If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Think this means the Camels fill one of our remaining spots on the 2017 slate?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I would imagine
So the Camels have a toe in the tent....
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Two things:

1) This was written in April
2) EMU just ended their regular season this year with the most wins since I believe...wait for it...1989.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jour ... nment.aspx
Makes too much sense. Would never happen. You have too many 'We are Sun Belt/CUSA till we die' peeps
Whatever form realignment might take, ADs clearly are already thinking about some of these alternative models.

Ultimately, Arkansas State’s Mohajir predicted, schools at this level will have to go back to the old financial model, where ticket sales and donations drive the majority of revenue, not TV.

“If you can’t generate revenue from TV, you’ve got to do it through ticket sales and donations,” Mohajir said. “And with few exceptions, the greatest rivalries are regionally based.

“Common sense has to prevail.”
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jour ... nment.aspx
Makes too much sense. Would never happen. You have too many 'We are Sun Belt/CUSA till we die' peeps
Whatever form realignment might take, ADs clearly are already thinking about some of these alternative models.

Ultimately, Arkansas State’s Mohajir predicted, schools at this level will have to go back to the old financial model, where ticket sales and donations drive the majority of revenue, not TV.

“If you can’t generate revenue from TV, you’ve got to do it through ticket sales and donations,” Mohajir said. “And with few exceptions, the greatest rivalries are regionally based.

“Common sense has to prevail.”
When has common sense EVER prevailed in College Athletics?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Soooo...the state of the commonwealth report mentions us likely going independent for a period of time.

Discuss amongst yourselves.
At this point who gives a .......
It's Jerry 's school. He can do what he wants. Just another 'interesting' decision
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Would cost the school a lot of money. I guess that's why SOME salary's remain low...
FIFY
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I threw that idea out there with the removal of Barber. I definitely think it's going to happen just the matter of when. Timing of McCaw hire, Jrs comments and the Big South expansion that's under way...
Last edited by ballah09 on December 6th, 2016, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Well, according to that report, the average LU professor makes $110k. Seems accurate, right? Maybe CiderJim will chime in here.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Averages are a funny thing. It does say "full professor" though. How many of those do we actually employ?
They are probably taking into account benefits and employer taxes as well. That always makes it look better.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Soooo...the state of the commonwealth report mentions us likely going independent for a period of time.

Discuss amongst yourselves.
Might as well, we don't make the playoffs anyway.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:Averages are a funny thing. It does say "full professor" though. How many of those do we actually employ?
They are probably taking into account benefits and employer taxes as well. That always makes it look better.
Wouldn't that be the case for Jerry, Jr. too? ;)

I all about salaries being higher - it's the next logical step, but any slight shift means tens of millions of dollars and has to be phased in and planned.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Wouldn't that be the case for Jerry, Jr. too? ;)

I all about salaries being higher - it's the next logical step, but any slight shift means tens of millions of dollars and has to be phased in and planned.
I would think. Never said it didnt
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I don't get why it matters at all?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:I don't get why it matters at all?
Because when it comes to LU being FBS....

[youtube]Tj75Arhq5ho[/youtube]
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]