If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Have_a_Gansett_2011
My guess any move in that direction would move football out of the NCAA entirely and become a separate entity, sort of like a reverse club sport. I guarantee that’s a viable option.

More likely, it’s these schools doing due diligence. We’re likely heading to 3-4 super conferences who’ll monopolize the football money. I don’t think ESPN actually wants to kill the possibility of a single G5 school to the playoffs. They want to keep that door open so they have a good story to run among the usual suspects, a la Boise State over Oklahoma.
By Have_a_Gansett_2011
Come on BC, even you can’t believe something as ridiculous as that. Liberty does NOTHING for the SEC because we are at least 40 years behind, 80 behind others. That matters. Winning for 2 years doesn’t. UofM and OSU have pedigree, tradition, money, and fan bases we couldn’t imagine. I hate OSU with a passion but they’d bring everything Texas brings PLUS winning. I don’t understand your B1G hate, it blinds you in this one!
ballcoach15 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:24 am SEC should reject Michigan and Ohio State. Don't even answer the phone when they call.

Liberty might as well contact SEC requesting an invitation. Liberty would be better for SEC than some of the schools being mentioned in the media.
flameshaw liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Have_a_Gansett_2011 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:06 pm We’re likely heading to 3-4 super conferences who’ll monopolize the football money.
3-4? That’s what we have now. We HAD 1 along with 2a, 2b, and 2c. We are headed to 1 and nothing OR 1 & 2 (if B10 & ACC figure out some type of reduction/ merger).

I wonder if the SEC pushes out Vandy.
By Ill flame
alabama24 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:38 pm
Have_a_Gansett_2011 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:06 pm We’re likely heading to 3-4 super conferences who’ll monopolize the football money.
3-4? That’s what we have now. We HAD 1 along with 2a, 2b, and 2c. We are headed to 1 and nothing OR 1 & 2 (if B10 & ACC figure out some type of reduction/ merger).

Right now we have 1a and 1b leaving behind everyone else. Big ten is still first in revenue with sec close behind. All of the other conferences are quickly falling behind those two with no hope of catching up.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Have_a_Gansett_2011 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:11 pm Come on BC, even you can’t believe something as ridiculous as that. Liberty does NOTHING for the SEC because we are at least 40 years behind, 80 behind others. That matters. Winning for 2 years doesn’t. UofM and OSU have pedigree, tradition, money, and fan bases we couldn’t imagine. I hate OSU with a passion but they’d bring everything Texas brings PLUS winning. I don’t understand your B1G hate, it blinds you in this one!
ballcoach15 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:24 am SEC should reject Michigan and Ohio State. Don't even answer the phone when they call.

Liberty might as well contact SEC requesting an invitation. Liberty would be better for SEC than some of the schools being mentioned in the media.
Yes he can

You’re new in these here parts ain’t ya? :lol:
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts

The ACC would take Vandy if the SEC pushed them out, probably before they'd take West Virginia.
alabama24 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Have_a_Gansett_2011 wrote: July 28th, 2021, 12:29 am Lol not new, just don’t post often.
Well post more! The more the merrier! We only make fun of new people for a little bit. Unless you’re a Marshall fan. Than there’s no hope for you. Right @Cider Jim
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: July 28th, 2021, 8:25 am

The ACC would take Vandy if the SEC pushed them out, probably before they'd take West Virginia.
I could see them taking both. Apparently there has already been contact between the ACC and WVU. The more I think about it the more I like it! We’d be like the Bad Boys of the ACC. The Oakland Raiders of the ACC! The Delta Tau Chi to the Omega Theta Pi of Tobacco Road. Can you imagine the Cameron Crazies and the Couch Burners going at it?!? Yes please!
LU 57, TH Spangler, JK37 liked this
By tyndal23

I don’t see any team getting “pushed out” to messy and expensive. Hence my take on the synopsis many keep talking about - going outside the NCAA with 32 or so teams. Going about it the wrong way. Just invite the 32 biggest $ earners to leave the NCAA all at once with just those teams. Dragging lower tier teams into bigger conferences doesn’t solve anything and will have same financial drawbacks from the top 32 and just make it harder to leave than it is now. ( I hate the idea and am not for it) but if that truly is the goal - the next “step “ shouldn’t be consolidating conferences. They should be quietly telling each team that wants to go to not renew their individual Grant of Rights. SEC screwed that one up by extending to 2032 ( or whatever it is ). Maybe there are legal outs since current grant of rights probably have NCAA wording all through it - or ESPN would have to ok with it in that they get the new “non NCAA” semi pro league contract to make up for the current SEC contract.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For the record, Have_A_Gansett_2011 has been a sporadic poster but has in fact been here for quite awhile.

As for Vandy, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. They'll just keep cashing those checks and stay thankful history treated them kindly. They only way they re separated from the SEC brethren is if everyone ese leaves to form a new organization outside the NCAA.

What has been fun for me is watching all of the national prognosticators looking at potential alliances/mergers/raise between B1G and ACC, ACC and Big XII, Pac-12 and Big XII, Big XII and AAC, AAC leftovrs and CUSA/Belt. No one has a clue right now which creates even greater speculation than the last round of realignment a decade ago.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 28th, 2021, 9:55 am WVU should not be in ACC. But knowing the ACC, they might let WV in. After all, they let Louisville in. WV is probably a better school than Louisville.
Are you posting and pedaling at the same time? Impressive multi-tasking. 8)
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 28th, 2021, 8:41 am

I could see them taking both. Apparently there has already been contact between the ACC and WVU. The more I think about it the more I like it! We’d be like the Bad Boys of the ACC. The Oakland Raiders of the ACC! The Delta Tau Chi to the Omega Theta Pi of Tobacco Road. Can you imagine the Cameron Crazies and the Couch Burners going at it?!? Yes please!
:vomit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 28th, 2021, 9:55 am WVU should not be in ACC. But knowing the ACC, they might let WV in. After all, they let Louisville in. WV is probably a better school than Louisville.
Why not? Make your case.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
The usual arguments for entrance into the ACC are going to be moot this time around. No longer will academics be a hindrance to anyone trying to flee the Big 12. WVU will most certainly be welcomed because they bring eyeballs to TV sets and nothing more. I'd argue that this is now about survival and no longer about conference prestige. and lets be honest half the schools in the ACC already don't give a rats behind about academics. I'd imagine in the short term WVU joins the ACC and the left behind texas schools align with the pac 12 and possibly OSU. Kansas, Kansas state and Iowa state head to the Big 10 and that will be it. ACC loses a lot of ground in that scenario to the Pac 12 and big 10. I wouldn't be surprised if they leverage ND to join to make it even. Boom 4 super conferences and a 12 team playoff that will allow the top 2 in every P4 and the top 3 G5 schools in. nothing changes really for the G5. eventually the P4 Break out from under the NCAA and form a new league.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 28th, 2021, 3:14 pm
Why not? Make your case.
Ballcoach is traveling today, but he has already answered your question: GEOGRAPHY.

If you want more, WVU is 6 hours and 365 miles from the ATLANTIC Coast. :fineprint
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Satire is not a strength of folks in Waco. If you were to think of one school that probably has the least options of any P5 school it would have to be Baylor or possibly K-State. Ann Richards & Bob Bullock can't rescue them this time.

Speaking of said situation ...

:popcorn
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 28th, 2021, 4:30 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 28th, 2021, 3:14 pm
Why not? Make your case.
Ballcoach is traveling today, but he has already answered your question: GEOGRAPHY.

If you want more, WVU is 6 hours and 365 miles from the ATLANTIC Coast. :fineprint
Like most of his arguments than it’s stupid and ignorant
ATrain liked this
This year's men’s basketball?

I have no interest in a 6' 8 guard or a 7' forward[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.