If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Have_a_Gansett_2011 wrote: October 26th, 2021, 3:08 pm
3. Increase IM/HF/RM salaries!
4. Get out of the ASUN!
HF just received an extension last year, and it reportedly made him one of the highest paid amongst G5 coaches, which is fair given our current level of achievement. Supposedly it’s in the $2.5 - 3M range.

I’m okay with the ASUN for now as long as we keep winning it every year. It gives us an easy “in” to the NCAA tournament.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
With the new schools joining ASUN conference, the conference will improve in all sports.

LU leadership does need to be seen in the community more, and even on campus more. Some seem to be holed up in a cave, under Candlers Mountain. They're never to be seen.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote: October 26th, 2021, 3:04 pm
Purple Haize wrote:@lawdawg2002 sounds like a member of The Dark Side. I wonder if he’s gunning for the job of Potentate Study
It amazes me that the only requirement to join the dark side these days is to have a remotely realistic view of the school.
You’re still my boy Blue!
ATrain liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Is everyone convinced that JMU is moving up? What do the locals in Harrisonburg say?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: October 27th, 2021, 11:48 am Is everyone convinced that JMU is moving up? What do the locals in Harrisonburg say?
If the JMU message board is any indication, there would be a bloody mutiny otherwise.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: October 27th, 2021, 1:38 pm
TH Spangler wrote: October 27th, 2021, 1:13 pm Do Virginia tax payers pick up JMU's buyout fee. I heard it's a millions dollars. :lol:
I would guess, indirectly and partly, yes.
I read ODU and Southern Mississippi would move quickly, but the virginia general assembly has to approve JMUs move from fcs to fbs which I guess includes the million dollars to be paid to CAA.
LUOrange liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There is legislation in play that requires JMU to limit the percentage of student fees that can be used for athletics. Currently 80% of their ridiculously high budget comes from fees. No other school in the nation has that much burden on students. So they will need to get some provision or approval to move forward. It will happen.
ballcoach15, LUOrange liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:02 pm
TH Spangler wrote: October 27th, 2021, 1:13 pm Do Virginia tax payers pick up JMU's buyout fee. I heard it's a millions dollars. :lol:
I read ODU and Southern Mississippi would move quickly, but the virginia general assembly has to approve JMUs move from fcs to fbs which I guess includes the million dollars to be paid to CAA.
Our tax money should not go to JMU to go to Sun Belt. They should not move up to FBS.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
The sky should not be blue. It should be green.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JMU is in going to be in a Conference. LU is not. Sorry but that’s gotta sting. It’s like they crashed the party, brought some beer and are now sitting in the corner watching the other boy get dances with the pretty (and not so pretty) girls.
By Ill flame
Purple Haize wrote: October 27th, 2021, 7:10 pm JMU is in going to be in a Conference. LU is not. Sorry but that’s gotta sting. It’s like they crashed the party, brought some beer and are now sitting in the corner watching the other boy get dances with the pretty (and not so pretty) girls.
I'm confused. It's supposed to sting us that we weren't invited to dance with the ugly girls in the sunbelt?
Liberty22, LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: October 27th, 2021, 7:20 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 27th, 2021, 7:10 pm JMU is in going to be in a Conference. LU is not. Sorry but that’s gotta sting. It’s like they crashed the party, brought some beer and are now sitting in the corner watching the other boy get dances with the pretty (and not so pretty) girls.
I'm confused. It's supposed to sting us that we weren't invited to dance with the ugly girls in the sunbelt?
Right now the Sun Belt is looking pretty attractive. And they are on the dance floor. Not huddled in a corner by themselves holding a solo cup filled with back wash
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:43 pm
TH Spangler wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:02 pm

Our tax money should not go to JMU to go to Sun Belt. They should not move up to FBS.
Glad I don't pay taxes in Virginia :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:16 pm JMU Board is meeting at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow or Friday. I hope they vote to not go to Sun Belt.
Ok. You are in the room and on the Board. Make your case for not going
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:55 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:16 pm JMU Board is meeting at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow or Friday. I hope they vote to not go to Sun Belt.
Ok then......the best possible season that you can have in the Sun Belt is 2020 CCU, but you lose your undefeated season to that thing that you said about a kid in a corner by the punchbowl. That's your ceiling. So, no matter how you slice it, you inevitably lose to the hip Indy guy down the road who's freed himself from all delusions & fantasies about the legitimacy of the Sun Belt.
Liberty22 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: October 27th, 2021, 10:30 pm
Ok then......the best possible season that you can have in the Sun Belt is 2020 CCU, but you lose your undefeated season to that thing that you said about a kid in a corner by the punchbowl. That's your ceiling. So, no matter how you slice it, you inevitably lose to the hip Indy guy down the road who's freed himself from all delusions & fantasies about the legitimacy of the Sun Belt.
Have you been drinking again? :D
Sun Belt 2023 is going to be a really solid league. I see no reason why JMU would want to pass on that. Whatever it was that you just typed didn’t address that either
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
1. $$$$$$$$ (expenses)
2. Tougher league = more defeats
By Ill flame
While I think the sunbelt is making the right decisions for the most part, it'll still be the 3rd best G5 (G4?) for the foreseeable future. The only school with a high ceiling is Georgia St but the sunbelt did the equivalent of a MLB team signing a 16 year old Dominican player, they still have a long way to go.

App St, Louisiana and Marshall have relatively high floors but are held back by relatively limited resources. Unfortunately for every solid football program they have a counterweight at the bottom of the conference keeping them from gaining momentum like ULM, Texas St, USA and now JMU, ODU and USM (at least for the next few years)

While I think joining the sunbelt has advantages and I'm happy for them that they are trending up and gaining serious momentum, I'm not upset in the slightest that we won't be joining what will still be the second worst conference in fbs unless c-usa finds a way to survive.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]