If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Boston Globe wrote:Patriots' Redd trades in blue for black
Team rewards his practice performance

By Michael Vega
Globe Staff / November 29, 2008

FOXBOROUGH - The Patriots dressed warmly for yesterday's light practice, wearing sweats and shells. Before heading out the door of the locker room, reserve linebacker Vince Redd tugged his No. 49 jersey over his head, but it wasn't blue, like the ones ordinarily worn by the defense in practice.

Redd's was black.

The 6-foot-6-inch, 260-pound linebacker earned the right to don the special black jersey - a weekly honor bestowed to players who do exemplary work on the scout squad and prepare the team to win that week's game - by playing the role of Joey Porter in practice leading up to last Sunday's 48-28 romp over the Dolphins.
Click Here for Full Story
By sweetnahmah1
Registration Days Posts
sweet!
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
FOXBOROUGH -- A look at who's up and who's down from the Patriots' 33-10 loss [:banghead] to the Steelers:

Up

Kevin Faulk -- Running back leads the team in rushing (73 yards, 6 carries) and receiving (48 yards, 7 catches).

Sammy Morris -- Running back is strong on the goal-line (2-yard TD run) and finishes with an efficient 45 yards on 10 carries (4.5 avg.).

Vince Redd -- Rookie outside linebacker makes his impact felt on special teams, forcing a fumble on the opening kickoff, although the Steelers recover.

Richard Seymour -- Defensive end creates the most pressure, registering three quarterback hits and a half sack.

Mike Vrabel -- Linebacker shows solid hands with a first-quarter interception that sets up the Patriots' only touchdown of the game.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... wns_9.html
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The Patriots are now officially my favorite team, since they have REDD, MOSS, and are located so close to Walden Pond. Study
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I watched a good chunk of the second half of this game and didn't spot Vince much. But the other fill-in LBs weren't exactly getting it done. Perhaps he'll get worked more into the rotation.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:The Patriots are now officially my favorite team, since they have REDD, MOSS, and are located so close to Walden Pond. Study
There's always room for another fan...this is a good year to get your hat worn in...won't be accused as much next year of bandwagonitus...

Moss never lacks for style points in his postgame press conference that's for sure. He had a Cruella Deville number going on this past sunday...[is that something they taught at Marshall, Cider?]
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I watched a good chunk of the second half of this game and didn't spot Vince much. But the other fill-in LBs weren't exactly getting it done. Perhaps he'll get worked more into the rotation.
We need him to just lay someone out on Special teams and then he'll get his shot soon enough!
Go Vince!
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Little article about Belichick's assessment of the Patriot rookies. Only a slight mention of Vince (although not really anything positive)

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/foo ... n_rookies/
Aside from big-time contributors like Mayo, there were those who were injured (LB Shawn Crable, CB Terrence Wheatley, LB Bo Ruud), others who struggled (special teamer Matthew Slater), and a few didn’t get much action (quarterback Kevin O’Connell, LB Vince Redd).
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Good to see Vince at the VMI game last night!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Good to see Vince at the VMI game last night!
Rashad was there too.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Guess I could have put the other story in this thread, too...

from the Boston Globe after the Vrabel trade....
With Vrabel gone, the Patriots will have to find a new starter at outside linebacker opposite Adalius Thomas, who is coming off surgery for a broken right forearm. The contenders are recent returnee Tully Banta-Cain; restricted free agent Pierre Woods; Shawn Crable, who didn't play a down last season as a rookie; Vince Redd, who is entering his second season; Darrell Robertson; and Angelo Craig.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... a_stunner/
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Last time I talked to him he said things were looking good for this year. He's got a good attitude about how things are going and the future and all of that.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Kennebec Journal wrote:Patriots linebackers pass on knowledge, love of football

BY TRAVIS LAZARCZYK Staff Writer
Kennebec Journal & Morning Sentinel 06/27/2009

WATERVILLE -- New England Patriots' linebacker Vince Redd introduced himself to the campers at the Central Maine Youth Football Clinic with a simple question.

"How many of y'all know me?" Redd said.

A few, but nowhere near a majority, campers raised their hands. If the upcoming season goes as Redd hopes, even the most casual Patriots fan will recognize his name.

Redd, a second-year linebacker, joined veteran New England linebacker Eric Alexander and former Patriot defensive tackle Ray Hamilton, the current defensive line coach for the Atlanta Falcons, as instructors at the three-day football clinic, which runs through Sunday at the Alfond Youth Center fields on North Street.

An undrafted free agent out of Liberty University, Redd was signed to New England's practice squad at the end of training camp. On Nov. 22, Redd was added to the active roster and saw his first NFL action the next day against the Miami Dolphins.
Click Here for Full Story
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Great story. Thanks Sly!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
holy cow. Look at that kids shirt.
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:holy cow. Look at that kids shirt.
I was just getting ready to ask why he is wearing a full length dress...

After looking in the background, he isn't the only one. there are several other cross dressing kids at this camp as well.
By libertyFANatic123
Registration Days Posts
flamesbball84 wrote:
LUconn wrote:holy cow. Look at that kids shirt.
I was just getting ready to ask why he is wearing a full length dress...

After looking in the background, he isn't the only one. there are several other cross dressing kids at this camp as well.
lolololol
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Welcome to Flyover Country, Vince!
FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. That's[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

If Cleveland isn't in gym everyday working on addi[…]

This right here. You think most of the out[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1782[…]