If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
ballcoach15 wrote:Ten years ago if someone has said "one day Syracuse and Louisville will be in the ACC", that person would have been banned from message boards for being "too far out in left field". Those 2 schools , along with Pittsburg, going to ACC, proves that anything may be possible
Very true, and I'm not even talking about football. Honestly if Liberty prosper and can manage being independent, then I would hope they stay that way. With that being said, I hope they play most teams from a specific conference(at best the AAC and neighboring schools with independents). I'm looking more into the other sports. I recommended the Big East because most of the schools are private and religious(although I believe Christianity is a relationship with our creator and not what society defined as religious nowadays). Yes they have very known schools with history, but most of the schools are not as powerful on the court like they used to be (although some of them were ranked this past season). If any case, I hope LU improve with recruiting and transfers to build a stable program in which can make something out of themselves. Hopefully by then, the Big East will expand and it seem they eventually will with ACC. If we are recognize as a decent program during this time and can be compared to Dayton, VCU, St. Louis and others(as in quality of team) then we might get a possible chance. From what I've read, The Big East are into private small schools and not so much public schools. LU is private and we have similarities with the other BE schools compared to public institutions. With that being said, listening to one of the commisioners interviews on the subject, it is not a crazy idea that she and the AD's would treat us like the Sun Belt did. They'd at least evaluate the option for the best of the conference and not stuck their noses high(even though the conference is at the bottom of the conference chain) and mock LU like the Sun Belt ADs' did. Another reason to consider is that our other sports are playing quite well and against known schools. They could be competitive with the Big East school(LU field hockey is already doing so). The only thing to consider is if LU would make some of the club teams become NCAA accredited (men's lacrosse/swimming&diving, women's golf?, etc.). These are possibilities to look at and I'm sure McCaw is looking at those. LU wants to develop and pursue greatness to the best of their ability, not stay mediocre.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:So we will put you down as a LU to the Big East advocate. Not as crazy as LU to the SEC but at least they have football

Do whatever you will, but college sports have and will transform and also schools will do the same. I'm not surprise you and others think the way you do. Most of y'all lives were used to what we see today. In five decades, things will change with conferences and sports. Sadly, since you don't believe it, it is crazy and not possible.
What don't I believe? That the College Sports Landscape will change over the next 50 years? How exactly do I think? You know nothing about me I will tell you I do place the occasional wager and I'll place $100 against yours that LU will not be joining the Big East in all sports.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Ten years ago if someone has said "one day Syracuse and Louisville will be in the ACC", that person would have been banned from message boards for being "too far out in left field". Those 2 schools , along with Pittsburg, going to ACC, proves that anything may be possible
Not really. It was obvious that the Big East was not a happy place. It was not designed as a FB conference and as teams were added so was bad blood. The implosion of the Big East was seen a long way off
Of course I still feel like I'm in Crazy World with WVU in the Big 12
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:So we will put you down as a LU to the Big East advocate. Not as crazy as LU to the SEC but at least they have football

Do whatever you will, but college sports have and will transform and also schools will do the same. I'm not surprise you and others think the way you do. Most of y'all lives were used to what we see today. In five decades, things will change with conferences and sports. Sadly, since you don't believe it, it is crazy and not possible.
What don't I believe? That the College Sports Landscape will change over the next 50 years? How exactly do I think? You know nothing about me I will tell you I do place the occasional wager and I'll place $100 against yours that LU will not be joining the Big East in all sports.

Woah there cowboy, you need to calm down. Do you ever read my entire list or what you want to pick out of it? I say it is a possibility, which means that it is inevitable(I guess something never is once you don't agree with it). Oh I don't bet on things because there's something call faith. I'm going to support my alma mater and I see possibilities. So I don't need you to make a bet or tell me something isn't going to happen when I saw you and others plus people I know that initiated that liberty wouldn't make it to FBS or at least not even soon. Getting that opportunity from a school that less than half a century old is a positive step forward. Also I don't need to know you but frim your post, I can see that you think inside the box to much. Well that's probably a good reason that you're not president of LU or even the AD. Things will continue to go in even with your comments or mine. From the looks of it, the AD is more of a 'carpe diem' kind of guy. That's why my statements are not impossible.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
'Think inside the box guy'. Yep. You are literally the first person to ever say that about me.
I am confused on what gambling and faith have to do with anything. I would think you would gamble more if you had faith I mean if you firmly believe that an outcome is a foregone conclusion than it would be unwise not to wager.
I also never said going FBS would never happen I just said it was not a good idea. I think going independent is a HUGE gamble but I understand what they are going for. ( Of course now knowing that you don't gamble I find it odd you support such a risky gamble. )
And since my last name is not Falwell and being married to Sr's Goddaughter doesn't count, I have 0 chance of ever being LU President. Running LU will always be a Family Business
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Hahahaha purple thinks inside the box too much! That's a good one!
My new theme song

[youtube]TAqZb52sgpU[/youtube]
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:'Think inside the box guy'. Yep. You are literally the first person to ever say that about me.
I am confused on what gambling and faith have to do with anything. I would think you would gamble more if you had faith I mean if you firmly believe that an outcome is a foregone conclusion than it would be unwise not to wager.
I also never said going FBS would never happen I just said it was not a good idea. I think going independent is a HUGE gamble but I understand what they are going for. ( Of course now knowing that you don't gamble I find it odd you support such a risky gamble. )
And since my last name is not Falwell and being married to Sr's Goddaughter doesn't count, I have 0 chance of ever being LU President. Running LU will always be a Family Business
Based on your statement, having faith and gambling can be intertwined, gotcha smh. Also, if I'm the first person to point that out to you then that's pretty sad. With that being said, LU is not talkingsuch a risk because this was already planned out. If you actually listened to the Jerry Jr's interviews, he stares that LU always wanted to to go the independent route since 2011 like they have been before back in the day. The opening spot for the Sun Belt came and they tested it and it didnt work out. They still had the independent plan in mind and it happen faster than they thought. So that tight there just make your gambling comment ridiculous. Also, faith is knowing that the choice you'll make will prosper because someone(in LU's case God and those athletic department being confident) will see it through. Gambling is a personal desire with no proper knowledge of the outcome. There's a difference in which you seem to not comprehend. Lastly, calling LU an enterprise because you don't like how things are running is just a joke. Because they've boomed financially from a prosperous way of education doesn't make it a business. You for one should know better, or maybe not.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:'Think inside the box guy'. Yep. You are literally the first person to ever say that about me.
Based on your statement, having faith and gambling can be intertwined, gotcha smh. Also, if I'm the first person to point that out to you then that's pretty sad. With that being said, LU is not talkingsuch a risk because this was already planned out. If you actually listened to the Jerry Jr's interviews, he stares that LU always wanted to to go the independent route since 2011 like they have been before back in the day. The opening spot for the Sun Belt came and they tested it and it didnt work out. They still had the independent plan in mind and it happen faster than they thought. So that tight there just make your gambling comment ridiculous. Also, faith is knowing that the choice you'll make will prosper because someone(in LU's case God and those athletic department being confident) will see it through. Gambling is a personal desire with no proper knowledge of the outcome. There's a difference in which you seem to not comprehend. Lastly, calling LU an enterprise because you don't like how things are running is just a joke. Because they've boomed financially from a prosperous way of education doesn't make it a business. You for one should know better, or maybe not.

It's easy to say they wanted to go independent after they didn't receive an invite. If that was truly the case, they would have actually benefited from announcing their intentions. If that was the original plan, there was literally no reason to keep it secret. This is the equivalent to not getting a job and then telling your friends, "Well, I didn't want the job anyway!" If you didn't want the job, why did you apply and tell everyone how "ready" you are?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Did you know Gullible' is not in the dictionary?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:This thread is getting filled with tl:dr posts.
I don't know what tl:dr posts are. Could you step inside my box and explain it?
Last edited by Purple Haize on April 6th, 2017, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By cruzan_flame13
VAGolf wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

It's easy to say they wanted to go independent after they didn't receive an invite. If that was truly the case, they would have actually benefited from announcing their intentions. If that was the original plan, there was literally no reason to keep it secret. This is the equivalent to not getting a job and then telling your friends, "Well, I didn't want the job anyway!" If you didn't want the job, why did you apply and tell everyone how "ready" you are?
Actually I've heard Falwell state this even before the Sun Belt possibility. He just initiated that it would be better to join a conference (before 2013, also you don't know what was being discussed before then). Even former coach Rocco talked about the chances as LU plans to get FBS ready and also the possibilities of looking into the conference realignment. Also I don't think he or anyone for that matter have to initiate every action being done especially when there were a few obstacles going on at that time with conferences. So you can only assume that he only stated this when LU didn't get an invite. As he has repeatedly stated in past and present interviews, that LU was looking at every angle which was a possible conference invite when opportunities cane about or the regular independent route from the past peecedures from back in the day. Of course the independent route would have seem to take longer so the min focus was the conference route. Well that option was finally not a positive out look when the Big 12 decided not to expand(the talks have been going on for years).
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:This thread is getting filled with tl:dr posts.
I don't know what tl:dr posts are. Could you step inside my box and explain it?
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Did you know Gullible' is not in the dictionary?

Are you going to ignore the fact that your comments are full of bologna? I guess adolescent behavior doesn't end based on ones' age.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
What do you have against bologna? Solid food source. Especially fried with cheese and mustard!!

Secondly I see a lot of projection in that last post

Finally it may be age but I had a difficult time deciphering what your actual point is other than 'anything is possible'. And you take ANYTHING to the absolute extreme. So I was just letting you alone in your sandbox.
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:What do you have against bologna? Solid food source. Especially fried with cheese and mustard!!

Secondly I see a lot of projection in that last post

Finally it may be age but I had a difficult time deciphering what your actual point is other than 'anything is possible'. And you take ANYTHING to the absolute extreme. So I was just letting you alone in your sandbox.
My anything is just not anything. Clearly you see the steps that LU is taking which can lead to success. So based on those steps taken with becoming FBS and the improvement in recruiting in the other sports, I don't think what I was implying is so far fetched. I never said it will definitely occur right now in even in a few months, however I feel that LU should give it a go especially if the programs exceed and progress. So, nothing is being taken to the extreme here. Maybe you see it that way but I'm not changing what I've stated. I think when push come to shove and that possibility comes knocking of conference realignment, LU should take that chance. That may be awhile though so LU can improve in all areas of the athletic program.

P.S. I'm just not a balogna fan. Give me some roast beef, and we could call it a day.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Looks like someone started hitting the bottle a little early today. :) Either that, or they majored in English at UNC.
:bowdown :clapping :rofl :dance
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I know logistics don't make sense but anyone think Liberty should kick tires with the OVC once they lose Belmont and Murray State? OVC is a more stable and competitive conference than the Big South.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:I know logistics don't make sense but anyone think Liberty should kick tires with the OVC once they lose Belmont and Murray State? OVC is a more stable and competitive conference than the Big South.
Aren't they FCS?
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballah09 wrote:I know logistics don't make sense but anyone think Liberty should kick tires with the OVC once they lose Belmont and Murray State? OVC is a more stable and competitive conference than the Big South.
Aren't they FCS?
Yes but I'm talking about all the other sports or is that against the NCAA rules?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Aren't they FCS?
Yes but I'm talking about all the other sports or is that against the NCAA rules?
Gotcha. I don't think it's against the rules but I'm not sure if the OVC would see any advantage. It would be a stop gap measure if they want that though
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Gotcha. I don't think it's against the rules but I'm not sure if the OVC would see any advantage. It would be a stop gap measure if they want that though
Liberty would be there for the foreseeable future so I don't think the OVC would view them as a pit stop like the Big South views us. Liberty wants out in the worse way and I think this is the perfect opportunity. As for what Liberty brings...They bring in the nations top facilities. Very good TF/XC, Golf and Baseball teams and the rest of the teams are competitive. Plus they sponsor Rifle and from what I hear, Liberty eventually wants to add a co-ed scholarship riffle team. Compared to what else is out there they don't have many options to choose from. Maybe FGCU.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:
Liberty would be there for the foreseeable future so I don't think the OVC would view them as a pit stop like the Big South views us. Liberty wants out in the worse way and I think this is the perfect opportunity. As for what Liberty brings...They bring in the nations top facilities. Very good TF/XC, Golf and Baseball teams and the rest of the teams are competitive. Plus they sponsor Rifle and from what I hear, Liberty eventually wants to add a co-ed scholarship riffle team. Compared to what else is out there they don't have many options to choose from. Maybe FGCU.
I think it's intriguing but if I'm a member of any non FBS conference I look at LU as temporary. If CUSA or some such Conference came calling, LU is bolting.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hoc[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]