If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
Ill flame wrote: January 7th, 2024, 8:24 pm The P4 schools know they can't just kick the G5 schools out without more lawsuits the will inevitably lose. The goal seems to be to have P5 schools "opt in" to the new subdivision and have it be just expensive enough that G5 schools can't afford it and won't have a valid lawsuit because the only thing keeping them out is their own inability to pay rather than the lack of an invite.

Part of me hopes they implement it because then the only thing keeping us from being a "power conference" team is writing a check which we seem to be good at.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I'm still trying to decode how SMU got invited to ACC. :dontgetit
Here's a hint: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
By Ill flame

Here's a good visualization of our endowment compared to other D1 schools by conference during FY22. No wonder the sunbelt wouldn't touch us. I knew they were relatively poor by comparison but I didn't realize our endowment was almost 5x more than their current "richest" school. We would be ranked 5th in the SEC and 4th in the Big 12.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 27th, 2024, 1:18 pm

Here's a good visualization of our endowment compared to other D1 schools by conference during FY22. No wonder the sunbelt wouldn't touch us. I knew they were relatively poor by comparison but I didn't realize our endowment was almost 5x more than their current "richest" school. We would be ranked 5th in the SEC and 4th in the Big 12.
And our endowment is 3 times that much...
By Ill flame

I'm not sure what to think of this yet but it can't be good. People have been talking about the B1G and SEC breaking off and creating their own superleague for awhile but up until this point its been a pipedream with both leagues being diametrically opposed on certain key issues. The B1G/ACC/pac12 alliance designed to oppose the SEC feels like forever ago but it was only a little over 2 years ago. Now that both conferences are formally forming an alliance it feels like the final straw before college football looks like NFL lite.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
They are teaming up to protect the rogue schools in each conference. (those who buy recruits and players from transfer portal.)
NCAA should send investigators to the following states: Ohio, Georgia and Texas, (Tennessee also)
Last edited by ballcoach15 on February 5th, 2024, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 7:58 pm They are teaming up to protect the rogue schools in each conference. (those who buy recruits and players from transfer portal.)
NCAA should send investigators to Ohio, Georgia and Texas, (Tennessee also)
Not sure why you think the Bobcats need investigating
But they should probably look into such scoff laws as …
Alabama
Auburn
Texas A and M
Houston
Va Tech
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 8:04 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 7:58 pm They are teaming up to protect the rogue schools in each conference. (those who buy recruits and players from transfer portal.)

Not the Bobcats, you know which team in Ohio I am referring to.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 8:22 pm

Not the Bobcats, you know which team in Ohio I am referring to.

You said Ohio. They are the Bobcats.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
But they should probably look into such scoff laws as …
Alabama
Auburn
Texas A and M
Houston
Va Tech
Honestly, the entire Power 4 (especially the B1G and SEC) should be investigated.
By Ill flame
The athletic is reporting that an agreement has been made for ESPN to have exclusive broadcasting rights for the CFP through 2032. The annual payout will increase from $608 million/year to $1.3 Billion/ year. That's a lot of money but I expected it to be a lot higher considering it's nearly 4x more games and some of the commissioners wanted these games to be spread across multiple networks.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
https://sports.yahoo.com/as-college-foo ... 58685.html

So how do we keep "rising"? Loved Coach Chadwell calling out exactly what LSU offered CJ. Hate the idea of a G5 playoff. We could have stayed in FCS for that but things are changing fast and we are in a better position than many.
LUOrange liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]