If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By tyndal23
This was not a one time exception for Big 12. CUSA can have Championship Game. With this in mind, absolutely no need to add any more teams and dilute the tiny tv pie. And Certainly do not add 1 team to split in to divisions ( 10 teams isn’t enough practically for divisions ) and playing round robin with 10 teams drops you down to 3 non con. ( current Big 12 model - I like the round robin but not the 3 non con aspect ). 9 teams is perfect and allows for better SOS scheduling/flexibility.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... -able-hold
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
While I agree for football purposes, it might make sense to go to at least ten for divisions in the olympics. FGCU makes sense as a travel partner for FIU.
By BlueBlood
Sly Fox wrote: November 11th, 2021, 1:32 pm While I agree for football purposes, it might make sense to go to at least ten for divisions in the olympics. FGCU makes sense as a travel partner for FIU.
I think FGCU would be perfect. Except, what happens when FIU moves to another conference in a couple years?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
If we need 10 for Olympic Sports, Arkansas-Little Rock and UT-Arlington are about to be homeless. Also UNCG is the only non-football playing member of the SoCon, and they have a decent bball program. I also agree with Sly, FGCU would be a great travel partner for FIU.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That basically lays out everything we discussed in the past 40 pages or so of this epic thread. Just glad we have some clarity and can plan accordingly. Oh yeah, league game sby my house worked out nicely as well.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I’d be much more excited for all of this if it worked out like initial thoughts of keeping Marshall etc and adding us and JMU. That’d be a great conference. This hodge podge we have now is just meh. I’m glad it improves our olympics etc but it’s still a meh conference.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 13th, 2021, 4:57 pm I wish Marshall had stayed in CUSA.
So do I, Ballcoach. Crybaby
By BlueBlood
rmiller1959 wrote: November 13th, 2021, 11:01 am This is an excellent insider account of the realignment deliberations within C-USA leading up to where we are now. It's interesting how close we came to other configurations within the league:

https://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku/ ... 9d68e.html
Very insightful article. The WKU AD didn’t instill any confidence at all that they will stick around. He was pretty candid regarding wanting to leave C-USA behind. Like I said above, if they leave they leave. Give EKU their spot and let’s see if southern recruiting grounds can push EKU ahead of them. Let them enjoy the cold.
jimflamesfan liked this
By Ill flame
rmiller1959 wrote: November 13th, 2021, 11:01 am This is an excellent insider account of the realignment deliberations within C-USA leading up to where we are now. It's interesting how close we came to other configurations within the league:

After reading this it sounds to me like wku has accepted their place in the G5 landscape. It seems they would have preferred having stability in a conference that is content being mediocre over being in an unstable conference where everyone is trying to move up the ladder. There's really nothing wrong with either option if your happy with it but mtsu clearly thinks they can do better than the MAC in the long run and doesn't mind betting on themselves to be more attractive in the next round of realignment than they are now.
BlueBlood liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 14th, 2021, 6:23 am MAC is a boring conference with a bunch of Ohio and Directional Michigan schools. Hard to believe anyone would even think about going there.
I think the MAC was Marshall's first FBS conference before they moved on to Conference USA and now the Sun Belt.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 14th, 2021, 6:23 am MAC is a boring conference with a bunch of Ohio and Directional Michigan schools. Hard to believe anyone would even think about going there.
This is actually one of your better takes. The theoretical reason a school (say for, instance WKU) would think of joining the MAC it is that it would provide a stable home for all sports where they could potentially be highly competitive and save money on travel. Low ceiling but high floor. That's OK if your goals are modest. The possible fly in the ointment is that there are a few schools in the MAC who are really struggling financially.
BlueBlood liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ball St on line 1
By BlueBlood
Purple Haize wrote: November 14th, 2021, 9:53 am
Ball St on line 1
Having one Indiana school doesn’t makes it any less boring
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange

I finally sat down to read that article, and it was very good. Personally, I don't blame WKU for pursuing the MAC for stability and less travel. I'm still leary of CUSA 4.0 and the amount of travel between schools without many stops in between them. Especially, when you consider CUSA's turbulence may not be over as we're again waiting on the B12.

But from what I've read on message board combined with this article, it seemed that CUSA was set be But then once 2 o3 schools (presumably La Tech, UTEP &/or USM) refused to vote for us Marshall &/or JMU demanded us or they're leaving for the Belt that those schools called their bluff, so Marshall &/or JMU walked. with ODU in tow. Then obviously, those left had no choice but to beg us to join. Just my conclusion/opinion on what happened. I just hope our relationship with Marshall, JMU & ODU is that strong and if true, it adds to how good of an AD McCaw is. Hopefully, we can keep and increase our OOC scheduling with Marshall, JMU & ODU.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: November 14th, 2021, 12:25 pm
Ball St on line 1
Oh it’s still boring. But as usual ballcoach has faulty facts
ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 14th, 2021, 4:00 pm
BlueBlood wrote: November 14th, 2021, 12:25 pm

Ball St on line 1
Oh it’s still boring. But as usual ballcoach has faulty facts
I thought he had "alternative facts." He also forgot to mention past and future LU opponent, U. of Buffalo Bulls not Bills
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 14th, 2021, 2:52 pm We should not play JMU in 🏈.
Ballcoach, other than the fact that you personally hate them, why not?

JMU would be a great in-state rival: the travel distance to Harrisonburg is only 2 hours, the Shenandoah Valley is maybe the most beautiful part of the state, the schools are very similar in size, and we have a long history of playing each other.
badger74, Baybird, flameshaw liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 14th, 2021, 4:41 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 14th, 2021, 2:52 pm We should not play JMU in 🏈.
Ballcoach, other than the fact that you personally hate them, why not?

JMU would be a great in-state rival: the travel distance to Harrisonburg is only 2 hours, the Shenandoah Valley is maybe the most beautiful part of the state, the schools are very similar in size, and we have a long history of playing each other.
Ain’t no “maybe” about it.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]