If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Rubicon wrote: October 6th, 2021, 10:45 pm
tyndal23 wrote: October 6th, 2021, 1:41 pm
Would love to proactively go after BYU,Baylor,TCU,BC for long term scheduling if we remain Independent and decide to elevate our Program up a notch. For now, with 2 major Programs visiting 2022, I would really like to see an investment in the cable trolley cam system that P5 and NFL use for tv and make our broadcasts look P5. It is a big difference when watching a game and would enhance our tv value for future contracts. Seems like ESPN would save $ letting our team call the games - they are better than the crews ESPN currently uses.
What are my chances of getting good seats to the BYU game if I just buy them at the ticket booth? Or, should they be bought online?

How crazy is Virginia with Covid regulations, and will it likely be crazy next October?

Making it out there next year is probably a pipe dream, anyway, but just wondering . . . :D
We are expecting a sellout. I would absolutely say get your tickets in advance. VA is politically a red state because of the concentration of people in NOVA, but it does look like Gov. Northam realizes much of his state is blue, and has had a bit of a reality check after parroting the likes of Cuomo and Murphy early in the pandemic. Right now we are 100% capacity for outdoor activities.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As long as you are proactive in buying toickets early you ill be fine, Rubicon. I suspect if you are unable to go that some East Coast Mormons will be happy to buy them off you. With Southern Virginia University less than an hour away it will likely be like their unoffical homecoming game.

Back to realignment ...

The Murray State to MVC speculation has cooled off after a radio personality in Kentucky a week ago reported it as a done deal. It may still happen but is not a certainty. And since the MVFC is a separate entity it is not certain that Murray State would be invited in for all sports.

With every passing day, it is becoming more clear that the odds we join a new conference are decreasing.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: October 7th, 2021, 9:53 am As long as you are proactive in buying toickets early you ill be fine, Rubicon. I suspect if you are unable to go that some East Coast Mormons will be happy to buy them off you. With Southern Virginia University less than an hour away it will likely be like their unoffical homecoming game.

Back to realignment ...

The Murray State to MVC speculation has cooled off after a radio personality in Kentucky a week ago reported it as a done deal. It may still happen but is not a certainty. And since the MVFC is a separate entity it is not certain that Murray State would be invited in for all sports.

With every passing day, it is becoming more clear that the odds we join a new conference are decreasing.
Right now all the movement is related to the P5's.

Once that slows my guess is the G5's start looking to realign into tighter footprints.

I'm completely satisfied playing independent. Go get 4 or 5 P5 games per year.
ATrain, LUOrange, Liberty22 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Take it for what it is worth, but Huntington write Chuck Landon is trying to make headlines again stating that Marshall is negotiating right now with AAC.

CUSA BBS thread on Report

He is well known for outlandish claims. Just last month he reported that the Sun Belt Commish was in Huntington talking to Marshall officials.
By LUOrange
Rubicon wrote: October 6th, 2021, 10:45 pm
tyndal23 wrote: October 6th, 2021, 1:41 pm
Would love to proactively go after BYU,Baylor,TCU,BC for long term scheduling if we remain Independent and decide to elevate our Program up a notch. For now, with 2 major Programs visiting 2022, I would really like to see an investment in the cable trolley cam system that P5 and NFL use for tv and make our broadcasts look P5. It is a big difference when watching a game and would enhance our tv value for future contracts. Seems like ESPN would save $ letting our team call the games - they are better than the crews ESPN currently uses.
What are my chances of getting good seats to the BYU game if I just buy them at the ticket booth? Or, should they be bought online?

How crazy is Virginia with Covid regulations, and will it likely be crazy next October?

Making it out there next year is probably a pipe dream, anyway, but just wondering . . . :D
They're adding more seats by "tiering" our berm behind our south end zone, but how available will single game tickets be, especially for BYU? I don't know. Most of the time, I get my non-LU season tickets via StubHub. They're usually pretty cheap even with their ridiculous fees.

As far as scamdemic regulations next year, a lot will depend on our governor's race this November. The Republican will be more common sensical but probably not as good as DeSantis. The Democrat is Clinton sychophant Terry McAuliffe- enough said. So far this year, we're at 100% capacity. Hopefully, we'll be that way next year.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
BYU and Tech will be sold-out way in advance. When Tech played ODU in Norfolk Tech fans bought ODU season tickets just to have good seats for that one game. BYU turnout should equal the same # that came to their UVA game.

I went to the Tech Liberty basketball scrimmage couple years ago and vVnes was 80 percent full and 30 percent of them were Tech fans.
ATrain liked this
By Ill flame
I'm just ready for the AAC to add who they are going to add so the rest of the domino's can fall. Either the AAC is being very methodical or potential schools aren't jumping on the opportunity as soon as it becomes available and are waiting to see how things play out. Considering the long term stability of the AAC is in question I imagine it's the latter.
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: October 7th, 2021, 1:37 pm Liberty and Marshall would be good addition to AAC.
BC - How good is AAC in softball and baseball ? Is it a big step up from ASun ? ( too lazy to look up and has zero relevance, but just curious ).
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
We've already made our deposit for season tickets next year just so be can be sure we can get into the Tech and BYU games.

As far as realignment, my neighbors haven't said anything more since their crazy talk about Navy and Temple leaving the AAC for football independence, and in Temple's case basketball glory.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: October 7th, 2021, 2:20 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 7th, 2021, 1:37 pm Liberty and Marshall would be good addition to AAC.
BC - How good is AAC in softball and baseball ? Is it a big step up from ASun ? ( too lazy to look up and has zero relevance, but just curious ).
Without doing too much research, I'd say ASUN is better than AAC, in softball. AAC slightly better in baseball. RPI rankings for softball has Witchita State at #25, UCF 32, South FL 53 and Tulsa 98. In baseball ECU is #13, South Fl 79, Cincinnatti 80, Tulane 83, UCF 84.
Wichita State was ranked 24th in softball, (LU 25). LU RPI was 19. In baseball ECU was ranked 13th and South FL 22nd.

LU's RPI for softball was 19, and baseball 35.
tyndal23 liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote: October 9th, 2021, 2:50 pm If this gets any traction, it's big.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ssion=true
So, the Mid-Atlantic hypothetical suggests Navy, Marshall, ECU, Charlotte, Temple, ODU, CCU, APSU....that's eight. There are four Indys that fit this very loose definition: Army, Liberty, UConn, UMass. So, there would be potential for up to 12. Who knows?

I think we are all pretty familiar with how petty and impractical academia can be. Even if all these institutions benefit immensely, doesn't mean they'll figure it out and actually do it. So, my guess, is that it likely never gets put on our table, so there's nothing really there to consider. But again, who knows? It's October, and stranger things have happened.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Nice rivalry games there. Army - Navy, Coastal - Liberty, UConn - UMASS, App State - Charlotte, ODU - ECU.

ODU - Navy in Norfolk.

Temple - UConn - UMASS in basketball.

Makes to much sense. :lol:
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Does anyone else feel like the longer the AAC waits to add teams the better chance a few AAC teams nervously start looking around at their options?

It's like each conference and team is waiting around to see whose move it is next. This feels different than previous realignment as the pecking order has shifted. It was fairly obvious before that AAC was top, C-USA was second, and the Sun Belt was third in the region with the MAC being Switzerland of conference realignment.

Now it's the AAC over the Sun Belt, but if the Sun Belt added Liberty and one other football school and the AAC did something weird like add Rice, the football power could easily shift.

Markets vs good football programs is kind of the philosophical divide that helped the Sun Belt leap frog C-USA. There's a very outside chance the Sun Belt could leap frog the AAC as a football conference if the AAC isn't careful, which I think has the AAC pausing for a moment.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
These three conferences as they currently stand appear to be dead ends. There would need to be some serious shuffling before they have our ear IMO. It needs to be advantageous.

We were never a southern regional university. We're a unique private institution with a global mission. Past ADs and other decision-makers have lost sight of this in the past. Ian used the term Mid-Atlantic. He's got a larger focus.
ATrain, tyndal23, Liberty22 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]