If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Oregon just proved it belongs in the B1G by being on the losing end of an SEC spanking!
alabama24 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: September 4th, 2022, 2:36 pm Oregon just proved it belongs in the B1G by being on the losing end of an SEC spanking!
People still must think Chip Kelly is at Oregon. It’s always a toss up between them or ND who is over ranked in the preseason
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 4th, 2022, 2:49 pm
ATrain wrote: September 4th, 2022, 2:36 pm Oregon just proved it belongs in the B1G by being on the losing end of an SEC spanking!
People still must think Chip Kelly is at Oregon. It’s always a toss up between them or ND who is over ranked in the preseason
True, but its always Ohio State who is overrated in the postseason
alabama24 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: September 4th, 2022, 2:53 pm
Purple Haize wrote: September 4th, 2022, 2:49 pm
True, but its always Ohio State who is overrated in the postseason
That’s a tough one. Again you gotta put ND in that discussion
jmclaughlin liked this
By Ill flame
In what world is ND not the most overrated? They have lost every NY6 bowl since the mid 90s (0-10) while Ohio St just won the rose bowl and has a national championship in the last decade.
JK37, jmclaughlin liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: September 4th, 2022, 3:41 pm In what world is ND not the most overrated? They have lost every NY6 bowl since the mid 90s (0-10) while Ohio St just won the rose bowl and has a national championship in the last decade.
I mean you’re not wrong
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Just because one team is more overrated than another, does not mean that the other team is still perennially overrated. I never said Ohio State was THE most overrated.
By Ill flame
I understand why they would choose Kennesaw state. It's a massive school in a massive market (Atlanta) with a track record of football success at the fcs level. What I don't understand is why C-USA is trying to expand now instead of waiting a few more years and seeing how things play out. Kennesaw state is struggling to fill their 8,000 seat stadium as it is.
By LUOrange
I'd guess CUSA's moving on Kenny now cause of the impending NCAA Constitutional changes and for protection against inevitable impending realignment.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I'm almost certain that BC took a three second look at their softball stadium before sharing his opinion.
Cider Jim, rtb72 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I understand why they would be under consideration but I don't believe that anything is impending. It is possible IF there are changes to the constititution and media deal neogotations indicate that it would advantageous. I would be shocked if they moved prior to either of those situations becoming apparent.
By willflop
My question is, are these schools taking the opportunity because it fell in their lap or have they been preparing for it? Liberty had a many years long "FBS READY" campaign and has taken it seriously from facilities, staff, fan base, and tv production. Taking on schools that end up doing the bare minimum really waters everything down long term, regardless of on field performance. And of course, that's a G5 problem across the board, which we get to witness on ESPN+ each away game.
By Ill flame
willflop wrote: October 9th, 2022, 8:31 am My question is, are these schools taking the opportunity because it fell in their lap or have they been preparing for it? Liberty had a many years long "FBS READY" campaign and has taken it seriously from facilities, staff, fan base, and tv production. Taking on schools that end up doing the bare minimum really waters everything down long term, regardless of on field performance. And of course, that's a G5 problem across the board, which we get to witness on ESPN+ each away game.
In almost all cases they moved up because they got the opportunity and no one is going to say no to that. I wish the NCAA would just enforce the 15,000 attendance requirement because things are getting out of hand. The call ups used to be at least right on the border but now new ones aren't even close.
By BlueBlood
Probably means nothing, very superficial, it’s completely petty, but still seems a bit telling:

My spidey sense sometimes triggers when a college has “State” added to something other than a State name. Boise and App have helped normalize it a bit, but it still generally feels off to me.

If KSU is added, that will be 3 Not-a-State States recently added to C-USA.
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
This is going to end up being a legit conference. I really believe that if thes schools put in the financial commitment they say they will we will be the top G5 conference sooner than later.
jimflamesfan liked this
By tyndal23
soccer7 wrote: October 13th, 2022, 9:18 pm This is going to end up being a legit conference. I really believe that if thes schools put in the financial commitment they say they will we will be the top G5 conference sooner than later.
Rise with us !!! ( over time - a very very long time ). Someday our great grandkids will “ realize the vision” of BYU playing in Lynchburg and will be shocked to learn it happened 60 years ago way back in 2022 when LU was an Independent and actually played 4 P5 teams with 2 at home. Well technically one was a P5 “equivalent” at the time. In the mean time, Bring on Tarleton State and the mighty Delaware Blue Hens...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: October 13th, 2022, 9:55 pm
soccer7 wrote: October 13th, 2022, 9:18 pm This is going to end up being a legit conference. I really believe that if thes schools put in the financial commitment they say they will we will be the top G5 conference sooner than later.
Rise with us !!! ( over time - a very very long time ). Someday our great grandkids will “ realize the vision” of BYU playing in Lynchburg and will be shocked to learn it happened 60 years ago way back in 2022 when LU was an Independent and actually played 4 P5 teams with 2 at home. Well technically one was a P5 “equivalent” at the time. In the mean time, Bring on Tarleton State and the mighty Delaware Blue Hens...
:beatinghorse
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Rumors are also swirling about Missouri State to the SunBelt, and Eastern Kentucky begging for any conference to take them.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]