If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Imagine how boring winning in C-USA would be. Oh, we beat Middle Tennessee State again. Awesome.

It would feel like conference games in basketball feel. The expectation would be to win every single conference game.
Liberty22 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
I wonder how difficult scheduling will be if somehow UConn, UMass, NMST, and BYU all depart the Indy ranks and join conferences as rumored. Would being an independent become no longer viable?
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: October 29th, 2021, 12:00 pm I wonder how difficult scheduling will be if somehow UConn, UMass, NMST, and BYU all depart the Indy ranks and join conferences as rumored. Would being an independent become no longer viable?
Interesting. I would like to think that most of those commitments hold.
By rtb72
paradox wrote: October 29th, 2021, 2:46 pm
Kricket wrote: October 29th, 2021, 12:00 pm I wonder how difficult scheduling will be if somehow UConn, UMass, NMST, and BYU all depart the Indy ranks and join conferences as rumored. Would being an independent become no longer viable?
Concerning question I've also pondered. However, without Marshall in CUSA...it just lost a lot of attractiveness.
Kricket, ballcoach15 liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote: October 29th, 2021, 7:19 am This action is the publicly stated precursor to Marshall making a formal decision on whether to follow ODU and Southern Mississippi to the Sun Belt. However, it is also very interesting, given our own presidential search, that they chose a non-academic with a Big Business background as their new president:

https://www.wsaz.com/2021/10/28/son-mar ... president/
Maybe hard to turn him down. Per this link he was CEO of Intuit and they gave Marshall $30 million. He has given another $10 million personally. :D

Thanks for posting link.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I saw one guy from an espn radio affilliate post that Marshall to the Sunbelt will be a done deal today but that CUSA's targets really are NM State, Liberty, Sam Houston State, and also Uconn as football only.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I was thinking long term during conference play. Having other independent teams allows us to fill that schedule during conference play. If they don't have those weeks open it could create problems. That's gotta give Ian some cause for concern.
Risewithus liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: October 29th, 2021, 8:27 pm
Yeah, I was thinking long term during conference play. Having other independent teams allows us to fill that schedule during conference play. If they don't have those weeks open it could create problems. That's gotta give Ian some cause for concern.
Doubtful that he'd cave over that. There would have to be something more in the mix to lure us in IMO.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: October 29th, 2021, 4:55 pm
Concerning question I've also pondered. However, without Marshall in CUSA...it just lost a lot of attractiveness.
We'll probably never really know any of the behind the scenes details.
Just John liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: October 29th, 2021, 4:55 pm However, without Marshall in CUSA...it just lost a lot of attractiveness.
RTB speaks the truth. Marshall alumni have known that for years. Study :football
ballcoach15, rtb72 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JMU has to present a financial plan to the Virginia General Assembly, as a step toward going FBS. I hope General Assembly denies them going FBS. Taxpayers in Virginia should not have to fund this move. It will be a dark day for college football if JMU goes to Sun Belt.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Wow very interesting. Seems as if Sun Belt and now Mac saw this as an opportunity to rid themselves of competition and collectively kill off CUSA. In realignment for conferences it’s kill or be killed.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
And LU still off in a corner by themselves watching everyone else get in on the action. Seems kinda appropriate
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 30th, 2021, 2:54 pm And LU still off in a corner by themselves watching everyone else get in on the action. Seems kinda appropriate
Everyone getting in on the action Liberty is already in? If we were FCS this would make sense. This is such a tired woe is me take. We’re FBS which is all that matters. You were one who said we would never be FBS and here you continue your tired trope as if we’ve been passed over by JMU who is joining the club after us. At least your consistent I guess.
Ill flame liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: October 30th, 2021, 3:17 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 30th, 2021, 2:54 pm And LU still off in a corner by themselves watching everyone else get in on the action. Seems kinda appropriate
Everyone getting in on the action Liberty is already in? If we were FCS this would make sense. This is such a tired woe is me take. We’re FBS which is all that matters. You were one who said we would never be FBS and here you continue your tired trope as if we’ve been passed over by JMU who is joining the club after us. At least your consistent I guess.
First of all I never said LU would never be FBS. So I’ll wait for your retraction.
I believe JMU is the only FCS school moving up, and into a Conference. The other schools are moving Conferences to bolster their Programs etc. So that’s bad take #2
Yes. LU is at the FBS Party. Never said they were not. My point is that they are now in a corner by themselves watching everyone else get busy. Bad take by you #3
And just so @Cider Jim doesn’t get bent out of shape it’s ‘you’re’ not your :D

I suggest deleting your entire post and starting again with actual statements and takes I made.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]