If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 9:36 pm
tyndal23 wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 7:17 pm Looks like super conferences are going to happen. Good news, LU will have a seat at the table, just a different table in that “G5” and the few Left out current P5 will create their own subdivision and move toward a playoff system of their own and the bowls will be dead. ( that’s what should happen ).
I don't think this is gonna happen. Long term I think these super conferences will start splitting in half like the WAC did. Either based on geography or success.

For example what's stopping Alabama, LSU, Texas, Florida, Georgia, auburn, Tennessee, A&M and Oklahoma splitting off from the relative dead weight in the SEC and inviting Clemson? That contract would be unrivaled and only be split 10 ways instead of 16.

"Well why would Clemson do that if they have an easy path to a championship now?" Eventually they wouldn't be able to keep up with the resources the new SEC would have. They are already throwing all of their money at football. Schools keep getting more and more greedy to "keep up with the Joneses", I could definitely see a conference try to pull this off like the MWC did back in the day.
That is next - a super league free and clear from NCAA. Trump and Vince McMahon will create it.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 9:49 pm
ATrain wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 4:55 pm Rumors are that Arkansas, Missouri, A&M, and LSU are going to block this move.

https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/ar ... 8Qfin-wxn4
But would and/or could Gov. Abbott step in and stop A&M's UT opposition? Kinda like Warner's pressure on UVA to get get Tech into the ACC.
Maybe, but no Texas governor batted an eye when A&M went to the SEC to get away from the orange primadonna in Austin. Warner and former Texas Governor Ann Richards are the only two governors that I'm aware of that have meddled in conference realignment (Gov. Richards got Baylor into the Big XII). Of course, there is also billionaire T. Boone Pickens who has an interest in ensuring Oklahoma State lands in one of the top leagues as well.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 9:50 pm Shine and meth labs are labs too.
LUOrange has WVU jokes--and they are good ones! :lol: :rofl :lol:
ballcoach15, rtb72, LUOrange liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 6:59 am
LUOrange wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 9:49 pm
ATrain wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 4:55 pm Rumors are that Arkansas, Missouri, A&M, and LSU are going to block this move.

https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/ar ... 8Qfin-wxn4
But would and/or could Gov. Abbott step in and stop A&M's UT opposition? Kinda like Warner's pressure on UVA to get get Tech into the ACC.
Maybe, but no Texas governor batted an eye when A&M went to the SEC to get away from the orange primadonna in Austin. Warner and former Texas Governor Ann Richards are the only two governors that I'm aware of that have meddled in conference realignment (Gov. Richards got Baylor into the Big XII). Of course, there is also billionaire T. Boone Pickens who has an interest in ensuring Oklahoma State lands in one of the top leagues as well.
T Booner assumed room temperature a couple of years ago.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I still think it is comical that the University of Texas still think's it is a big deal anywhere else outside of Texas. @ATrain said it right, they are primadonna's.

With that said, this is the beginning of a shake up that many have said is coming. Hopefully we have positioned ourselves well but we shall see.
Purple Haize, ATrain, flameshaw and 2 others liked this
By tyndal23
Ill flame wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 12:40 pm
thepostman wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 12:30 pm https://247sports.com/college/texas/Lon ... K0WFqSfSeT
Interesting that they are waiting it out until 2025 to make the move. I guess this buys the big 12 some time to decide where to go next. Would Colorado, Utah and/or Nebraska be interested in joining a big 12 without Texas?
No. Too much risk that Big 12 will dissolve for schools like that to even to consider it - if word gets out they risk losing their current “tentative status” or at very least severe backlash with a major risk that Big 12 isnt even around. Every current Big 12 School will be looking out for themselves no matter what they state publicly.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 12:30 pm https://247sports.com/college/texas/Lon ... K0WFqSfSeT
Interesting that they are waiting it out until 2025 to make the move. I guess this buys the big 12 some time to decide where to go next. Would Colorado, Utah and/or Nebraska be interested in joining a big 12 without Texas?
How would the Big 12 benefit Colorado and Utah to move from the PAC? Isn't that literally a latest move? Would the mileage be better geographically speaking? I see Nebraska switching with Kansas because they actually care about football, whilst Kansas does not.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
GRANT. OF. RIGHTS.
By tyndal23
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 1:05 pm
How would the Big 12 benefit Colorado and Utah to move from the PAC? Isn't that literally a latest move? Would the mileage be better geographically speaking? I see Nebraska switching with Kansas because they actually care about football, whilst Kansas does not.
Nebraska possibly IF they felt remaining members would hold strong, only because they feel they could run the conference, BUT their Academia love BIg 10 even though Athletics hate it. Utah got in to PAC 12 by skin of their teeth and aren’t about to rock the boat. CO likes PAC 12 and don’t really care about sports.
By cruzan_flame13
The Big 12 has just been hit again if Kansas leaves for the Big 10. If they want to still exist, they'll have to reach out to the top AAC schools like Cincy, UCF, Memphis and Houston (unless Baylor and TTU president has a say). This will get at least 4 slots open for American (maybe 12 if they want to get a bigger conference feel like the power conference). So will American take the option of being the true "Conference USA" and go for the likes of BSU, SDSU, CSU, or BYU? BYU is still on the P5 or bust momentum, so will likely try to flirt with the BIG 12. I don't think American Commissioner and even the remaining presidents would like too much of an extension especially travel cost. I know for sure we will be talking with them along with Marshall, App State, ODU, GSU, Louisiana, LA Tech along with the likelihood of ARK ST, JMU and Coastal as well.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If there is one thing that is certain, if Chip Brown reports it then it likely has validity. I have known and worked with going back a quarter century. He is the most connected reporter to UT over even the Statesman beat writers. He is also willing to spill the beans unlike those other locals.

I wonder if the KU situation with B1G is one-sided from Lawrence. I totally understand why they would want to jump a sinking ship. I have less understanding of why the B1G would prioritize them over more attractive options.

And yes, it will take approximately $80M in buyouts due to Grant of Rights from UT & OU to extract themselves prior to 2025 football season. That's not chump change. Thena again, the Big XII may let them out as dead weight earlier if they have the right mix of incoming options. I doubt it.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 1:07 pm
GRANT. OF. RIGHTS.
I don't think the grant of rights will hold them. There are a lot of ways they can make up the money they lose in buyouts, especially if they're going to the SEC. I can't see them playing for four years in a league that they've essentially told to kiss their you-know-whats.

Reports are circulating now that my alma mater and a couple of other schools are calling up the Pac-12 to see if there's any interest. I think the Big 12 is history, and it will be gone before 2025.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 1:08 pm Colorado, Utah and Nebraska need to stay where they're at. Big 12 needs to develop an "easterly footprint" , if you know what I mean.
Do you know what you mean? Seriously spell it out. State your position Back it up.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
For the Big XII to retain some modicum of relevance they need to kiss and make up with Nebraska. Invite BYU. And see if Missouri wants to be more relevant or just a continued also ran. If they can woo those two former members and add BYU then they will be ok. Not great but ok.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
As the American conference, you add: FSU; Army, Liberty, and BYU from the Independents; and Air Force from the MW. While this seems like a 16 conference of misfits, you can pitch it as ”The American Conference”, brought to you from the purchase of the freedom to watch by the dedicated service of the many. With Army and Liberty playing some good football lately, this might pose a different spotlight than greedy-as-sin businessmen. But will it match SEC funds? Not even close.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tomaha ... -moving-tv

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.