If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 25th, 2021, 5:43 am
ballcoach15 wrote: July 24th, 2021, 9:13 pm BC, Pittsburgh nor Syracuse belongs in ACC. Same for UConn. These schools are too far north.
Does Ballcoach think that the "Atlantic Coast" stops at the Mason-Dixon line? Somebody needs to buy him at atlas. :fineprint
I'd buy him one, but not convinced he'd know how to use it.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I absolutely agree it’s snob factor most of all re: ACC + WVU.

WVU does travel well. And viewership is better than other schools it’s size and media market. Call me skeptical, but we’ve been down this road before. And WVU doesn’t increase the per team revenue share. The only way they go to ACC is if B1G and SEC go big, and ACC feels like it has to do the same to keep up. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be happy with any of those three super conferences. I just don’t want my hopes up. Been there, done that.
Purple Haize liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 25th, 2021, 3:39 pm
TH Spangler wrote: July 25th, 2021, 3:11 pm Rumor is ODU has contacted the AAC.

And USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Colorado are in play for the B1G and Stanford and Cal are listening.
Where did you get this rumor?
I checked with my source and he corrected it.

"The Virginian-Pilot reported that Old Dominion officials say they haven’t contacted the AAC. Meanwhile the Huntington Herald-Dispatch reported that Marshall AD Mike Hamrick said any real conversation about the Thundering Herd moving to the AAC would be “pure speculation.”
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: July 25th, 2021, 4:29 pm :lol: Someone let me know when its over :lol:

While I can see the ACC wanting to cut out some schools, they're not going to get rid of Georgia Tech or Wake Forest. Syracuse and BC...well, crazier things have happened. I can see Kansas going to the B1G, but the B1G won't let Iowa State in the club. I can see the ACC offering Notre Dame a football invite, and if the ACC wanted to get to 20, inviting UCF, Baylor, Temple, and yes...WVU
By cruzan_flame13
Things may become difficult for LU and other independents when these mega-conferences come into fruition. Although I don't like CUSA, it seems like it would be a safer option financially speaking.
By cruzan_flame13
TH Spangler wrote: July 25th, 2021, 4:29 pm :lol: Someone let me know when its over :lol:

He is very confident that ACC wants WVU. I hope he's right or that's going to be a bit awkward for him for awhile in post realignment vids. I wanted to bring up something important that may have been mentioned in the thread "Freeze would like to join a conference." I mentioned that the AAC would be a great place for Freeze (Even McKay) to grow the program to heights that many cannot imagine. If Freeze really meant what he said in an interview about "staying as long as he is wanted" then he can create a bigger spark for the program while playing among those left in the AAC. Let's say the ACC remove the bottom feeders of the conference, that'll leave Wake Forest, GT, SU, BC and Pitt without a home (although GT, BC and Wake may stay based on academic funding). This is just for fun, so I'll create a scenario for the future AAC if those school joins the conference.

East: BC, SU, Temple, Pitt, LU ( 8) ), ECU, SFU, GT
West: SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, Marshall, App State, Louisiana, Boise State (if PAC doesn't take them), UNLV/SDSU/USU

This is not a bad conference!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Baylor is not wanted by anyone. Along with K-State, they are destined to be left behind possibly along with Iowa State. The remaining schools would then have the pick of the litter from the G5s.

Kansas is a potential add to both B1G & Pac-12. Okie State, Texas Tech & TCU are the most likely others who could head west.
By tyndal23
Sly Fox wrote: July 25th, 2021, 10:43 pm Baylor is not wanted by anyone. Along with K-State, they are destined to be left behind possibly along with Iowa State. The remaining schools would then have the pick of the litter from the G5s.

Kansas is a potential add to both B1G & Pac-12. Okie State, Texas Tech & TCU are the most likely others who could head west.
Agreed. But desperation to get 16 teams and time zone may sway PAC 12 for all 3 Texas teams - still a better “look”for them than than adding G5 teams but not necessarily true. . As for UCF - leagues are crazy for passing on them - ACC especially. They bring way more to the table than WVU - TV,location, recruiting ( not knocking WVU just calling it the way it is. ). Clinging to P5/G5 mentality is dumb if everyone is looking “forward”. Similarly, SDSU brings more to the future for PAC 12 but will get left out based on Old G5 mentality. Cinci is a too 4 team in every league but SEC. Will be interesting to see if CFP stays in tact with the 12 team playoff or if by the time the mega realignment happens they leave NCAA all together. If not, One thing people aren’t pointing out is if it stays at top 6 conferences get a bye, IF P5 contracts to P4, then there are 2 G5 auto berths.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Truth be known, most conferences are getting too big. When you have so many schools that all teams cannot play every other team, it creates an unbalanced schedule. Even the ASUN will experience this now that there are 12 teams.
20 teams in one conference is far too many, no matter who they are.
LU 57, JK37, ATrain liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
On that we agree, BC. When we reach the end of the season and cannot say definitely who the best team is because not everyone played everyone, I believe that’s a problem.

Part of the issue is some major conferences have membership that doesn’t belong. A better word for realignment would be EXPANSION. Everyone talks about adding teams, but some should be dropped. That said, I’m a realist, and getting rid of members is incredibly hard. And it should be.

I’m not talking geographically - at least not directly. But a group of schools whose values are different is a recipe for disaster (think Big East). If we blew the whole thing up and started over, Vanderbilt would NEVER be in the SEC. But once you’re in, it’s awfully hard to get rid of you.
ballcoach15, ATrain liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
With each passing day, the weak leadership of the NCAA becomes more exposed. Or maybe I should say non-leadership. Basically all the NCAA cares about is basketball.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach: "NCAA is a dumpster fire with weak leadership."

Also ballcoach: "I expect NCAA to fix everything I don't like about college sports".
Last edited by olldflame on July 26th, 2021, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
JK37 liked this

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]