming somewhat of a joke. the IOC is just ruining things. as fruity as wrestling seems and as unwatchable as it is from a spectator perspective, its still a foundational sport of the olympics.
By logic
Purple Haize wrote:Worst possible decision ever by the IOC, and that's saying something. It is a foundational sport of Olympic competition. I would put it 2 nd only to the Marathon.
+1
RubberMallet wrote:the olympics as a whole is becoming somewhat of a joke. the IOC is just ruining things. as fruity as wrestling seems and as unwatchable as it is from a spectator perspective, its still a foundational sport of the olympics.
Fruity? Nonsense!! Wrestling was in the Ancient Greek Olympic lineup and is a major spectator sport at the games. How about this gold medal match from London? USA vs. IRAN!!! Tons of people there!!

lynchburgwildcats wrote:Good riddance

Replaced by what??? Roller sports?? Wushu??? Fools!!
By logic
Any man on this forum bidding good riddance to wrestling in favor of roller sports needs to check his card at the door.
By logic
jbock13 wrote:Logic is on a real crusade questioning manhood lately... :I chortle audibly.:
It certainly is in "dire straits," wouldn't you agree Haize?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
logic wrote:
jbock13 wrote:Logic is on a real crusade questioning manhood lately... :I chortle audibly.:
It certainly is in "dire straits," wouldn't you agree Haize?
Don't come looking to me for affirmation ! You are the one Crusading against the Persians
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
logic wrote: Fruity? Nonsense!! Wrestling was in the Ancient Greek Olympic lineup and is a major spectator sport at the games. How about this gold medal match from London? USA vs. IRAN!!! Tons of people there!!
yeah fruity nonsense. i've already acknowleged it was an original. and hate to break this to you, its the olympics. that arena would of been packed for 3 legged races if it was an olympic event
By logic
RubberMallet wrote:
logic wrote: Fruity? Nonsense!! Wrestling was in the Ancient Greek Olympic lineup and is a major spectator sport at the games. How about this gold medal match from London? USA vs. IRAN!!! Tons of people there!!
yeah fruity nonsense. i've already acknowleged it was an original. and hate to break this to you, its the olympics. that arena would of been packed for 3 legged races if it was an olympic event

Tell me, what is fruity about going head to head with another man in a battle of strength, endurance, and power of will?

If you reply with some whimsical comment about bodily contact I would ask you to tell me about -

- Boxing out in basketball....tend to really throw your backside right into another man's...no?
- Football...plenty of rolling around on top of each other in the pile

You can't make this stuff up. 40 second mark.

"Feel your man, spin into him, make contact with your butt and your legs, get low..."

Tell me again how wrestling is fruity?

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
this comes from your 2 best hs friends being wrestlers and having a brother that loves mma. nothing better than getting those dopes all riled up.

wrestling is actually one of the most physically demanding sports there is.
By logic
logic wrote:40 second mark.

"Feel your man, spin into him, make contact with your butt and your legs, get low..."

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:yeah nothing fruity about 2 dudes in their skivies dry humping each other and giving each other ringworm
I could see that being used back in the day for the ABC's Wide World of Sports intro - question is, does this fall under the "Thrill of Victory" or the "Agony of Defeat"?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]