If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
flamehunter wrote:Pirates are 6-1. Gotta brag while I can. :pbjtime
Are they still Triple A?
Yes as in AAAwesome!!!
Well played!!!
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
O's are 4-1, with a pair of wins over the Yankees. That's unexpected to say the least. Will enjoy the ride until it ends...in a day or two.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Small sample size, but I love that my O's are 4-1 and ranked above the Yanks! :clapping :pbjtime

The local paper said Toronto had to have $1 hot dog night to attract 12,000 fans to watch the Jays play the O's last night.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
The Jays might be the one team worse than the O's. We need another W tonight. 5-1!
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:It would be great for MLB if Orioles return to greatness.
Why? They have a great ballpark, but their fan base is relatively small and apathetic.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I hate the Orioles and enjoy when the teams in this region suffer, but the amount of Orioles gear I see around here (I live in Maryland these days) says your wrong. There were more O's fans in DC than Nats fans when i was living there. They have a pretty strong fanbase but why go into an awful city like Baltimore to see a team that has been awful for so long when you can watch on TV?
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I hate the Orioles and enjoy when the teams in this region suffer, but the amount of Orioles gear I see around here (I live in Maryland these days) says your wrong. There were more O's fans in DC than Nats fans when i was living there. They have a pretty strong fanbase but why go into an awful city like Baltimore to see a team that has been awful for so long when you can watch on TV?
In Maryland, parts of Virginia and DC, sure. They don’t travel well and their fanbase seems to be incredibly limited outside that area though. Maybe I’m wrong.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There seemed to be a lot of them in Tampa when I lived there. Not as many as the Yankees and Red Sox but not many fan bases compare to those anyways. So I guess if you are comparing them to those fan bases than you would be right.

I don't know why I am sticking up for them haha.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:There seemed to be a lot of them in Tampa when I lived there. Not as many as the Yankees and Red Sox but not many fan bases compare to those anyways. So I guess if you are comparing them to those fan bases than you would be right.

I don't know why I am sticking up for them haha.
Interesting. I don’t remember seeing any O’s hats when i lived in Fort Myers unless it was a a spring training game.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I just remember going to Rays/O's games and they were everywhere.Again, not like the Red Sox and Yankees fans but there were still plenty there. It is a small sample size of course.
By CCWMichael
Every year a team makes a nice surprising push. To see the resurgance of the birds would be nice.
Meanwhile, the Astros may as well throw the season in.
The trop is alwaysn a bad place for us. Four quality starts and we we lucky to walk away with one win. Texas, ---- no excuses byut the umpiring was the worst I have ever seen in a series. It did cost us two games. Just one example was an Altuve strike out at 3 and 2 and not one pitch was in the strike zone. they were literally calling strikes six inches of the plate and six inches high. After this I am all for the electronic strike zone.
Glad it is a long season.
Anyhow ---- 157-5 will do.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:Every year a team makes a nice surprising push. To see the resurgance of the birds would be nice.
The trop is alwaysn a bad place for us. Four quality starts and we we lucky to walk away with one win. Texas, ---- no excuses byut the umpiring was the worst I have ever seen in a series. It did cost us two games. Just one example was an Altuve strike out at 3 and 2 and not one pitch was in the strike zone. they were literally calling strikes six inches of the plate and six inches high. After this I am all for the electronic strike zone.
Kulpa was awful behind the plate and was his typical arrogant self. As for two of the pre-season favorites, it's 2-5 for the Astros, 2-6 for my Red Sox. These teams will be fine (I think). Boston just needs to find some semblance of pitching from their starters who have a combined record of 0-6 with an ERA of 9.20. The team as a whole has allowed 18 homers already. It's ugly.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I start worrying about the Astros is they are dismal in Mid-May. Otherwise they just need to start hitting like they always have done.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:As for the Orioles, I still say the best MLB team of all time was the 1970 Orioles.
Great team, but the 1927 Yankees and several other teams would make the list above them.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:1970 Orioles.
Three 20-game winners in 1970, and four 20-game winners in 1971 (when they lost to the Pirates in the WS).
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:1970 Orioles.
Three 20-game winners in 1970, and four 20-game winners in 1971 (when they lost to the Pirates in the WS).
1971 and 1979 were the best world series ever.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Only if you are a Pirates fan; they were both heart breaking for the O's fan. And I still can't get that "We Are Family" song out of my head. :frustrated :banghead
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Only if you are a Pirates fan; they were both heart breaking for the O's fan. And I still can't get that "We Are Family" song out of my head. :frustrated :banghead
True Jim. I remember in 79 a classmate was really rubbing it in when the O's went up 3 games to 1. He had to eat some crow after it was over.
By CCWMichael
Sly Fox wrote:I start worrying about the Astros is they are dismal in Mid-May. Otherwise they just need to start hitting like they always have done.
The last time the Astros did not score more than 5 runs in their first 8 games was 2017 ..... that year worked out well.
By CCWMichael
adam42381 wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:Every year a team makes a nice surprising push. To see the resurgance of the birds would be nice.
Kulpa was awful behind the plate and was his typical arrogant self. As for two of the pre-season favorites, it's 2-5 for the Astros, 2-6 for my Red Sox. These teams will be fine (I think). Boston just needs to find some semblance of pitching from their starters who have a combined record of 0-6 with an ERA of 9.20. The team as a whole has allowed 18 homers already. It's ugly.
The Sox will be fine --- even after Arizona last night. What a tough run for a top notch staff.
See you in October!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Glad to see my Cubs are reverting to form
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]