If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
The most impactful change would be if the Pac-12 loses six or eight schools but survives and tries to add replacements. Then everything would be on the table.

“Conferences tend not to collapse,” one source said. “They tend to keep adding schools if they can to make themselves viable.”
Subscription article. It let me view it once.

https://theathletic.com/3403475/2022/07 ... -west-aac/
By LUOrange
It's all going to depend on who exactly is plucked from the ACC and who's left behind. I personally think old Big East schools WVU, UCONN, Temple & ECU will be at the top of the ACC's list. Memphis, and possibly USF, would also be a top prize if they're still in the AAC. I'd imagine they'd all have support from Cuse, Pitt, BC, Tech & Miami (if they're still around).

What matters most to me is where does Liberty end up? Hopefully, the weakening of the ACC takes a little longer due to their GOR so Liberty can continue winning Bowl games and making the Dance regularly while staying out of the negative news cycle so we'll be considered for a second tiered level ACC.
ATrain liked this
By Ill flame
I firmly believe that if we were added to the ACC starting in 2025 we would be able to compete in almost every sport unlike most G5s. Unfortunately that isn't what matters in conference realignment.
LUOrange liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Ill flame wrote: July 6th, 2022, 10:45 pm I firmly believe that if we were added to the ACC starting in 2025 we would be able to compete in almost every sport unlike most G5s. Unfortunately that isn't what matters in conference realignment.
Question for you.. Do you believe that streaming networking will take over tv networks/markets? How could we benefit from that? With an early head start in online education, that has helped us obtain alumni all over the globe. And yes, international do watch American sports and have better access to it through streams. We may not be in the fold now, but we should continue to tab in that with our small network.
By Ill flame
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 6th, 2022, 11:08 pm
Question for you.. Do you believe that streaming networking will take over tv networks/markets? How could we benefit from that? With an early head start in online education, that has helped us obtain alumni all over the globe. And yes, international do watch American sports and have better access to it through streams. We may not be in the fold now, but we should continue to tab in that with our small network.
I dont see that completely happening at the P5 level, probably only at the G5 level. The number of people that only have over the air channels instead of cable is growing as people cut the cord which means the importance of those networks will never go away but that applies to SEC, B1G and notre Dame far more than anyone else. Meanwhile more and more games primarily at the G5 level are being pushed to various streaming services since those execs understand that the fanbases might be smaller but they are dedicated and will pay to watch. With that in mind I'm not sure how much we benefit from streaming specifically. Liberty and its fanbase is growing in almost every tangible way but we still have a lot of growth to go before people will start ignoring our tv market like the big 12 did with BYU.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like ESPN is in talks with the ACC and Pac12 about combining the ACC & PAC networks. We have an agreement with ESPN. I wonder if ESPN could encourage our inclusion based on the quality of our LFSN coverage? Ian has said we are P5 equivalent.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Big Joey will have a genius IQ and a cognitive thought before we get invited into the ACC. I can't believe all the speculation about this nonsense.
Maybe in 20 years if HCHF sticks around, we win a NC in baseball and get a real Bored.
LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 6th, 2022, 10:05 pm Liberty should be invited to ACC before UConn, or Temple. I can't see WV getting an invite because of their fan behavior, in years past.
Ballcoach, more factors go into a conference invitation than location and "fan behavior." In fact, today both of those are probably non-factors.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Virginia to SEC makes as much sense as Sweet Briar College joining the Big 12. I have said for years the ACC is digging its own grave. For the past X number of years all the ACC was worried about, was kissing up to Notre Dame.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 7th, 2022, 1:57 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: July 6th, 2022, 10:05 pm Liberty should be invited to ACC before UConn, or Temple. I can't see WV getting an invite because of their fan behavior, in years past.
Ballcoach, more factors go into a conference invitation than location and "fan behavior." In fact, today both of those are probably non-factors.
More lies are probably told by commissioners reference conference invitations, than anything else within NCAA.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: July 7th, 2022, 3:47 pm If true might explain why UVA and UNC came off our schedule so quickly.
Finally, some critical thinking skills and a voice of reason on this thread. Study :clapping
Last edited by Cider Jim on July 7th, 2022, 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 7th, 2022, 3:56 pm
TH Spangler wrote: July 7th, 2022, 3:47 pm If true might explain why UVA and UNC came off our schedule so quickly.
Didn't They come off , long before everyone hit panic button over UCLA and USC.
I have a feeling the news is way behind what's taking place behind closed doors.
By Ill flame
TH Spangler wrote: July 7th, 2022, 2:05 pm VIRGINIA, NORTH CAROLINA, FLORIDA STATE, CLEMSON IN TALKS TO JOIN SEC.

That's what a SEC swimming website is saying.
I'm already seeing reporters saying this is false. I'm sure it has as much validity as the MWC commissioner saying he's been talking to Pac 12 schools about them joining.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sports Illustrated is not the SI of the past.

The only surprise for me is that UVa would be on the SEC wish list. They fit B1G profile much better than the SEC. But I see them working to lock up the South.

Even if the ACC is raided, the league presidents still view themselves as academic elites. So what is left of the ACC will want to add schools that fit that profile. If the SEC gives Vandy the boot they would be an obvious addition. Ditto for Northwestern. And as crazy as it sounds, if Stanford chooses to not join the arms race, there could be worse landing spots for them.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 7th, 2022, 7:16 pm
aredd33 wrote: July 7th, 2022, 6:58 pm https://www.si.com/college/fsu/football ... conference

Who knows how much of this is true but it is sports illustrated
I see FSU as more of a B1G school and would imagine UF would not want them in the SEC.
"Florida reportedly doesn’t want Miami to join, Tennessee doesn’t want UNC, and Kentucky doesn’t want Louisville."
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: July 7th, 2022, 7:26 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 7th, 2022, 7:16 pm
aredd33 wrote: July 7th, 2022, 6:58 pm https://www.si.com/college/fsu/football ... conference

Who knows how much of this is true but it is sports illustrated
I see FSU as more of a B1G school and would imagine UF would not want them in the SEC.
"Florida reportedly doesn’t want Miami to join, Tennessee doesn’t want UNC, and Kentucky doesn’t want Louisville."
And Texas A&M didn't want Texas to join, yet we see how that worked out...
TH Spangler, Ill flame liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]