If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LocklearGT2
Registration Days Posts Posts
Purple Haize wrote:He's having a bad season? Must be the coaches
No it ain't coaches we just need to come up with solutions instead of excuses
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i don't know where this thread has been my whole life but this is becoming my favorite ff thread of all time.

your kid will grow to despise basketball if there really is a kid and this isn't some schizophrenic episode. he probably already hates it. would rather be a kid than study/practice. he'll tell you he loves it because that the only way he feels love from his father. but deep down a hardening loathing for you is being created.

just look for the kid on the court, field, diamond with a sullen look on his face, and you can easily match them up to the parent in the bleachers furiously tallying up statistics, and shouting plays you worked on in the backyard.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
right on point MALLET.

when my kid started bawling during t-ball we pulled the plug

not gonna be that parent
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I say we put this kid on the team now!
He still wouldn't get any PT. It's not like he played the bench that much tonite anyways
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
LocklearGT2 wrote:
How's this season panning out for him?
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Can I no,I ate this for both Weirdest and Best Thread of the year?
no but you can nominate it. I chortle audibly
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JakeP50 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Can I no,I ate this for both Weirdest and Best Thread of the year?
no but you can nominate it. I chortle audibly
Sometimes I really hate this auto correct thing on my iPad :evil:
By LocklearGT2
VAGolf wrote:
LocklearGT2 wrote:
How's this season panning out for him?
He's had a great summer,started working with coach Dwight Miller of Cape Fear Christian Academy.things he struggled with last season is now becoming easy.he has the strength now to shoot from 21ft,so he is working on 3pt shooting now,he's great from 12-15ft.still doing a lot of ball handling.as always the real results will show when his games start,hoping to have a better season than last year.he wants to get involved with Rick Lewis' camps,Rick has the top players in the state at his camps.if he plays competitive and to his ability
,that might be our next step to get involved in Rick's camps.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LocklearGT2 wrote:I over sees my sons Internet dealings about 75% of the time,and I've warned him a couple of times about Internet interactions with people.do he have a lot of privileges that other kids don't yes that's my fault,but I'm glad my son learned this lesson about sports forums.people take their school spirit serious.and believe me he knows all about Todd and Marv Marinovich ,every time we go talk to a basketball coach about his future,the 2 number 1 things they bring up is # 1 with all the drills you do and practice,you'll end up like a former quarterback Todd Marinovich and then as soon as we leave I know they say his daddy is like Marv.#2 he ain't black your wasting your time playing,that comment came from his former middle school coach who's basketball team can't even get the ball half court when the defense press,my son is native American Indian of the Lumbee tribe. These are the 2 main reasons why he work so hard and also everybody he talks to say he'll never make it cause it's a black sport,he even hears this from close friends and family relatives .but I'm sorry to all you folks about his behavior online I'll have to monitor him closely.but in the end I'm a little happy that he's burned this bridge cause as any father here in north Carolina with a basketball playing son I'm pushing UNC but that choice is totally up to him,I'll do all I can to help him get somewhere
I don't think he's interested anymore. But there is some good hoops being played on reservations.
By LocklearGT2
bballfan84 wrote:hows the season going??
so far good working on freethrows,he can put the ball on the floor and get to the line pretty easy.got to improve his freethrow %, he leaves a couple points at the line.make his free ones and he could go from 16 pts per gm to about 20 per gm. he's shooting about 58% from the line working on improving that area of his game
By LocklearGT2
bballfan84 wrote:can he come and play next year..we suck
Hate that the flames are having a bad season.we were up there back during the summer at camp,and the players were ready for the season to start.talked to a player that said he turned down a offer from Creighton to come to liberty. been watching the games on tv and aint seen him play yet. seen the team practice some and I figured that they had potential to finish in the top 5 in the big south. I was wrong, but we still pull for the flames
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
LocklearGT2 wrote:
bballfan84 wrote:hows the season going??
so far good working on freethrows,he can put the ball on the floor and get to the line pretty easy.got to improve his freethrow %, he leaves a couple points at the line.make his free ones and he could go from 16 pts per gm to about 20 per gm. he's shooting about 58% from the line working on improving that area of his game
How is he from the charity stripe?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]