If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

who will win the super bowl??

Pittsburgh
50%
Seattle
50%
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
finally the matchup is set. Pittsburgh vs. Seattle. both are deserving teams. i think both QB's have shown that they can deliver in the big game, and it should be a great game. the steelers keep throwing out different things from their offensive playbook, and are letting big ben show everyone what he can do and the defense is playing well. seattle is scary with shaun alexander, and hasselbeck continues to impress. maybe not a TV ratings winner, but it has the makings of an excellent game.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I just cannot grasp the fact that Hasselback is an All-Pro. Alexander, sure- but MH?

and I don't like Holmgren- never have. Looks like an irate walrus and that should be reserved for Craig Stadler.

Picking the Steelers by 10 because I've doubted them all year and they keep winning.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
for some reason i see this game as a fitting end to what has been a terrible postseason in terms of game watchability....besides the pitt/indy game it has been pretty terrible...

i'm taking the steelers by 17 right now...will change but thats what i would bet right now
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
This game is gonna suck!!!!! might as well give us Baltimore and Arizona.. I hope they both lose but give me the Hawks because I hate the Steelers just like I hate DOOK!!!!!!
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
Steelers are the team of destiny. On for the thumb. Detroit will be Pittsburgh Jr. Blowout - Steelers by 2 touchdowns.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
in case anyoen didn't know....JEROME BETTIS IS FROM DETROIT!

i'm already sick of espn
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I used to kinda pull for the Steelers when they weren't playing a game that could impact the Bengals. I now hate them and everything about them. Go Seattle.
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
Not a suprise from LUconn. I had a meeting in Cincy yesterday and my contact was very anti-Pittsburgh. She was at the playoff game (Pit vs. Cin) and commented about our fans being beligerent. I know that first hand. We call them Yinzers. Anyway, I apologize for the few idiots. That game would have been different with Carson Palmer involved. But, bounces are breaks usually follow the ultimate winner.

As far as the overhype of ESPN - what do you expect. I just wish it was one week instead of two. I dont enjoy the hype, I just want to play the game so we can finally get that one for the thumb.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Sorry to sidetrack the threa, but just the thought of some Cincinnati grub now that its lunchtime has me ravenous.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
mmm i have 4 cans of skyline chili in my pantry...i can't bring my self to eat them because then they will be gone
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thankfully we have Krogers down here and they regularly carry either Skyline, GoldStar or Cincinnati Recipe. Much as I have been introduced to my wife's regional delicacies like fideo, her family has learned to love Cincy chili. A 3-way with a couple of cheese coneys on the side and I'm in heaven.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Go Steelers...being from Western PA...have to root for the Steelers...Big Ben's gonna pull this one out.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]