If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rtb72
stokesjokes wrote: September 28th, 2021, 4:19 pm I wish we could sit on the berm
So do my kids. They have always wanted to hand out on the berm since it was built. I guess they have resolved it is to steep to be safe. Also, not sure how many kids would be "sitting" if they did allow it.
LUOrange liked this
By Ill flame
It amazes me that they don't allow sitting there. It seems like the perfect spot for GA tickets. I'm curious if there's a way to make it less steep
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
In the old days we could, and IIRC the original plan was for it to be allowed. It would be great for the kids. The baseball stadium has a playground, it would be nice for the football stadium to have something.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: September 28th, 2021, 4:59 pm It amazes me that they don't allow sitting there. It seems like the perfect spot for GA tickets. I'm curious if there's a way to make it less steep
Don't know if the architect or the contractor is to blame, but one way or another, the end result is deemed too steep to be used safely.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
My guess is the slope was built at the proper angle for adding seats later. After it was finished they realized it was to steep for anything else.
By Ill flame
Redbonebandit wrote: September 28th, 2021, 8:52 pm G5 expansion in gifs, pretty funny stuff LU with a mention. The GIF reference to Judy refers to the CUSA commissioner Judy MacLeod, who is widely recognized as the most incompetent person in sports.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-930771.html
That was pretty good. The Liberty one was spot on
Redbonebandit liked this
By Ill flame
I never would have thought before all this began the AAC would go after those 2 schools even though they are both towards the top of g5 in revenue.

Considering the direction aac is heading in, it makes sense to go to no fewer than 12 teams although I actually think them going to 16 teams could be the move that provides the most stability long term. Just adding 2 schools from Colorado will only alienate the east coast teams more (especially temple). At least with a conference like this example below, everyone would have multiple schools relatively close and all the schools have a clear desire to move up the cfb ladder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By BlueBlood
I’ll be a little disappointed if the CO schools move. I’ve always liked the MW conference vibe. The AAC seems awkward and disjointed by comparison. Personally, I don’t think there is a big enough competitive difference to make the move.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I've read several articles/opinion peices by alumni or doners @ AF CSU and FIU that want no part of a conference spread out from coast to coast (AAC).
By Ill flame
Well it is the AMERICAN athletic conference so its only fitting that the conference spans coast to coast. We are seeing modern manifest destiny at work.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
While it looks like the AAC wants AF and CSU, there are 2 sides to the coin. I'm not sure either of them will want to take on those travel expenses for non-revenue sports.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: September 30th, 2021, 7:21 am While it looks like the AAC wants AF and CSU, there are 2 sides to the coin. I'm not sure either of them will want to take on those travel expenses for non-revenue sports.
After reading this add UAB to admin reluctant to join AAC. Sounds like they're angling for the sun belt.

https://www.al.com/sports/2021/09/hugh- ... r-uab.html
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It takes a plane ride everywhere but the front range schools for AFA & CSU. That means outside of Wyoming & Colorado that everywhere else is the cost of a flight. So that is not a huge obstacle to overcome. AFA wants Texas access and CSU wants to be where AFA goes. And Texas is fertile recruiting ground for not only prospects but also students.
By LUOrange
Air Force brings a lot of prestige to the AAC, especially when coupled with Navy. I wonder if Air Force and Navy in the AAC tempts Army to consider joining football only. I know Army likes being indy, but they've also said they'd consider being in the same conference with Navy and Air Force.

Air Force, CSU, UAB and possibly UNCC appear to be the front runners for the AAC. However, I've read that there's some internal push back at Air Force and budget issues at UAB for the AAC. Although McMurphy has said Air Force and CSU will announce their AAC move next week. Also I'm seeing us and JMU get mentioned a lot on CNSBBS and Twitters as going to the Sun Belt or a watered down CUSA. It'll be very interesting to see how things play out, especially for us. But I'm wondering if it's in our best interests to see what happens with B12 Part Duex first before committing to one place or another.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 30th, 2021, 10:17 am It takes a plane ride everywhere but the front range schools for AFA & CSU. That means outside of Wyoming & Colorado that everywhere else is the cost of a flight. So that is not a huge obstacle to overcome. AFA wants Texas access and CSU wants to be where AFA goes. And Texas is fertile recruiting ground for not only prospects but also students.
The MWC, CUSA and Sun Belt need to set down and and work out something, become more regionalized.

Only schools that can for the foreseeable future afford long distance traveling be considered by the AAC.

As far as MWC, CUSA, SB. Sun Belt is in the cat birds seat if you ask me.

AAC seems to be set on CSU and AF plus maybe 2 more.

Army and Liberty would be nice :lol:
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I’m shocked the Staff is picking up these ta[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]