If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: July 26th, 2021, 10:20 am 20 is way to big, but they'll try just about anything once chasing the almighty dollar
And remember, it’s dollar PER MEMBER. Bringing in another member who stands to increase revenue sharing less than one member share won’t fly. That’s what capped expansion last time. The same logic holds.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 26th, 2021, 10:59 am Also ballcoach: "I expect NCAA to fix everything I don't like about college sports".
The NCAA really needs to get Ballcoach's phone number and put it in speed dial. :typing :oldhag
ballcoach15 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Our new ESPN deal goes through 2025. How long do you think it takes for all this shuffling to playout. If we get all call to join a conf what happens to our ESPN deal?
By LUOrange
TH Spangler wrote: July 26th, 2021, 12:52 pm Our new ESPN deal goes through 2025. How long do you think it takes for all this shuffling to playout. If we get all call to join a conf what happens to our ESPN deal?
Our contract won't matter if/when we get a call because ESPN is the pupetmaster right now anyway.
By LU 57
Sly Fox wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:24 pm With our contract in hand with the Mouse, keep your eyes on leagues with similar ties.
I started to try and research this, but grew impatient🤣

AAC? MAC? Didn’t look like CUSA has this type of deal.
By LU 57
TH Spangler wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:28 pm
Sly Fox wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:24 pm With our contract in hand with the Mouse, keep your eyes on leagues with similar ties.
LFSN may end up being what puts us over the top.
Our broadcasts are head and shoulders above anything else I have seen at the G5 level.
LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
LU 57 wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:50 pm
I started to try and research this, but grew impatient🤣

AAC? MAC? Didn’t look like CUSA has this type of deal.
I think CUSA is with CBS. SBC might be mousekateers as well.
LU 57 liked this
By Have_a_Gansett_2011
I think there is smoke with the AAC… who may want to build numbers ahead of any poaching to come. Lining up our own network with the AAC’s same broadcast partner is just another step in the right direction.
02BF58C5-E1DB-4B1D-8C11-156008E5920F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ballcoach15, LU 57 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It is not a question of IF they will re-load, the question is how many schools will they take. Until the dust settles from possible Pac-12 & B1G raiding it is difficult to determine. I think everyone will now watch to see how Ut & OU negotiate their way out of the league to determine their best path forward.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote: July 26th, 2021, 12:53 pm The first step in the divorce is now official:
Not necessarily.

SLY - I have read some who suggest that UT & OU would be willing to stay if they get a sweeter deal $$$ from the conference. After all, they are where the money comes from in negotiations. What say you?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
No chance. They are gone one way or the other. Keep in mind that both schools intend to stuff their non-conference schedules with the Little 8 fodder left behind. So they are just going through the motions. NIL has changed the landscape forever.

The only question now is if they go to the SEC, when will it be. Or do they continue to field offers from other leagues before committing. I am hearing that the Indy option is less likely by the hour.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: July 26th, 2021, 7:52 pm No chance. They are gone one way or the other. Keep in mind that both schools intend to stuff their non-conference schedules with the Little 8 fodder left behind. So they are just going through the motions. NIL has changed the landscape forever.

The only question now is if they go to the SEC, when will it be. Or do they continue to field offers from other leagues before committing. I am hearing that the Indy option is less likely by the hour.
Because being Indy is not sustainable
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
SEC should reject Michigan and Ohio State. Don't even answer the phone when they call.

Liberty might as well contact SEC requesting an invitation. Liberty would be better for SEC than some of the schools being mentioned in the media.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:24 am SEC should reject Michigan and Ohio State. Don't even answer the phone when they call.

Liberty might as well contact SEC requesting an invitation. Liberty would be better for SEC than some of the schools being mentioned in the media.
What if the SEC called Ohio State and Michigan???
By tyndal23
Here is my question. IF the end strategy is for top teams to leave NCAA and form their own football league, why not secret handshake the top 4-5 teams in each league to let their tv rights expire just like OU and Texas. Rather than continue to drag the dead weight of the bottom half of each Conference ( because near impossible to boot them out in current format) and avoid some cf the “exit” penalties. There was a window when they were all expiring in the same 2-3 year period, but SEC just extended. A 16- 24 Super League works - but 64 is just the same thing with all the same problems but outside the NCAA “guidelines”.

OU Texas
USC,UCLA,WA,OR
Ohio State,MI,PSU,WI
Bama,Auburn,TN,LSU,GA,FL
Clemson,FSU,UNC

After that it starts being a drag from a shared revenue model...( maybe I missed a handful ) I think any 64 team “Super League” should be based on a per game rev share model based on tv eyeballs and throw out the long term TV contract based on “forecast” - just each school gets x % of ad rev share from all viewership - cable or streaming per actual game they participate in. That protects the networks, and gives schools “skin” in the game with opportunity to make more $. ( also allows for more networks to compete weekly per game ( more $ potential for schools ) rather than an ESPN or Fox gamble on a long term contract and pray they don’t go bankrupt.

This notion of creating larger “super conferences” just doesn’t make much sense if you have to retain the “dead weight” regardless if under NCAA or outside of it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:24 am SEC should reject Michigan and Ohio State. Don't even answer the phone when they call.

Specifically whom?
Why should the SEC take LU over Michigan? Ohio State? What schools are you talking about and why?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 2:29 pm I'm getting ready to depart for Alabama in the morning, thus not have time to explain it in depth. Therefore I'll do it with one word:

geography
Here's another word that is relevant in this discussion:
$$$$$

Now which one do you think matters more to those pulling the strings?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 2:29 pm I'm getting ready to depart for Alabama in the morning, thus not have time to explain it in depth. Therefore I'll do it with one word:

geography
Geography - and basic counting - went out the window a long time ago.

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.