If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BlueBlood
olldflame wrote: October 1st, 2021, 10:14 am Who woulda thunkit? 8)

Glad to hear! To me, the MW is a more cohesive grouping and has a cool vibe (love the stadiums that have the mountain backdrops). I just don’t think the AAC offered enough of a competitive upgrade to leave that behind. Honestly, the MW may now be the premier G5.
Ill flame liked this
By LUOrange
The problem the AAC has is their elephants in their conference- Memphis is probably out the door along with Boise as soon as the B12 figures out when TX & OK are leaving. Which is why Boise ans SDSU rejected the AAC again. Everybody knows this, which is why we'll have to really think about it. A lot will depend on who goes with us. IMO, the AAC should invite 6 to prevent them from imploding, when most everybody thought that CUSA would explode.
By Rubicon
It's all temporary until the conferences go semi-pro (SEC, Big10, Pac12, Big12, ACC). And, it won't be all teams as currently constituted --- just the elites. The Vanderbilts and Marylands won't be in it when the music stops. Neither will BYU or many mid-range programs (at least, I hope not, personally). It will be a semi-pro league with the usual suspects (programs perennially ranked highly at the beginning of the season, regardless of anything).

If I were Liberty, I would just sit tight and watch what happens in the next few years. I'm not sure that BYU's Big12 adventure will be what is envisioned.
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
Rubicon wrote: October 1st, 2021, 3:54 pm It's all temporary until the conferences go semi-pro (SEC, Big10, Pac12, Big12, ACC). And, it won't be all teams as currently constituted --- just the elites. The Vanderbilts and Marylands won't be in it when the music stops. Neither will BYU or many mid-range programs (at least, I hope not, personally). It will be a semi-pro league with the usual suspects (programs perennially ranked highly at the beginning of the season, regardless of anything).

If I were Liberty, I would just sit tight and watch what happens in the next few years. I'm not sure that BYU's Big12 adventure will be what is envisioned.
You're probably right. The downsides of FCOA and NIL, and now the monkey wrench that is Beijing Biden's NLRB ruling that student athletes are considered employees. It's on the NCAA and Congress to fix this, and those are 2 organizations that couldn't collectively change a lightbulb.
By Tnobes
The NIL and fcoa have ruined college sports, it is now pointless to even have teams be affiliated with a university because it's no longer amateur student athletes, it's now professional sport like the NFL
By LUOrange
TH Spangler wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 8:20 am Sounds like AAC is looking at UAB FAU UTSA now.
expansion options for the AAC appear to be UAB, FAU and UTSA, Dodd reported
:dontgetit
UAB and UTSA make some sense. FAU is a head scratcher. Seems like they're throwing things against the wall to see what sticks or the sports media is stirring the pot, which they'd never do...
Ill flame liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I listen to the ASOR interview with Brett McMurphy. Someone needs to tell him HCF is a stepping stone. If and when he leaves the next hire will be even better :lol: :lol:
By Ill flame
TH Spangler wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 12:49 pm I listen to the ASOR interview with Brett McMurphy. Someone needs to tell him HCF is a stepping stone. If and when he leaves the next hire will be even better :lol: :lol:
Freeze is just getting this program ready for the inevitable Dabo reign of terror after he gets fired at Clemson for losing 3 games in a season.
TH Spangler liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Here's proof you can find almost anything you want to on the internet. :lol:

Saturday Blitz wrote:
It would be interesting to see if recent Top 25 teams such as Coastal Carolina or Liberty would have any desire to join the AAC; however, those schools may be courted by bigger conferences if conference realignment expands even further. ACC anyone?
https://saturdayblitz.com/2021/10/01/aa ... alignment/
LUOrange liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Crazy rumors in my neighborhood from people who know people who know people who know people...or something like that:
Following Air Force's decision not to join the AAC, Navy football will be returning to its independent status. Additionally, Temple is pulling a UConn and moving its sports to the Big East while going the football indy route.

Take it with a grain of salt, as I have no idea who the actual source is. I heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend who, heard it from another...
Kricket, LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m just going to throw this out there. It’s easy to speculate and hypothesize on this Board. All of a sudden things that sounded crazy start to make an odd type of sense.
Let me encourage you to go to a “Big Time” football game. Not Tech or UVA. Go to a Clemson game. Go to a FSU game. Go to a ND game. Heck even go to a WVU game. Walk the parking lots. You will see that while LU is light years a head of where they were there’s a long way to go.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 8:44 am I’m just going to throw this out there. It’s easy to speculate and hypothesize on this Board. All of a sudden things that sounded crazy start to make an odd type of sense.
Let me encourage you to go to a “Big Time” football game. Not Tech or UVA. Go to a Clemson game. Go to a FSU game. Go to a ND game. Heck even go to a WVU game. Walk the parking lots. You will see that while LU is light years a head of where they were there’s a long way to go.
Umm, I went to FedEx Field when Tech played WVU, and have been to other Tech games back when 10-win seasons were expected. There is no way WVU is "Big Time," compared to Tech, but I agree, we still have a ways to go before we are a "Big Time," football program.
JCS Flames Fan 31 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 8:44 am I’m just going to throw this out there. It’s easy to speculate and hypothesize on this Board. All of a sudden things that sounded crazy start to make an odd type of sense.
Speculate? Was someone speculating we're going P5? I think it's fairly obvious statement. We are nowhere near ACC level, in terms of fan base.

It was glaringly obvious reading Syracuse's message board. They had something like 5,000 posts on their game day thread. I know that doesn't mean much by itself but it did indicate to me our fan base has a long long long way to go to be at an ACC level.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When someone posts about a Restaurant, and it gets more replies than a ball game post, there's a problem with fan base, whether it be P5, FBS, FCS or Division III.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 9:42 am When someone posts about a Restaurant, and it gets more replies than a ball game post, there's a problem with fan base, whether it be P5, FBS, FCS or Division III.
That's the Lynchburg way my man! Have you seen the Lynchburg Facebook pages? Anything about food gets all the love. :lol:
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 9:42 am When someone posts about a Restaurant, and it gets more replies than a ball game post, there's a problem with fan base, whether it be P5, FBS, FCS or Division III.
That's the Lynchburg way my man! Have you seen the Lynchburg Facebook pages? Anything about food gets all the love. :lol:
And the rumors of a Piggly Wiggly coming to Lynchburg :lol:
thepostman liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]