If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
Class of 20Something wrote:As NCAA stands today, with 6 FBS independents(Listed Below for Convenience), the TV bubble, the growing disparity between the P5+AAC and the rest of the G5 and many schools unable to pay Full Cost of Attendance, what plausible dominos could cause another major shake up?

Army Black Knights
BYU Cougars
Liberty Flames
New Mexico State Aggies
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
UMass Minutemen

I'm looking at the Big 12. Anything can happen there when you have some schools in the conference not pleased with the ending results. When I say ending results, I'm referring to no identity in the playoffs and even the NFL Draft. I know this was mentioned before, but Oklahoma does not look that pleased at all.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
OU can grumble all they want, but their options are limited at the moment. The end of the Big XII GOR is viewed as the seminal moment for any major shakeup. But economics forces could prompt change at the G5 level without P5 involvement. I'd watch FCS movement in the short term. The subdivision we are leaving is a mess and ready for some major movement.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:OU can grumble all they want, but their options are limited at the moment. The end of the Big XII GOR is viewed as the seminal moment for any major shakeup. But economics forces could prompt change at the G5 level without P5 involvement. I'd watch FCS movement in the short term. The subdivision we are leaving is a mess and ready for some major movement.
The G5 is ready for shake up as well. UAB didn't happen in a vacuum
ballah09 wrote:Maybe this is old news but when did the ASUN open an office up in Lynchburg? :dontgetit Just saw them post a job for it.
Are they the ones on Forest Road near Aylors? If so they've been there a while.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballah09 wrote:Maybe this is old news but when did the ASUN open an office up in Lynchburg? :dontgetit Just saw them post a job for it.
If you are talking about the one that shares an office with State Farm that's the ODAC Pretty sure LU wouldn't be invited into the ODAC
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I don't think they ever had an office here which is strange considering it's not centrally located to it's members and it's no where close to any of them too.
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
If you are talking about the one that shares an office with State Farm that's the ODAC Pretty sure LU wouldn't be invited into the ODAC
Oh you're right.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Let me intro by saying the chances of this ever happening are 1/1,000,000,000,000,000, however we are all allowed to dream.

Dream Conferences & CFP Scenario

Major 3 & Minor 3 Conferences
Each Major 3 division plays:
Everyone in own division
One opponent from each other division in Conference
One cross division rival
One game against Minor 3/FCS schools
*Total of 11 Games (less than current 12)

Playoffs:
Every Major 3 conference has a 4 team playoff the first two Saturdays of December with winners of each division playing one another.
Bowl selections for others are still able to be made following the final week of the regular season.
The major bowls and CFP work in the following way:
Four CFP games take place on New Year's Day, while two (either Cotton, Fiesta, or Peach) rotate to take place on New Year's Eve as regular bowl games. Orange ( BIG Champ vs SEC Runner-up)
Rose (PAC Champ vs BIG Runner-up)
Sugar (SEC Champ vs PAC Runner-up)
Cotton, Fiesta, Peach
CFP = Top Two Minor 3 Champs
Dec. 31 Bowls = Remaining Minor & Top 3 Playoff Losers

Bowls
December 20-30
30 Bowl Limit
3 Nationally Televised Games Each Day
Two New Year's Eve Games
8 Team Playoff Start January 1

SEC
North
Liberty
Virginia
Virginia Tech
North Carolina
Duke
Louisville
Kentucky
East
Clemson
South Carolina
Georgia
Georgia Southern
Georgia Tech
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
South
Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Florida State
Miami
LSU
Tulane
West
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Arkansas
Arkansas State
Missouri
Texas A&M
TCU

Big 10
North
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Northwestern
Illinois
Norte Dame
East
Connecticut
Penn State
Boston College
Pittsburg
Syracuse
Rutgers
Maryland
South
Ohio State
Purdue
Indiana
Iowa
Iowa State
West Virginia
Marshall
West
Nebraska
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Baylor

Pac 12
North
Washington
Washington State
Oregon State
Oregon
Boise State
Wyoming
Nevada
East
Colorado
Colorado State
Utah
Utah State
BYU
Houston
Rice
South
Arizona
Arizona State
Texas Tech
Texas State
New Mexico
San Diego State
UNLV
West
California
Stanford
USC
UCLA
Hawaii
Fresno State
San Jose State
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:As an independent, like ND and BYU, I can see LU over time scheduling more like a P5 than a G5.
If we do, we need a OL and DL that is better than an average FCS school. :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:As an independent, like ND and BYU, I can see LU over time scheduling more like a P5 than a G5.
If we do, we need a OL and DL that is better than an average FCS school. :shock:
LU can schedule like a P5 but can they WIN like a P5. There's a very good reason these schools are putting LU on their schedule
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Good observation Purple.

But I rather play P5 schools than no name schools. Not to mention BSC schools.
I'd rather win than go 227 minutes, 9 seconds without scoring a point.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Internet giants could kick start next round of realignment

When we look back, the next round of conference realignment may have started now -- right under our noses. What have amounted to pilgrimages to the West Coast by high-powered conference administrators visiting the corporate offices of Google, Amazon and Facebook have become the norm.

It has long been speculated that those internet giants will at least have a hand in the next round of conference alignment by bidding on media rights. It's early -- way early -- but at least preliminary discussions have begun on possible business relationships.

"Everyone in college sports has made a trip to the West Coast to talk to them and others," one TV industry source said.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ealignment
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I possess firsthand knowledge of the veracity of that speculation.
Of course you do :roll:

In other news, you love Texas (except Dallas) and water is wet.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Year National Champion

2016 Clemson
2015 Alabama
2013 FSU
2012 Alabama
2011 Alabama
2010 Auburn
2009 Alabama
2008 Florida
2007 LSU
2006 Florida

just to mention a few.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I do not like West Coast teams. Football needs to be "controlled" by southern and southeastern teams, and maybe a couple Big 12 teams.
You realize there are more sports than football? Right? Like Women’s soft? Unless you are advocating College football leave college campus and become semi pro
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
No, college football should not leave college campus, but NCAA needs to "get away" from college sports being a minor league for NFL and NBA. The majority of college players never play pro sports.
I don't like any West Coast team, in any sport, other than LA Dodgers sometime, depending on who they are playing.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]