If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By CCWMichael
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:BUMP

The O's made the playoffs today as a wildcard team. :clapping
While in Chicago I got Mrs Purple and I 'Try Not To Suck' shirts
Now they have We Don't Suck t shirts. Guess I'll have to go back up
When you go bring me one of these, please.
https://www.loumalnatis.com/
Gino's is good, but I love Lou Malnti.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:It would be great for MLB if Orioles return to greatness.
Why? They have a great ballpark, but their fan base is relatively small and apathetic.
this is what 19 years of pathetic ownership and managing or an organization will do. I grew up at Memorial Stadium and Camden Yards. The O's descent into obscurity started in 97 and hasn't recovered. We had a few good years with Buck but his unwillingness to get with the times cost him his job. (See Jimenez closing a game over Britton in the WC and knocking them out of the playoffs.)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We spoke too soon; the sample size was too small. The O's--and esp. Chris Davis--are stinking up the American League East. I'm just glad that Earl and Cal, Sr. never lived to see this ugly downward spiral.
:brownbag
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:We spoke too soon; the sample size was too small. The O's--and esp. Chris Davis--are stinking up the American League East. I'm just glad that Earl and Cal, Sr. never lived to see this ugly downward spiral.
:brownbag
Oh, we knew it wouldn't last too long but it was fun for a week. They are going to be terrible again, just hopefully not as awful as last year. I feel bad for Chris Davis. That has to be a nightmare to endure.
By CCWMichael
thepostman wrote:but how about them Rays!?
they were a 90 win team last year .... this is a solid club.
I just wish the Astros could beat you guys at the trop.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
They are a solid club but I was afraid they would have a slow start like last year which really came back to bite them but that doesn't appear to be the case. The rest of the east are still trying to figure things out and dealing with some injuries so it would be nice to build in some separation to start the year.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BUMP

Baltimore Orioles finished April with 19 WINS and are 10 games above .500 with the second best record in the American League (.679).
ballcoach15, LUminary liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 1st, 2023, 7:08 am BUMP

Baltimore Orioles finished April with 19 WINS and are 10 games above .500 with the second best record in the American League (.679).
Did we go through a time warp back to 1979 when the Orioles and Pirates were both good at the same time? Would love to see a rematch of the '79 World Series (with the same result!).

I know, Iknow, it's only May 1st, but I guy can dream can't he?
ballcoach15, Cider Jim liked this
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
This was a long time coming for the Orioles. After Houston’s first WS a few years ago some of their front office that was responsible for blowing the team up and those horrific Astro teams left for Baltimore.
And they very closely followed the same path of blowing it up and rebuilding it. This is a very fun team to watch I’m not entirely sold on the pitching staff yet but they certainly aren’t going away anytime soon.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Cedric Mullins hit for the cycle tonight in the Orioles' 6-3 over the Pirates! :shock: :clapping
Baybird, ballcoach15 liked this
By Ill flame
It's been a weird season. The top three teams in spending this year (mets, yankees and padres) will likely miss the playoffs. The Marlins are actually competitive and this season will only be the second losing record for the cardinals since the 90s and the first in 16 years.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
The more things change the more they stay the same. In spite of being in first placeas late as early June, my Pirates have since settled back into their comfort zone in last place. They are now putting on display all the good young talent they have for the rest of MLB to make their shopping list. Deep discounts coming soon!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, the Pirates have been calling up youth at a brisk clip.

My Braves have had a great start to the season, but have looked sluggish since the break and need pitching.
flamehunter liked this
By AATL
JK37 wrote: July 20th, 2023, 10:50 am Yeah, the Pirates have been calling up youth at a brisk clip.

My Braves have had a great start to the season, but have looked sluggish since the break and need pitching.
The Braves need to wrap remaining starters in bubble wrap until the injury bug moves on to another team. They have been dropping like flies!

Cider - happy to help out a worthy cause. Never a bad thing to see smaller market teams atop the heavy spenders when the MLB spending disparity is so large.
Cider Jim liked this
Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week #4 Top Performers - Runs - Gatorbait 49 HR[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216[…]