If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 20th, 2023, 9:37 am This thread needs a visual (but I'm not tech savy enough to do it). Little help, please.

No problem. Here’s ur visual
Love: Philly

Ill flame liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
AATL wrote: July 20th, 2023, 11:33 am
JK37 wrote: July 20th, 2023, 10:50 am Yeah, the Pirates have been calling up youth at a brisk clip.

My Braves have had a great start to the season, but have looked sluggish since the break and need pitching.
The Braves need to wrap remaining starters in bubble wrap until the injury bug moves on to another team. They have been dropping like flies!

Cider - happy to help out a worthy cause. Never a bad thing to see smaller market teams atop the heavy spenders when the MLB spending disparity is so large.
Then jump on the Rays bandwagon!

I'm bummed with the current slump the Rays are in. I hope they get their act together because a battle with the O's down the stretch could be fun.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The biggest Yankees fan I know at LU (and founder the Old Men's Club) has now decared that he's a Texas Rangers fan because LU's Tony Beasley is on their coaching staff. :oldhag
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So far this weekend, the Orioles have taken 2 of 3 games from Tampa, with one more game on Sunday. After today's victory, the Orioles have 60 wins! :shock:
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The Yankees (with a "healthy" Aaron Judge) come to Baltimore tonight!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I know the Yankees have been in last place for a big part of the season, but it was still pretty sweet watching the Orioles take the series against them, especially with Aaron Judge having to sit out the last game for "rehab." :clapping

The Orioles even set an all time team record striking out 18 Yankees last night--and that was even resting our All Star closer Bautista. :shock:
ballcoach15, Baybird liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
At the trading deadline, the Orioles got Jack Flaherty, a starting pitcher from the Cardinals, for two minor leaguers (not named Holliday). :clapping
By Ill flame
Cider Jim wrote: August 1st, 2023, 6:24 pm At the trading deadline, the Orioles got Jack Flaherty, a starting pitcher from the Cardinals, for two minor leaguers (not named Holliday). :clapping
He's not bad but other than one great season a few years ago he has never lived up to the massive hype. I was hoping to get Holliday considering his dad's a cardinal hall of famer and still tied into the organization. Regardless I think the trade works well for both sides.
Cider Jim liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Let Texas pony up all it wants. There’s still a team in the A that hits fingers no matter what you throw at ‘em. This is gonna be fun, y’all!
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: August 2nd, 2023, 7:08 am Let Texas pony up all it wants. There’s still a team in the A that hits fingers no matter what you throw at ‘em. This is gonna be fun, y’all!
The Braves may go 11-0 in the playoffs and win another WS for all I know but since MLB went to 30 teams in 1998 the team with the most home runs has won the World Series twice and one of those was the 2020 shortened season. It’s extremely difficult to win in October when you sit back and wait for people to launch a 3 run homer. They are obviously a great team but it’s just a tough way to win in October when number 4 and 5 starters and bullpen guys with a 5.50 ERA never touch the field. The Braves absolutely punish those types of pitchers…believe me I know. Every time the Nats come to Atlanta I go and watch those weaker arms get punished by that lineup.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
That trade and the Lance Lynn trade were a bit of a head scratcher although I absolutely have faith in the Dodgers helping Lynn out to make him valuable again.
AATL liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
In all of sports, every org and coach thinks THEY are the one to fix a player. Sometimes they’re just permanently broken.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
That’s definitely true. But as far as MLB teams I’d have faith in the Dodgers, Astros, Rays, Braves, and Guardians actually being able to do it. Certainly not the Angels.
In my opinion those 5 teams are the best at identifying, drafting, and developing talent. They seem to be the best at getting most players to play very close to their ceiling.
In only one start Lynn was much better for the Dodgers than the Sox…granted one start doesn’t mean much.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Wait, wait, wait ... did someone actually give a passive acknowledgement to the Astros orgaiznation on here. Let me check my pulse.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I've never understood the California Angels. They always seem to have good players, but not so good teams. In my opinion anyone playing for Angels is just wasting their career. Same goes for Seattle Mariners. I guess they just enjoy the west coast weather.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 3rd, 2023, 9:08 am Wait, wait, wait ... did someone actually give a passive acknowledgement to the Astros orgaiznation on here. Let me check my pulse.
Obviously we all know about the Astros and what they did but the regime that took over and blew that team up years ago clearly knows what they are doing. I don’t remember the numbers off the top of my head but it’s 3 World Series appearances and something like 6 ALCS in 7 years…that’s impressive. The 2017-2019 teams were very good and didn’t need to cheat to be very good but they did cheat and that’s all anyone remembers.
JK37 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
One new Oriole pitcher stunk it up last night--2 BB and 2 HBP (and a SS error) resulted in 3 runs and a loss. Crybaby

Thankfully, the Rays lost, too, so we didn't lose any ground in the standings. We're still in first place!
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
The AL East will be a lot of fun from here on out. The the NL East and maybe the NL West won’t be much fun. The Wild Cards and the other 3 divisions should all be fun.
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]