If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
LUDad wrote: September 11th, 2021, 11:36 am
ballah09 wrote: September 10th, 2021, 4:26 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: September 10th, 2021, 1:15 pm

College football is not the same like it was decades ago. Taking risks is not into the DNA of many programs. Comfort and ego has become the trend and it's evident by school's fans. As for LU, there's not much we can do but to be patient and take what we can get. Of course we will not get a call unless it's from a desperate commissioner. People always say we are in this issue because of toxic Jr. when in reality it's way deeper in that. Believing in the Bible instead of the religion of scientism will always make it a challenge to get a high interest from anyone. We definitely know it has nothing to do with money.
Actually we won’t get past the presidents due to our poor quality online education and how we make our money off it. That’s why along with Jr were rejected by the sunbelt and cusa it had nothing to do with our religion.

Even though Jr is gone, how we run our online programs will hold us back not our beliefs. No presidents want to be associated with that. We’re viewed as a diploma mill in their eyes.
Actually, LU online was simply ahead their time. Everyone else is now playing catchup, especially is this era of Covid.
I would like an in depth explanation of what defines poor quality in online education and how the other "prestigious" schools have better quality for that matter. I would like to know how LU is getting away with this ponzi "diploma mill" scheme for so long that the government has still not figured it out to bust the case! Along with that, thousands of people are getting jobs or getting credits to attend colleges that the presidents [at those schools] "claim" to not want anything to do with LU. Is that reason more believed among people who had watched Bill Maher propaganda hit piece and took it to heart? Or is it that those same people (among online forums) and these presidents at these school hypocrites and fools in this case? I wonder how much Liberty is giving the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges/Department of Education under the table? :lol:

Now could Liberty makes some improvements and updates for online and residential courses? Sure. I hope these presidents who look down on LU should realize that their achools are not officially in the clear academically speaking even though they may pretend to be so along with their peers and of course media. Still baffels me that people take a lot of media seriously especially those talk show host and their "sources."
rmiller1959, Rubicon, Kricket and 1 others liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Kricket wrote: September 11th, 2021, 2:34 pm https://csnbbs.com/thread-929061-page-28.html

The Sun Belt fans in this thread crack me up. They're acting like they're the new SEC and they can poach any school they want from C-USA and even the AAC.

I say we try to get an invite from the Sun Belt and have it leak so we can publicly reject them. Is that too spiteful?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Congrats, Rubicon! I sincerely hope our schools continue to schedule each other for years to come.

I kept telling everyone here that the No Sundays issue was basically a non-factor but I was a voice in the wilderness.

Aresco's comments about cultural fit seemed to be a shot across our bow. I was disappointed in that reference. But that doesn't mean that when league official start making site visits that their opinions can't change. I just wish we had a legitimate president to be lobbying on our behalf. Not an underqualified part-time Alaskan riding a payday through his retirement. Wait .. oh yeah, AAC possibilities.
By cruzan_flame13
Sly Fox wrote: September 11th, 2021, 3:27 pm Congrats, Rubicon! I sincerely hope our schools continue to schedule each other for years to come.

I kept telling everyone here that the No Sundays issue was basically a non-factor but I was a voice in the wilderness.

Aresco's comments about cultural fit seemed to be a shot across our bow. I was disappointed in that reference. But that doesn't mean that when league official start making site visits that their opinions can't change. I just wish we had a legitimate president to be lobbying on our behalf. Not an underqualified part-time Alaskan riding a payday through his retirement. Wait .. oh yeah, AAC possibilities.
We do need president with a paper from the "legitimate" big boys club schools in order to get some crumbs from the college table.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
AAC made it pretty clear, Christian conservative schools need not apply :lol:

""Aresco said the AAC would likely look for members in all sports, not just football, but that's also a possibility.

"Ultimately we want to be stronger than we were," he said. "We think there are schools interested in us who would help us do that.

"We just would like to find schools that think alike, have that DNA of achievement, have a cultural fit, academic as well as social, cultural fit," he added. "Geography does matter to some degree, but it matters less and less because the travel is a lot better than it once was."
By cruzan_flame13
TH Spangler wrote: September 11th, 2021, 5:34 pm AAC made it pretty clear, Christian conservative schools need not apply :lol:

""Aresco said the AAC would likely look for members in all sports, not just football, but that's also a possibility.

"Ultimately we want to be stronger than we were," he said. "We think there are schools interested in us who would help us do that.

"We just would like to find schools that think alike, have that DNA of achievement, have a cultural fit, academic as well as social, cultural fit," he added. "Geography does matter to some degree, but it matters less and less because the travel is a lot better than it once was."
Yes we are not included in this haha. We better not give in to get some acceptance from institution who low key prolong eugenics academia while flash bright motos of commitment, building a better future and togetherness. I'm totally fine with being an outsider to the others and growing independently. As believers in a place that's not our home, we should be used to this :D
Kricket, TH Spangler, Ill flame and 2 others liked this
By Rubicon
TH Spangler wrote: September 11th, 2021, 6:47 pm Big 12 seems to be more open to privates. Add SMU and Liberty.
This isn't a crazy thought. The trick is to strike while the iron is hot, and time the right wave to ride. Timing is everything. Utah and Cincinnati both did really well at just the right times (Boise St., too, although they are down somewhat of late) to ride waves. If Liberty were to end ranked this year, with Malik being a touted draft pick, and this led to future recruiting success and perennial rankings, it would make your head swim how Liberty would suddenly be "their sort of people."

Aside from super liberal university administrations (and professors), there are many evangelical Christians in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Iowa. Liberty actually fits in quite well "culturally" with that geographical area. The AAC slants away from that, but the supposed "DNA" differences would magically vanish if Liberty peaked as a prime candidate at the right time.
By Rubicon
Sly Fox wrote: September 11th, 2021, 3:27 pm Congrats, Rubicon! I sincerely hope our schools continue to schedule each other for years to come.
I would love that. I think that it will be difficult.

I really hope that Freeze stays there for a long time. I would love to see heads explode at Liberty having sustained athletic success. There are a lot of unhappy people when BYU does well as well, and I think the Venn diagram of both sets of people is close to one circle. :)
Sly Fox, Ill flame, Kricket and 2 others liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Rubicon wrote: September 11th, 2021, 8:48 pm
I would love that. I think that it will be difficult.

I really hope that Freeze stays there for a long time. I would love to see heads explode at Liberty having sustained athletic success. There are a lot of unhappy people when BYU does well as well, and I think the Venn diagram of both sets of people is close to one circle. :)
I'm totally with you on this. I root for BYU for that same reason.

Also, congrats on the win last night! It's a good time to be a Cougar.
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
It was mentioned above by Rubicon, about striking while the iron it hot. Each win feels even more important than usual due to all the realignment going on. With the AAC looking to add schools, we can't really afford a bad loss right now as it will just add fuel to the number of reasons we shouldn't be considered for an addition to a conference.

Winning and growing the fan base is what matters. Keep it up and it'll all work out.
Sly Fox, cruzan_flame13 liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Kricket wrote: September 12th, 2021, 8:13 am congrats on the win last night!
I stayed up to watch. I picked Utah in a "pick-em" poll, but only because BYU hasn't been able to get over the hurdle. I ranked it low (confidence points) because I thought they might just do it. It paid off in the end... but not as much if I would have chosen BYU in the first place. I almost did!
Kricket liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
20-24 teams are too many. Truth be known, when in any conference , all members cannot play every team in conference, it's too big. Creates unbalanced schedules.
By Ill flame
As an Illinois fan also I enjoy the big ten west and I really don't care if we play the teams from the east in football. Obviously the other sports are a different story. With that in mind I think we are headed to an era where teams may only play within their division with something like the "champions week" that the big ten did last year at the end of the conference season. I'm sure other fans of teams in big conferences feel the same way.
By Ill flame

Let's say this is the hypothetical new divisions and standings once the SEC expands. You can have the first 7 conference games be exclusively division games. The 8th game will be champions week (or however the SEC wants to brand it). Each team will play their equal across from them in the standings unless it is a rematch from the previous season.

The exception will be the top 2 teams in each division. The #1 in the east will play at home against the #2 in the west and vice versa in what is essentially a semi final. The winner of each game will play in the conference championship game the next week. This will avoid situations where one division has 2 elite teams and the other doesn't and should make for more competitive championship games. Thoughts?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Too many good teams in SEC. There will be 2,3,4 maybe even 5 teams from SEC, who are better than conference champions from other conferences. Come playoff time, SEC will get shafted.
LUOrange liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
mtmedlin Wrote:
I am hearing that we are exploring the usuals. (Army and MWC teams) Heard an interesting piece… Army, Boise and CSU would add enough value to nearly balance the losses.

Until we get a 100% no from them, nobody will else will be contacted but a list is being chatted about… Names I am hearing -Marshall, Liberty, UAB and Rice. I don’t think that’s anything official. Just our alumni talking to other schools but that’s the names their hearing.

Not in love with that at all, but it is what it is.
https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-928355-page-92.html

This seems fairly speculative, but I've been reading that the AAC is focused out west to start from multiple people on multiple boards. If they can't convince 2 or 3 schools the westward expansion loses its plausibility (BSU, CSU, Army). Not sure there are any credible sources but it's at least smoke.

I have a hard time believing these westward schools would take a shot on an already raided AAC, considering the cost and time to travel to AAC schools, but that's just me trying to think of it from their perspective without any inside info.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 13th, 2021, 8:04 am AAC should avoid going west. They should focus on the south and southeast part of the country.
Of course. :roll:
Not just the AAC, all the conferences.
Any school outside the south and southeast should be blackballed and ultimately drop all sports.
By Ill flame
olldflame wrote: September 13th, 2021, 8:30 am
ballcoach15 wrote: September 13th, 2021, 8:04 am AAC should avoid going west. They should focus on the south and southeast part of the country.
Of course. :roll:
Not just the AAC, all the conferences.
Any school outside the south and southeast should be blackballed and ultimately drop all sports.
Except softball of course. Those schools in the south have to play someone.
By Ill flame
Kricket wrote: September 13th, 2021, 7:30 am
mtmedlin Wrote:
I am hearing that we are exploring the usuals. (Army and MWC teams) Heard an interesting piece… Army, Boise and CSU would add enough value to nearly balance the losses.

Until we get a 100% no from them, nobody will else will be contacted but a list is being chatted about… Names I am hearing -Marshall, Liberty, UAB and Rice. I don’t think that’s anything official. Just our alumni talking to other schools but that’s the names their hearing.

Not in love with that at all, but it is what it is.
https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-928355-page-92.html

This seems fairly speculative, but I've been reading that the AAC is focused out west to start from multiple people on multiple boards. If they can't convince 2 or 3 schools the westward expansion loses its plausibility (BSU, CSU, Army). Not sure there are any credible sources but it's at least smoke.

I have a hard time believing these westward schools would take a shot on an already raided AAC, considering the cost and time to travel to AAC schools, but that's just me trying to think of it from their perspective without any inside info.
I think the only way the AAC sense with an even bigger footprint is if they go to a 16-24 team conference and have 3-4 divisions. I'm starting to hope the rumors are true that the big 12 wants to keep expanding. That would effectively kill off the AAC.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Why would any MWC see an upsdie to joining the AAC? seriously. If anything I believe there is a better chance of a western AAC team bolting to the stronger MWC.

There are a zillion rumors out there right now. But they are simply rumors. The AAC should be announcing some expansion in the next couple of weeks or it indicates that their plans have fallen through. Then these crazy reorganizations start coming to fruition.

What I can tell you is that the CUSA is off the tables from our standpoint. If we don't score an AAC invitation I could see us possibly listening to the Belt under certain circumstances. Yeah I remember the last go round. I am just being pragmatic if it emerges as the strongest league in Central & Eastern time zones. Do I see that as likely? No. But it is a consideration.
By tyndal23
Sly Fox wrote: September 13th, 2021, 11:21 am Why would any MWC see an upsdie to joining the AAC? seriously. If anything I believe there is a better chance of a western AAC team bolting to the stronger MWC.

There are a zillion rumors out there right now. But they are simply rumors. The AAC should be announcing some expansion in the next couple of weeks or it indicates that their plans have fallen through. Then these crazy reorganizations start coming to fruition.

What I can tell you is that the CUSA is off the tables from our standpoint. If we don't score an AAC invitation I could see us possibly listening to the Belt under certain circumstances. Yeah I remember the last go round. I am just being pragmatic if it emerges as the strongest league in Central & Eastern time zones. Do I see that as likely? No. But it is a consideration.
Lot of buzz “rumors” on message boards of Marshall, JMU, ODU to Sunbelt.
Volleyball Coach

Pinder is down in Wilmington, NC. Owns a couple of[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

https://www.liberty.edu/news/2024/04/26/liberty-un[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Going to play for old HCHF OL coach Klenakis and J[…]

Virginia Tech

The football team and basketball teams would like […]