If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 3:19 pm Since the ACC started sleeping with Notre Dame, does anyone know ND's W-L record vs ACC ?
They have a winning records v. Virginia Tech
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 6:29 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 3:19 pm Since the ACC started sleeping with Notre Dame, does anyone know ND's W-L record vs ACC ?
What about the top ACC teams :dontgetit

But not too bad

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomlayberg ... 37a42f6dd5
By Baybird
Since that Forbes article (showing ND 23-8 vs. ACC) is two years old, ND has gone 13-2 vs. ACC. They have a 46-10 record since connecting to ACC. That's a .738 winning percentage.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sports Business Journal" wrote:Big Ten expansion? Here’s what the contracts say

If Notre Dame joins the Big Ten within the next seven years, CBS, Fox and NBC know exactly how much extra they will have to pay in rights fees. That specific dollar figure, which is not publicly known, is spelled out in the contracts.

No other school is mentioned in these deals by name, and the contracts don’t assign a dollar figure to any other school that may join the conference, according to several sources. Notre Dame is the only school that has specific language about escalators.
Click Here for Full Story

Of course, that doesn't mean that there aren't other escalator clauses. They just aren't assigned to a specific school.
ATrain liked this
By tyndal23
Baybird wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 9:09 am Since that Forbes article (showing ND 23-8 vs. ACC) is two years old, ND has gone 13-2 vs. ACC. They have a 46-10 record since connecting to ACC. That's a .738 winning percentage.
23 +13 = 46?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 8:59 pm
ATrain wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 6:29 pm
What about the top ACC teams :dontgetit

But not too bad

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomlayberg ... 37a42f6dd5
We all know BC only cares about VT
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Looks like the beans have been spilled on who the B1G will ultimately target: Notre Dame, Stanford, Cal, Oregon, Washington, Georgia Tech, UNC, and UVA. Once the west coast schools join, the "Corner 4," are going to the Big 12. The big question is, which ACC and/or Big 12 schools will the SEC target to get to 24? https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 865036001/
By Ill flame
alabama24 wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 8:41 pm
ATrain wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 6:42 pm Georgia Tech, UNC, and UVA.
:dontgetit
I don't get UVA since their biggest appeal is the DC market which the big ten already has. UNC and Georgia tech makes sense given the big tens current strategy. They are both great academic schools that will bring in big markets. I think they are working off the assumption that all these mediocre teams they are adding will get better with the huge tv money they'll be getting. Rutgers still isn't getting a full share of the tv money and it's already starting to payoff for them in basketball.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 6:56 pm Oregon is looking to go to the B1G:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sport ... er-report/
"The report this week that Oregon and the Big Ten had informally met feels like a convenient leak. It’s a way for Oregon to signal to the rest of the Pac-12, like your ex who broke up with you through body language signals and well-placed cues, this isn’t going to last much longer, honey."

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/ ... iting-for/
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope someday college sports get back to playing the game, and trying to win championships, instead of seeing who can have the biggest conference, and biggest TV contract.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 24th, 2022, 8:17 am I hope someday college sports get back to playing the game, and trying to win championships, instead of seeing who can have the biggest conference, and biggest TV contract.
That ship has already sailed. Glad I won't be around for the total destruction of college sports.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I read this morning that 1 school (I believe it was LSU) signed 24 players off the transfer portal. Why the NCAA allowed "free agency" to happen is puzzling. Some rogue coaches have basically stopped recruiting high school players, and focus mainly on players on other college teams.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: August 24th, 2022, 12:12 am
alabama24 wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 8:41 pm
ATrain wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 6:42 pm Georgia Tech, UNC, and UVA.
:dontgetit
I don't get UVA since their biggest appeal is the DC market which the big ten already has. UNC and Georgia tech makes sense given the big tens current strategy. They are both great academic schools that will bring in big markets. I think they are working off the assumption that all these mediocre teams they are adding will get better with the huge tv money they'll be getting. Rutgers still isn't getting a full share of the tv money and it's already starting to payoff for them in basketball.
Honestly, Maryland gave them the Baltimore market more than it did the DC market. The majority of the environs in DC and NOVA care more about UVA and VT than they do the Terps, despite the fact that College Park is basically right next door to the district.

UVA also fits their academic profile, and will help attract eyeballs in the growing Richmond market as well as the 757.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 24th, 2022, 11:06 am I read this morning that 1 school (I believe it was LSU) signed 24 players off the transfer portal. Why the NCAA allowed "free agency" to happen is puzzling. Some rogue coaches have basically stopped recruiting high school players, and focus mainly on players on other college teams.
Coaches don’t build programs anymore; they build new teams every year. It’s here to stay. Adapt or die.
By rtb72
ballcoach15 wrote: August 25th, 2022, 6:41 am That is true. I can't believe NCAA allowed this to happen. Poor leadership, I guess. Transfers should be allowed only for hardship cases.
Poor leadership.......or giving kids control of choosing their own course? Also, LU has been quite the beneficiary of the transfer portal over the past few seasons. For us in particular, and using only one example, look at the platform Malik now has; the recognition and representation he has already afforded us has been tremendous. I would also say he was all the better for it, too.
ATrain liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 25th, 2022, 6:41 am That is true. I can't believe NCAA allowed this to happen. Poor leadership, I guess. Transfers should be allowed only for hardship cases.
As long as coaches can change wherever and whenever they go, student-athletes should be allowed the same freedom. It’s not perfect, it’s very messy, but it’s the best system we’ve got.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Actually its great leadership. Scholarships are a 1 year contract, not 4+.
Purple Haize, rtb72 liked this

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]