If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LocklearGT2
Registration Days Posts Posts
My son is only 9,but if you meet him he is a very serious person and means business.he is very highly interested in Liberty basketball and one day would love to represent the university.he went to camp there last summer,and enjoyed everything.the facilities are tops in the nation,we also visited NC State and Charlotte and North Carolina.we live in pembroke NC. He likes dealing with the University itself,he sees aau basketball as a middle man,they play more than practice.at liberty's camp he was named tournament MVP,lost championship game and finished 5th overall for mr basketball contest.he ain't never said he's a superstar,but he works like one,and has a lot of potential,but he's got to keep up the work and not quit.he is very interested in Liberty basketball. In his game yesterday his stats 9-21fg 18pts 10rebs 3assist 3 steals he post his stats of each game and his workouts on his twitter account LocklearGT2
By LocklearGT2
To sly fox I has to stay on him now he's got better after the summer camps they help out a lot.my son thinks that he can coast thru life and wake up when he's 15 and thinks he can start to play basketball. Youth basketball is big here in north Carolina maybe one day if he continue on his current path and he wants to play at liberty I'll help him as much as I can
By Bigsouthking
Registration Days Posts
Well good, your son is only 9, so that means Flamefans only have to wait 9 or 10 more years before he gets to college.... Thats a long wait.
By LocklearGT2
To Bigsouthking that will be more time to improve,the years will pass by fast.think of it this way,coaches mostly are thinking 3 years ahead.a freshman pg playing now,if he's a 4 year player when he's in his 2nd yr they are looking for his replacement when he graduates in 3 more yrs. Now the 2nd PG is here,and if he's a 4 year player,when he's in his 2nd yr my son wants to be on Liberty's radar,when the 2nd PG is gone,my son would be a freshman,and hopefully he could contribute right away. We went to a summer camp at Liberty and other schools UNC NC State and Charlotte.Liberty's facilities are on par and even better than those mentioned above.the campus is beautiful and the view from the LU on side the mountain is breath taking.don't understand the drop off of Liberty basketball since Seth curry and Gordon left. It will get better I'll see to it My son has a goal of getting to Liberty I'm doing all I can to help him.if I'm helping him I'm helping Liberty cause that's his goal
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LocklearGT2 wrote:To Bigsouthking that will be more time to improve,the years will pass by fast.think of it this way,coaches mostly are thinking 3 years ahead.a freshman pg playing now,if he's a 4 year player when he's in his 2nd yr they are looking for his replacement when he graduates in 3 more yrs. Now the 2nd PG is here,and if he's a 4 year player,when he's in his 2nd yr my son wants to be on Liberty's radar,when the 2nd PG is gone,my son would be a freshman,and hopefully he could contribute right away. We went to a summer camp at Liberty and other schools UNC NC State and Charlotte.Liberty's facilities are on par and even better than those mentioned above.the campus is beautiful and the view from the LU on side the mountain is breath taking.don't understand the drop off of Liberty basketball since Seth curry and Gordon left. It will get better I'll see to it My son has a goal of getting to Liberty I'm doing all I can to help him.if I'm helping him I'm helping Liberty cause that's his goal
Not trying to be sarcastic but :dontgetit

I hope your son is as good as he wants to be in 8-9 years and can contribute to LU
By LocklearGT2
Not trying to to be sarcastic but he is just as fundamentally sound as a PG is suppose to be and sentimental value don't mean much to him.so far we have no ties to Liberty,he just likes the outlook that the university has for their sports programs and wants to part of it.he will play somewhere he wants that some where to be Liberty check him out on twitter he posts his stats and workouts @LocklearGT2
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I wish him the best of luck, but he's 9 years old. I knew a lot of kids I played sports with who peaked around age 12. I'm not saying he will, but we're getting way ahead of ourselves if we're looking at stats and workouts of 9 year old kids.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:I wish him the best of luck, but he's 9 years old. I knew a lot of kids I played sports with who peaked around age 12. I'm not saying he will, but we're getting way ahead of ourselves if we're looking at stats and workouts of 9 year old kids.
Damon Bailey? Sebastian Telfair? Kenny Anderson? Tim Scarborough ? I think I made my point :D
By LocklearGT2
I'm not trying to go pro and I'm not trying to impress the world.these people you speak of is not me their dream was going pro,my dream Is Liberty.the only people I need to make an impression on is the coaching staff a Liberty who ever it will be.it a lot easier to impress one person on a coaching staff than a bunch of recruiting anaylist or a bunch of pro scouts NBA is not a goal of mine I've made my point
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LocklearGT2 wrote:I'm not trying to go pro and I'm not trying to impress the world.these people you speak of is not me their dream was going pro,my dream Is Liberty.the only people I need to make an impression on is the coaching staff a Liberty who ever it will be.it a lot easier to impress one person on a coaching staff than a bunch of recruiting anaylist or a bunch of pro scouts NBA is not a goal of mine I've made my point
Good for you. Best of luck!
By LocklearGT2
adam42381 wrote:I wish him the best of luck, but he's 9 years old. I knew a lot of kids I played sports with who peaked around age 12. I'm not saying he will, but we're getting way ahead of ourselves if we're looking at stats and workouts of 9 year old kids.
The kids you played with must have quit playing when they was 12 the more you practice and work you should see some type of improvement
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LocklearGT2 wrote:
The kids you played with must have quit playing when they was 12 the more you practice and work you should see some type of improvement
Not necessarily. You can learn fundamentals but there are some God given attributes that no amount of practice can over come. I've seen kids who look like sure fire All State players in 7th and 8th grade but then other kids catch up with them physically.
Your sons drive and goals are great and wish him luck. But it's also important to realize that there are some things you can't control. Fortunately it sounds like you and your son are working on the things you can control.
By Bigsouthking
Registration Days Posts
This thread is ridiculous....

My advice to the adult or 9 year old that started this thread, - go work on your free throws, ball handling, jump shot, bench press, improve your quickness, drink your protein shake, hit a growth spurt, and most importantly say your prayers.

After you have done all that come back when your 14 and up date us. Because the real priority is for the Flames to worry about Iona not a 9 year old. (But I'm sure your welcome to come to BBall camp in the Summer)
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
LocklearGT2 wrote:The kids you played with must have quit playing when they was 12 the more you practice and work you should see some type of improvement
Absolutely not. I played against 12 year olds who were 5'7"-5'10". They stopped growing in 7th grade. A kid who dominated in middle school can work his butt off and still get passed by kids who are more gifted physically.
By LocklearGT2
Bigsouthking wrote:This thread is ridiculous....

My advice to the adult or 9 year old that started this thread, - go work on your free throws, ball handling, jump shot, bench press, improve your quickness, drink your protein shake, hit a growth spurt, and most importantly say your prayers.

After you have done all that come back when your 14 and up date us. Because the real priority is for the Flames to worry about Iona not a 9 year old. (But I'm sure your welcome to come to BBall camp in the Summer)
I try to get up 100 free throws aday,ball handling every chance I get I use the ray Allen shooting drill at least 3 times a week to young to lift heavy weight do push ups instead use agility ladder at least 2times a week that I learned from el Estes at liberty's summer camp don't use supplements not worried about growth spurt won't use not being big enough as an excuse I do believe in prayer I hope to be on liberty's radar when the time comes I hope the flames win against Iona not worried about summer camps more opportunities than I can handle now but I'll be back at liberty's if they have it why is it when you have adream to play college basketball people throw excuses at you to say you can't they say you need to do this or you need to do that.I know my self and what I'm capable of doing I'm a proud kid who is glad that I have a dad that is willing to help me get to where I want to be. And if I don't make it I still can't complain cause I've had fun and we've been to different universities that otherwise without basketball we would not have seen.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
No one was trying to pee on your Wheaties. It's good to have a dream. Although I would go with old school shooting drills like Rick Mount or Steve Alford. Mounts was the toughest shooting drill I have EVER done.
People will tell you what to do your whole life. You even have a few coaches who post on here. Keep working hard, have fun and remember its tough to project where someone will end up at your age level.
By LocklearGT2
adam42381 wrote:So, are the dad/kid one in the same here? I'm confused about who we're actually dealing with.
No my dad and I have same name I tell him my thoughts and he words it and types
By LocklearGT2
Purple Haize wrote:No one was trying to pee on your Wheaties. It's good to have a dream. Although I would go with old school shooting drills like Rick Mount or Steve Alford. Mounts was the toughest shooting drill I have EVER done.
People will tell you what to do your whole life. You even have a few coaches who post on here. Keep working hard, have fun and remember its tough to project where someone will end up at your age level.
Where can you get info on the mounts drill
By LocklearGT2
LocklearGT2 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:No one was trying to pee on your Wheaties. It's good to have a dream. Although I would go with old school shooting drills like Rick Mount or Steve Alford. Mounts was the toughest shooting drill I have EVER done.
Found it on web will try it out looks like he played at purdue
By LocklearGT2
LocklearGT2 wrote:
LocklearGT2 wrote:
Found it on web will try it out looks like he played at purdue
Thanks for the tip not only was he a shooter he was a scorer
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Best shooter. EVER. He's probably one of the most arrogant people I've met but he can back it up. His shooting program is highly proprietary so you'll probably have to go to one of his camps to get a copy of it. I worked as a counselor and had to give it back at the end. He has different levels depending on age etc.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]