If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 24th, 2021, 8:56 am
ATrain wrote: July 24th, 2021, 8:23 am
Purple Haize wrote: July 24th, 2021, 7:52 am

Can’t take the heat stay out of the kitchen

Of course if you ask those LU fans who went to Morgantown for that match up you’ll hear them say nothing but kind words about the fans. I was at the KState game last year, even had to sit in the KState section :shock: , and too a parent and fan they were complimentary of the crowd and how well they were treated. Even though they lost!
Seems to me that if they're burning couches, the heat's in the living room.
Nope. You never burn the good furniture. You burn the couch on the porch. Then you rotate the LR couch out to the porch and rent a new one for the LR.
Hey! Was that you at my last family reunion?!
By LUOrange
JK37 wrote: July 24th, 2021, 10:44 am
ballcoach15 wrote: July 24th, 2021, 6:58 am The reason most people hate WVU is the behavior of their drunk fans.
The reason most people hate this site is the behavior of you.
Whatever. I enjoy many of Ballcoach's posts.
JK37 liked this
By LUOrange
I saw a post on the twitters last night that said the remaining 8 schools in the B12 have approached the Pac 12 about a merger. I'm not sure if I like the idea of these possible mega-conferences.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I doubt that is the case. They would be forfeiting $20M apiece in UT/OU Grant of Rights fees. It is more likely half of them (likely TT, TCU, OSU, KU) head west and remaining four pull in BYU and their choice of G5s. If 6 schools left that balloons rather quickly for those left behind.

I don't see any FBS leagues folding. Too many CFP & Dance payouts and not to mention auto bids to sacrifice. We could see leagues like the Big XII or AAC get down to 1 or 2 teams and then retool completely. This could ultimately lead to a new east coast league that might be of interest to us.
LUOrange liked this
By cruzan_flame13
I wouldn't mind being in a conference that has Temple, ECU, Marshall, ODU, USF, FAU, App State, Coastal, Rice/SMU (farthest) and Cincy (a long shot). Eastern conference seem like its more possible and could be a top G5 conference.
TH Spangler liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 24th, 2021, 8:56 am
ATrain wrote: July 24th, 2021, 8:23 am
Purple Haize wrote: July 24th, 2021, 7:52 am

Can’t take the heat stay out of the kitchen

Of course if you ask those LU fans who went to Morgantown for that match up you’ll hear them say nothing but kind words about the fans. I was at the KState game last year, even had to sit in the KState section :shock: , and too a parent and fan they were complimentary of the crowd and how well they were treated. Even though they lost!
Seems to me that if they're burning couches, the heat's in the living room.
Nope. You never burn the good furniture. You burn the couch on the porch. Then you rotate the LR couch out to the porch and rent a new one for the LR.
See? You get it!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 24th, 2021, 11:42 am I wouldn't mind being in a conference that has Temple, ECU, Marshall, ODU, USF, FAU, App State, Coastal, Rice/SMU (farthest) and Cincy (a long shot). Eastern conference seem like its more possible and could be a top G5 conference.
That would be a solid conference for LU
By cruzan_flame13
If WVU gets in the ACC, then clearly these moves are just about how much money these conferences can get. No offense PH, but you know a lot of these presidents attempt keep their noses as high or higher than the others plus the political academic climate that has over powered most decisions in the past few decades.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Am I allowed to be offended? J/k

You’re right that money has a lot to do with it. Even if that was ALL it had to do with it, I’m not sure Morgantown moves the needle much for the ACC.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 24th, 2021, 12:34 pm If WVU gets in the ACC, then clearly these moves are just about how much money these conferences can get. No offense PH, but you know a lot of these presidents attempt keep their noses as high or higher than the others plus the political academic climate that has over powered most decisions in the past few decades.
None taken. I completely understand the reputation of WVU amongst the Ivy Tower folks I also know it’s a lot better know than it used to be and something that they are working hard to improve.
That said you’re right it’s gonna be all about money. Let’s look at some of these Saturday match ups. You don’t think they’re gonna draw folks?

WVU v VT
WVU v Pitt
WVU v Miami
WVU v Clemson
All those match ups have history and rivalry. I disagree a bit with @JK37 in that I think WVU will move the needle some. It has a more National following than a Boston College or a Wake Forest. They certainly have a very strong regional presence.
By LUOrange
I think the big IF is if they can get Notre Dame for football. After that, IMO the next best football option for the ACC is clearly WVU. Other than my obvious bias with Liberty, I don't see any other program moving the needle much for the ACC, even the former national champs UCF.
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote: July 24th, 2021, 1:04 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 24th, 2021, 12:34 pm If WVU gets in the ACC, then clearly these moves are just about how much money these conferences can get. No offense PH, but you know a lot of these presidents attempt keep their noses as high or higher than the others plus the political academic climate that has over powered most decisions in the past few decades.
None taken. I completely understand the reputation of WVU amongst the Ivy Tower folks I also know it’s a lot better know than it used to be and something that they are working hard to improve.
That said you’re right it’s gonna be all about money. Let’s look at some of these Saturday match ups. You don’t think they’re gonna draw folks?

WVU v VT
WVU v Pitt
WVU v Miami
WVU v Clemson
All those match ups have history and rivalry. I disagree a bit with @JK37 in that I think WVU will move the needle some. It has a more National following than a Boston College or a Wake Forest. They certainly have a very strong regional presence.
Three out of the four, yes lol. I should say it would make sense geographically and even reestablish/create rivalries. How desperate is the ACC? They can pretend thungs are fine but in reality it will not be if the SEC snag OSU (OH) and some others. So they better take what they can and worry about other things later. Seems like that's the trend in the past couple of realignments :lol:
By Ill flame
I wouldn't mind at all if Ohio St and Michigan goes to the SEC. The big ten add Kansas, lets Rutgers and Maryland go to the ACC and then all of the remaining conferences decide to break away from the new SEC and have their own playoffs.

A college football playoff without the blue bloods would have so much parity and be a lot of fun to watch. The remaining teams would still be big draws so the money would be there even if it's not as much.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: July 24th, 2021, 1:19 pm I think the big IF is if they can get Notre Dame for football. After that, IMO the next best football option for the ACC is clearly WVU. Other than my obvious bias with Liberty, I don't see any other program moving the needle much for the ACC, even the former national champs UCF.
UConn's football program doesn't move the needle, but I bet the ACC would welcome in their basketball teams.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 24th, 2021, 1:04 pm WVU will move the needle some. It has a more National following than a Boston College or a Wake Forest.
Because everyone wants to get the heck out of Morgantown after they graduate and try to get a job out of state.
By LUOrange
ATrain wrote: July 24th, 2021, 1:42 pm
LUOrange wrote: July 24th, 2021, 1:19 pm I think the big IF is if they can get Notre Dame for football. After that, IMO the next best football option for the ACC is clearly WVU. Other than my obvious bias with Liberty, I don't see any other program moving the needle much for the ACC, even the former national champs UCF.
UConn's football program doesn't move the needle, but I bet the ACC would welcome in their basketball teams.
I've always believed that, but the ACC has turned them down or outright ignored them for sometime now. The resentment towards UCONN must be deep. I think they get left outside again, especially since this is about football, which is what should really help WVU. Restoring much of the old Big East rivalries would make for good TV. Besides, who wouldn't want to see the CVille Woke Mob take on their Kissing Cousins from the west?
ATrain liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: July 24th, 2021, 3:16 pm
ATrain wrote: July 24th, 2021, 1:42 pm
I've always believed that, but the ACC has turned them down or outright ignored them for sometime now. The resentment towards UCONN must be deep. I think they get left outside again, especially since this is about football, which is what should really help WVU. Restoring much of the old Big East rivalries would make for good TV. Besides, who wouldn't want to see the CVille Woke Mob take on their Kissing Cousins from the west?
As a longtime UConn fan, I can tell you the resentment from two ACC schools in particular runs deep. BC specifically blocked UConn when Big East football collapsed because they wanted to be the only New England team in the ACC. At the time UConn football was at least mediocre and had recently come off a fluke BCS bowl appearance, so they seemed a reasonable choice for the ACC. The Orange are also particularly bitter about UConn’s basketball success as compared to theirs, although I don’t know if that reaches all the way to the administration. I know the fans can be pretty salty about it.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]