If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Part of me feels like I am being a jerk for making fun of a kid, but then I realize its probably not a kid. If it is, I have no idea why someone's father would cheer his 9 year old kid on to post his basketball stats on a random messageboard. Its just all very weird to me.

I think we need to get the guy from Catfish to investigate this.
By LocklearGT2
Registration Days Posts Posts
thepostman wrote:Part of me feels like I am being a jerk for making fun of a kid, but then I realize its probably not a kid. If it is, I have no idea why someone's father would cheer his 9 year old kid on to post his basketball stats on a random messageboard. Its just all very weird to me.

I think we need to get the guy from Catfish to investigate this.
You would be a jerk for making fun of me,and I'm a kid who knows what he wants,and playing video games and eating ice cream won't help me reach my goals.without my father in my life I would not have been able to enjoy the success,and achieved the short term goals I have already achieved.this ain't no random message board to me.my goal is one day to be a flame,if who ever the coaching staff is at that time think I can fit in to the program,but I also have other options too.I've worked hard to get to where I'm at today,and as long as I continue on my current path,one day I might make it. I'm a successful kid with a plan,and I'm glad my dad takes time out of his day,too help me try to reach my goals and fulfill my dream.
By LocklearGT2
thepostman wrote:yeah...no way this is real
Yes believe it's real just got finished working on my 4 pack on the rack look at my profile picture on twitter @LocklearGT2, now that pic is real. (believe)
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
LocklearGT2 wrote:
Yes believe it's real just got finished working on my 4 pack on the rack look at my profile picture on twitter @LocklearGT2, now that pic is real. (believe)
A 9 year old boy telling a bunch of guys on a message board to check out pictures of his abs? This is where we are now? Wow.
By LocklearGT2
adam42381 wrote:
LocklearGT2 wrote:
A 9 year old boy telling a bunch of guys on a message board to check out pictures of his abs? This is where we are now? Wow.
The pic is for proof that I've worked hard to get wher I'm at.I work just as hard on the court as I do on my physical fitness. I'm not try to start trouble just trying to make it to Liberty and if I make it the fans will know what they got and what to excpect
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
your dad needs to go ahead and step in and tell you to just stop. Its not doing either one of you any favors.
By LocklearGT2
thepostman wrote:your dad needs to go ahead and step in and tell you to just stop. Its not doing either one of you any favors.
Ain't never had to ask for favors I've worked to get where I'm at
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
SumItUp wrote:Regardless of real or fake, it does not belong in this forum. Will a mod please move it?
KillJoy
:nod So say my children

Moderators? Hello?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp=Eric Holder! Don't sensor me bro! If a 9 yo wants to drop wisdom on his game skills and proud pappy is ok with it, who are we to say no?
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Which forum would be best suited to host this thread, SumItUp?
The garbage forum..this is ridiculous..im all about chasing your dreams but this thread is pointless
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
That would be great. The problem is that every kid thinks they're destined for greatness at 9 years old. It's great to dream, but to go on a college message board telling them that help is on the way is a bit misguided and could be seen as being a bit conceited.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I don´t care if the kid, his dad, Roccgroh or anyone else wants to come on here and post about their dreams or seek help with drills for becoming a better player, but move it to another forum!!!

:rofl :rofl
By LocklearGT2
I'm not trying to be a 5 star,and I ain't never said I was great.I'm just trying to get as far as i can,I'm not above playing at a junior college or even division 2. King college in Bristol Tennessee is also a place im interested in,also Valdosta state in Georgia.Sandhills comm.college here in north Carolina is fine also cape fear comm.college also here in north Carolina.I'm got options but my top goal is Liberty and sum it up you made the choice to come to this thread not once but twice to voice your opinion and them little men a laughing I don't think this is funny,this is my future I'm working on and it ain't no laughing matter to me
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
LocklearGT2 wrote:I'm not trying to be a 5 star,and I ain't never said I was great.I'm just trying to get as far as i can,I'm not above playing at a junior college or even division 2. King college in Bristol Tennessee is also a place im interested in,also Valdosta state in Georgia.Sandhills comm.college here in north Carolina is fine also cape fear comm.college also here in north Carolina.I'm got options but my top goal is Liberty and sum it up you made the choice to come to this thread not once but twice to voice your opinion and them little men a laughing I don't think this is funny,this is my future I'm working on and it ain't no laughing matter to me
theres no way a 9 year old is this focused...and first of all you need to relax and have some fun kid or you will burn out really early in your career...you are still a kid enjoy it while you can..you can still work on your game but cmon you have the rest of your life to be an adult..come back when you are 14-15 and give us an update...i know the coaches at Liberty trust me at this point this is totally pointless
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bball hits a great point that perhaps you and your dad are missing....HAVE FUN! Don't make go into a lecture on Play,Game and Sport but suffice it to say, the historical sports landscape is littered with kids and parents who took it way to serious and the kid burnt out.
If you are stating your league games at 9, you may be falling into that category
By LocklearGT2
bballfan84 wrote:
LocklearGT2 wrote:I'm not trying to be a 5 star,and I ain't never said I was great.I'm just trying to get as far as i can,I'm not above playing at a junior college or even division 2. King college in Bristol Tennessee is also a place im interested in,also Valdosta state in Georgia.Sandhills comm.college here in north Carolina is fine also cape fear comm.college also here in north Carolina.I'm got options but my top goal is Liberty and sum it up you made the choice to come to this thread not once but twice to voice your opinion and them little men a laughing I don't think this is funny,this is my future I'm working on and it ain't no laughing matter to me
theres no way a 9 year old is this focused...and first of all you need to relax and have some fun kid or you will burn out really early in your career...you are still a kid enjoy it while you can..you can still work on your game but cmon you have the rest of your life to be an adult..come back when you are 14-15 and give us an update...i know the coaches at Liberty trust me at this point this is totally pointless
When you live in Robeson county you better grow up fast,I have fun everyday doing what I like to do.the youth basketball leagues are the future of basketball.and maybe it was pointless for me to want to represent Liberty in the first place.but I will play for a university,and whoever I play for will have to guarantee me that liberty will be on our schedule in Lynchburg.it was once my goal to play for Liberty but now it is to beat Liberty.I want to light up the flames and put heat back in the furnace,while playing for the visiting team
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]