If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Did any of you guys even look at the link? Those streaming numbers had nothing to do with retransmission of broadcasters. 1/3 of all TV viewership now comes from non-linear channels (Netflix, Prime, Apple+, etc). YouTube TV and Hulu+ are now considered cable. The world is changing rapidly around us.

Click Link Here

I can tell you as someone who has worked with streamers in this space for nearly a decade after two decades in broadcasting, this is a remarkable shift in viewership in just a couple of years. This is just one area of life that the pandemic has forever altered.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yes. I looked. I’m not seeing a practical difference in watching a game on FS1 via Comcast, DirecTv, YouTubeTV or Sling
By Ill flame
Sly Fox wrote: July 25th, 2022, 7:53 am Did any of you guys even look at the link? Those streaming numbers had nothing to do with retransmission of broadcasters. 1/3 of all TV viewership now comes from non-linear channels (Netflix, Prime, Apple+, etc). YouTube TV and Hulu+ are now considered cable. The world is changing rapidly around us.

Click Link Here

I can tell you as someone who has worked with streamers in this space for nearly a decade after two decades in broadcasting, this is a remarkable shift in viewership in just a couple of years. This is just one area of life that the pandemic has forever altered.
The giant chart at the top of the page says "Hulu including Hulu live" and "YouTube including YouTube TV" with arrows pointing to streaming. It definitely gave me the impression that they were counting those as streaming.
Purple Haize liked this
By tyndal23
This guy shaking up Twitter dropping this...interesting and never would have considered it. Have to follow him to keep up, but saying ND is pushing Big 12 to add Stanford and Cal wants in.

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: July 24th, 2022, 11:19 am No one is saying they are.
Correct, but they should. Realignment is about ONE sport. Football should be in its own conference. No other sport (none!) makes sense.
ATrain liked this
By LUOrange
The problem with realignment and CFP expansion has always been the lack of leadership from the NCAA. They either cannot or will not interefere and correct the madness (this includes NIL & the transfer portal as well).

IMO, the simplest solution would be to allow the 130 FBS programs to form separate football-only conferences and then ensuring all schools reorganize into regional-like minded all-sports conferences. Then in both cases, ensuring that each school has conference homes. Follow this up with a CFP with a 16 or 24 team playoff, where every conference champ gets an auto-bid played after the New Year, and non-playoff schools playing Bowl games prior to the New Year. Simple, which is why it'll never happen.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: July 29th, 2022, 3:40 pm Keep hearing SDSU is a want for Big 12. A combo of 3 PAC and SDSU being thrown around a lot.
SDSU, or NDSU???
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: July 29th, 2022, 6:32 pm
tyndal23 wrote: July 29th, 2022, 3:40 pm Keep hearing SDSU is a want for Big 12. A combo of 3 PAC and SDSU being thrown around a lot.
SDSU, or NDSU???
Don’t know if this is sarcasm but I’m pretty sure it’s San Diego State not South Dakota.
By tyndal23
aredd33 wrote: July 29th, 2022, 6:47 pm
ATrain wrote: July 29th, 2022, 6:32 pm
SDSU, or NDSU???
Don’t know if this is sarcasm but I’m pretty sure it’s San Diego State not South Dakota.
Judy keeps calling South Dakota State for CUSA but they aren’t returning her call...can’t imagine why.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
No team from Dakotas belongs in CUSA, nor does San Diego State belong in Big 12.

Does anyone know who the only schools to go 3-0 in bowl games the past 3 seasons are ?
By LUOrange
North and South Dakota State Universities would be great additions to CUSA. CUSA's already a plane-league and they're as far north as UTEP and NMSU are south. However, they're obviously not joining any time soon, and CUSA is smart (so far) in not adding any more FCS call-ups for now. IMO realignment will fall to the G5 and across FBS again. So who knows what will shake free.
By tyndal23
LUOrange wrote: July 30th, 2022, 4:29 pm North and South Dakota State Universities would be great additions to CUSA. CUSA's already a plane-league and they're as far north as UTEP and NMSU are south. However, they're obviously not joining any time soon, and CUSA is smart (so far) in not adding any more FCS call-ups for now. IMO realignment will fall to the G5 and across FBS again. So who knows what will shake free.
Just talking about CUSA football makes me want to puke...Go Hoops, baseball and softball I guess. Anyone spinning this move as a win monetarily or as a step up from Independence even short term is a complete Jim Jones Kool Aid drinker. This was a desperation move with albeit shifting, rapidly moving data, but complete opposite of what Ian said 2 weeks prior to “ announcement”. Biggest debacle since we turned down a FCS Playoff invite in 1988.
By Ill flame
tyndal23 wrote: August 1st, 2022, 12:07 am
Just talking about CUSA football makes me want to puke...Go Hoops, baseball and softball I guess. Anyone spinning this move as a win monetarily or as a step up from Independence even short term is a complete Jim Jones Kool Aid drinker. This was a desperation move with albeit shifting, rapidly moving data, but complete opposite of what Ian said 2 weeks prior to “ announcement”. Biggest debacle since we turned down a FCS Playoff invite in 1988.
We jumped off a sinking ship and now we are just clinging on to a life raft until something better comes along. It's not sexy but it was the right decision at the time. Whether we will look back on it at as the right decision 20 years from now remains to be seen. I'm not really sure how you see yearly trips to the cure bowl and beating up on Central Arkansas in the other sports as any better. Recruits (and fans) want to play for conference championships.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: August 1st, 2022, 12:07 am
LUOrange wrote: July 30th, 2022, 4:29 pm North and South Dakota State Universities would be great additions to CUSA. CUSA's already a plane-league and they're as far north as UTEP and NMSU are south. However, they're obviously not joining any time soon, and CUSA is smart (so far) in not adding any more FCS call-ups for now. IMO realignment will fall to the G5 and across FBS again. So who knows what will shake free.
So we will but you in the Fire Ian camp
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: August 1st, 2022, 11:36 am
TH Spangler wrote: August 1st, 2022, 11:19 am Sounds like BYU compromised parts of their honor code to join the Big 12.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/sports/ ... 381359007/
subscription only
Opens here?

Basically says the University broke from LDS church doctrine and changed the schools honor code. "BYU has a strict honor code, including bans on alcohol, caffeine, pre-marital sex and profane language. But in 2020, the university adjusted the honor code, deleting a section on homosexual behavior."
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
BYU June 2022 created a new position, vice president of belonging, and hired law professor Carl Hernandez III for the role. The BYU president said the Office of Belonging will root out prejudice of any kind, including religious belief and sexual orientation.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Before we start criticizing Ian (tyndal23) for jumping on the CUSA deal, remember how hard it is to deal with these secular universities. Lots a preasure to compromise your values. We should be thankful for CUSA ..... for now.
flameshaw liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
As far as we know, Ian only had one conference to choose from. He absolutely made the best decision possible at the time he made it. No one could for see all of the recent movement in football. Think USC and UCLA moving to the Big 10 for a starter.
ANY criticism of him deciding to join CUSA is short-sighted and misplaced.
We should thank God every day, that he is our AD. We need him a lot more than he needs us.
Cider Jim, flamehunter, rtb72 and 1 others liked this
By LUOrange
I'm not upset at the CUSA move especially since it improves all of our other sports. Football wise, I've only been critical of the non-conference scheduling, more specifically dropping most of our P5 opponents. Obviously and admittedly, I'm merely a fan and don't know all of the ins and outs. So despite my criticisms, McCaw and Friends still get the benefit of the doubt. In the end, the CUSA move and the scheduling decisions have been made and it's time to move on from being upset about them.

Right now, CUSA is appealing to me in that it truly is the rejects conference which fits us the best right now. It's still up to us and now our conference mates to prove the naysayers wrong. The underdog/reject role fits us well. Besides, if the CFP expands to 16 and CUSA gets an autobid, McCaw will look like a genius- which in the college sports world he is.
Cider Jim, Baybird liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]