If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LocklearGT2
Registration Days Posts Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Todd Marinovich anyone?
I watch espn classic a lot I know all the tales of all the ballplayers that failed.won't you mention the people that worked hard and made it.Todd Marinovich quit he accomplished is one goal in life that he never knew he had.he beat the giants in Los Angeles when he was young and he made mistakes his dad would tell him ( son it ain't like your playing against the giants).since you brought his name up you must have known this,he gave his dad the game ball and hug his neck,and said dad I've finally beat the giants.evidently his dad brought up the giants cause of Lawence taylar.after that game he never really played good after that game investigate if you want too. And on the other hand he had other things he wanted to do more,that he put in front of football.his hard work when he was young to him as far has he wanted it to take him HE QUIT HE QUIT I'm not Todd I'm my own person,and like every individual on earth and that has ever lived we all have one thing in common we all do what we want to do nobody makes me do anything I don't want to do I do it cause I want to,and i will make it my business to work hard each chance I get,every shot I put up will be the winning shot against Liberty,every push up I do i will do it to be stronger than the guards at Liberty everything I do from this day forward,I will do to be better than liberty
By LocklearGT2
flamehunter wrote:At 11:45 AM you post on here? Why aren't you in school?
I am at school on lunch.been in a school lately,computers in every class some classes every desk.plus I have iPad.whole school is wifi
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You should be careful GT2...I only mentioned Todd Marinovich as a cautionary tale in line with PH's point, not to discourage you from considering Liberty. Not everyone on here is of the same mind as SumItUp, but you do want to be careful how you carry yourself in you sport and in your training because as bad as it is to train yourself for the sole goal of playing for a school, its equally dangerous to do so with the sole goal of beating a particular school. Take a step back, breathe and work hard at your game and take stock in your situation annually as you push toward your goal of (Im guessing) Division I basketball. Personally, Id like to see you suit up for Liberty come 2020 or so (whenever youd be a freshman in college)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
He quit because it wasn't fun anymore. You say he reached his goal and that was it. You quit your goal and haven't come close to reaching it. You started by saying Help is on the way Liberty and now because of one or two posters you don't like you've quit your goal and come up with something else. Well, which is it? Do you want to be a competitor every day and prove them wrong daily by attending LU and being great? Or do you want to settle, hope your new team plays LU and hope you have the opportunity to take a winning shot against them? Which goes back to what we wre talking about. You are too young to be this emotionally invested. The fact that you work on your skills everyday is great and enviable. The fact tha you have already declared your intentions then reversed them, the fact you chart stats is a youth league and the fact that you claim you are the Savior of a basketball program are Red Flags for anyone who has been around athletics for a long time
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
LocklearGT2 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Todd Marinovich anyone?
I watch espn classic a lot I know all the tales of all the ballplayers that failed.won't you mention the people that worked hard and made it.Todd Marinovich quit he accomplished is one goal in life that he never knew he had.he beat the giants in Los Angeles when he was young and he made mistakes his dad would tell him ( son it ain't like your playing against the giants).since you brought his name up you must have known this,he gave his dad the game ball and hug his neck,and said dad I've finally beat the giants.evidently his dad brought up the giants cause of Lawence taylar.after that game he never really played good after that game investigate if you want too. And on the other hand he had other things he wanted to do more,that he put in front of football.his hard work when he was young to him as far has he wanted it to take him HE QUIT HE QUIT I'm not Todd I'm my own person,and like every individual on earth and that has ever lived we all have one thing in common we all do what we want to do nobody makes me do anything I don't want to do I do it cause I want to,and i will make it my business to work hard each chance I get,every shot I put up will be the winning shot against Liberty,every push up I do i will do it to be stronger than the guards at Liberty everything I do from this day forward,I will do to be better than liberty
a 9 yr old would have no clue who Todd Marinovich is...I think pops is handling this forum 100%.. kid prob doesnt even know he is being talked about on here...or maybe we have another Manti Teo situation.... :dontgetit
By LocklearGT2
I over sees my sons Internet dealings about 75% of the time,and I've warned him a couple of times about Internet interactions with people.do he have a lot of privileges that other kids don't yes that's my fault,but I'm glad my son learned this lesson about sports forums.people take their school spirit serious.and believe me he knows all about Todd and Marv Marinovich ,every time we go talk to a basketball coach about his future,the 2 number 1 things they bring up is # 1 with all the drills you do and practice,you'll end up like a former quarterback Todd Marinovich and then as soon as we leave I know they say his daddy is like Marv.#2 he ain't black your wasting your time playing,that comment came from his former middle school coach who's basketball team can't even get the ball half court when the defense press,my son is native American Indian of the Lumbee tribe. These are the 2 main reasons why he work so hard and also everybody he talks to say he'll never make it cause it's a black sport,he even hears this from close friends and family relatives .but I'm sorry to all you folks about his behavior online I'll have to monitor him closely.but in the end I'm a little happy that he's burned this bridge cause as any father here in north Carolina with a basketball playing son I'm pushing UNC but that choice is totally up to him,I'll do all I can to help him get somewhere
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Dad, one other thing you might want to do is tell your son to be better than you at spelling and grammar. Right now, you two are pretty identical at it. Coincidence? I think not. Were you in school yesterday typing for your son?

I do hope, if you are real people and not some Te'o-ism, that your son is successful and becomes what he dreams of. But all that is based on a solid foundation of honesty, integrity, and humility. Start there and then work on the basketball.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Dad, one other thing you might want to do is tell your son to be better than you at spelling and grammar. Right now, you two are pretty identical at it. Coincidence? I think not. Were you in school yesterday typing for your son?
Something definitely doesn't add up. They both end sentences with a period.then don't put a space before the next sentence. I seriously doubt that it's two people with the exact same level with their spelling/grammar/punctuation. It has to be someone trolling us, right?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I'm not a grammar nazi, but how can you have 2 number 1 things? :dontgetit
If the kid is9 yo how can he have a former Middle School coach? That would imply he was in Middle School and has moved on. Or this coach coached him for a year or two and then moved on.
Did anyone mention race with this kid? Why bring it up if no one else did?
I wonder if the last name of the kid is Te'O?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Your deductive powers are vastly improved Watson. What else do you see?
He's not looking for a 'Bridge Over Troubled Water'
I just don't want nasty messages saying I'm burning bridges with recruits and become the bane of LU recruiting

Or....it's logic's new screen names! :shock:
By logic
Purple Haize wrote:
flamehunter wrote:Your deductive powers are vastly improved Watson. What else do you see?
He's not looking for a 'Bridge Over Troubled Water'
I just don't want nasty messages saying I'm burning bridges with recruits and become the bane of LU recruiting

Or....it's logic's new screen names! :shock:

I'm still here, but classes started this week, hence laying low. Wake me up when we get an FBS invite or something drastic happens that needs some logic and attention.
By LocklearGT2
adam42381 wrote:Liberty could really use this kid right about now...
he's having a bad sesason also,but he's still working
Last edited by LocklearGT2 on February 6th, 2014, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]