If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That could be a good thing for him. He wasn't going to get much playing time with the Pats. Hopefully he can break through with KC.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
vastrightwinger wrote:Vince was waived by the Pats on Sunday, but picked up by the chiefs on Monday.
Actually, Vince waived the Pats, showed Tom Brady how to throw a real pass on his way out door and then told Kansas City he was coming to bless them with his presence.

And that was all before lunch.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Scott Pioli is a man who knows what he's doing.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
bummer. I really thought he was going to work his way onto a real roster after the 1st year.
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
That's really surprising to me as well. I thought he could be a real player, at least on special teams.
By PastorZack
Registration Days Posts
He was cut again because of a league infraction. Suspension coming, it looks like.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Wow, that's dumb. That probably seals his end in the NFL.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
http://nyj.scout.com/a.z?s=65&p=9&c=2&c ... 9684&fhn=1
OLB Vince Redd, who was waived by the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday, has been suspended by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for four games beginning with the first week of the 2009 regular season, Scout.com has confirmed through a league source. It's not known why Redd was suspended, however.

Redd can still be claimed off waivers by another team or signed by another team if he passes through waivers unclaimed. He can still participate in preseason activities (games or practices) and his suspension officially begins after teams set their final rosters on September 5.
That's too bad. I'm sure Rocco is bummed.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'm pretty bummed and I didn't nearly put the time into Vince as Coach did.
By TylerBakersGonnaBGreat
Registration Days Posts
Im not a coach and never worked for football, but Vince is a great individual and it makes me sad :( Praying for him! Make it back Vince!!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Apparently it was because he took Sudafed.

The same drug that I buy anytime I have a cold.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Apparently it was because he took Sudafed.

I have some ocean front property right behind the Vines Center, if you're interested.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:
SuperJon wrote:Apparently it was because he took Sudafed.

I have some ocean front property right behind the Vines Center, if you're interested.
Your cynacism may indeed be justified; but it is also a fact that Sudafed contains a banned substance, and athletes have been suspended/punished for using it before; especially in Olympic sports.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
yeah, he doesn't exactly strike me as a meth head.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
ephedrine = stimulant
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Kinda makes you wonder how NFL players (or athletes in general) deal with colds or sinus infections or what not if taking ephedrine gets you suspended.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Johnson City (TN) Press wrote:The Patriot Way: Former New England linebacker enjoying life back in Elizabethton
JEFF BIRCHFIELD • jbirchfield@johnsoncitypress.com

Vince Redd played just one season for the New England Patriots in the National Football League, yet he is still enthusiastic about doing things “The Patriot Way.”

Now back home in Elizabethton and working as a banker and business owner in Johnson City, the 6-foot-6 former linebacker explained “The Patriot Way” is about more than achieving success on the football field.
Click Here for Full Story
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Wow, glad he got things straightened out. He was quite a physical specimen. Would have loved to see him have his priorities right, when he did crack the NFL.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]