If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LocklearGT2
Registration Days Posts Posts
My past 2 games we are 2-0 we tied 24-24 1st game.18-41 fg 36pts 15rebs 3assist 3steals if I can improve my shot selection,my ppg would increase along with shooting %
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LocklearGT2 wrote:My past 2 games we are 2-0 we tied 24-24 1st game.18-41 fg 36pts 15rebs 3assist 3steals if I can improve my shot selection,my ppg would increase along with shooting %
Might want to look at increasing y our assists. 41 attempts with only 3 assists is a big red flag for coaches. Unless you were like 35-41.
By LocklearGT2
Purple Haize wrote:
LocklearGT2 wrote:My past 2 games we are 2-0 we tied 24-24 1st game.18-41 fg 36pts 15rebs 3assist 3steals if I can improve my shot selection,my ppg would increase along with shooting %
Might want to look at increasing y our assists. 41 attempts with only 3 assists is a big red flag for coaches. Unless you were like 35-41.
This is my 2nd year playing in the league.we have a rule that you must pass 3 times before the team shoots.I make decent passes (but I can always improve) the team as a whole can work on shot selection to improve each others assist numbers I miss a lot of easy shots myself.but I can see improvement from last year.last year in 9 games I avg 1 fg per game on 8 attempts per game.my shooting % last yr was 17%. so far this year 19-49 38% can do better got to do better.Don't know what % the team shoots keep my own stats.the Team avg at least 70 shots a game. Avg 31 pts a game as a team.I can create my own shots,but I try to pass to my teamates in a good position for them to score but we as a team including me can work on shot selection we always work on defense
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You really need to work on your communication skills. So you have played 3 games. You are 19-49 for the year but went 18-41 in one game? 70 shots a game with a 3 pass rule is a lot for a team that only averages 31 pts a game. Heck, it's a lot of shots period.
By LocklearGT2
Purple Haize wrote:You really need to work on your communication skills. So you have played 3 games. You are 19-49 for the year but went 18-41 in one game? 70 shots a game with a 3 pass rule is a lot for a team that only averages 31 pts a game. Heck, it's a lot of shots period.
No on that post 1st game I'm speaking of the tie 24-24. In that game I was 1 for 8 not good.my 2nd game 9-21 18 pts 10 reb 3 assist 3 stls my 3rd game 9-20 18pts 5 reb. Yr total 19-49 It as close to a run and gun league you will find with a 3 pass rule.a lot of shots go up,a lot of misses too. Try to remember I'm 4th grade 9 yrs old.but I use Internet a little,
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LocklearGT2 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:You really need to work on your communication skills. So you have played 3 games. You are 19-49 for the year but went 18-41 in one game? 70 shots a game with a 3 pass rule is a lot for a team that only averages 31 pts a game. Heck, it's a lot of shots period.
No on that post 1st game I'm speaking of the tie 24-24. In that game I was 1 for 8 not good.my 2nd game 9-21 18 pts 10 reb 3 assist 3 stls my 3rd game 9-20 18pts 5 reb. Yr total 19-49 It as close to a run and gun league you will find with a 3 pass rule.a lot of shots go up,a lot of misses too. Try to remember I'm 4th grade 9 yrs old.but I use Internet a little,
:D fair enough.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:This is the weirdest thread in flamefans history. I don't even know what to make of it.
This thread is basted in awesomeness
By LocklearGT2
thepostman wrote:This is the weirdest thread in flamefans history. I don't even know what to make of it.
Ain't nothing weird here,just trying hard to achieve my goals,and attending liberty is one of them.what I find weird is that liberty has some of the finest facilities in the southeast,I know I've been to a few camps at different schools,and liberty is at the top, and it seems that athletes choose to go somewhere else now that's weird
By LocklearGT2
Today's game was bad.no excuse for the way I played.we were out rebounded,and had no hustle.lost 50-37. My stat line 8-21 fg 1-4 ft 17pts 9reb 6 assit still working hard to reach my goal
By LocklearGT2
Purple Haize wrote:To put it politely your shooting percentage is not very good.
I need to improve it so far this season I'm 27-70 38%
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LocklearGT2 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:To put it politely your shooting percentage is not very good.
Or take fewer shots
What about your turn overs? How many does the person you guard score. There is more to it then a stat line.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Also, are all your shots jumpers? I know range is pretty limited at 9 or 10 years old but if you can work on your shots closer in (especially layups) that can increase your percentage as well
By LocklearGT2
Purple Haize wrote:
LocklearGT2 wrote:
Or take fewer shots
What about your turn overs? How many does the person you guard score. There is more to it then a stat line.
I have a few turnovers, other guards I defend don't score much its not because of my defense they just can't score I get up a lot of shots cause I'm the only one who can beat the defense off the dribble and create my own shot
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You are shooting 38%. It's debatable whether you actually can create your own shots. Plus, I thought you had a 3 pass rule so why do you need to create your own shot?
By LocklearGT2
BJWilliams wrote:Also, are all your shots jumpers? I know range is pretty limited at 9 or 10 years old but if you can work on your shots closer in (especially layups) that can increase your percentage as well
Over half my shots are in transition,if a get a rebound I'm gone.if they score a basket my teammate takes the ball out,pass it to me if the defense is dragging around celebrating I'm gone but I'm subject to miss some layups too
By LocklearGT2
Purple Haize wrote:You are shooting 38%. It's debatable whether you actually can create your own shots. Plus, I thought you had a 3 pass rule so why do you need to create your own shot?
The 3 pass rule is not enforced much,if we have a fast break we don't need to pass
By LocklearGT2
bballfan84 wrote:is ashton kutcher on the other side of this thing..are we being punk'd...is this thread for real???
No this is real
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:is ashton kutcher on the other side of this thing..are we being punk'd...is this thread for real???

It's pretty cute. I guess...
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]