If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The buzz is building that VMI might be having second thoughts about joining us in the Big South. There are rumors on AGS that the SoCon is looking at VMI as a potential expansion target since the VMI administration and alumni haven't been thrilled with the decision to leave the league a couple of years back.

Then there is the buzz surrounding the Keydets being a target of the Patriot League:

Lehigh Blog Naming VMI as Candidate

There is no denying that the Keydets haven't exactly had the success most were expecting when they left the SoCon for the Big South. But is there enough dissatisfation to turn tail and go right back to the SoCon after bailing from them? Would they be willing to drop scholies in order to meet the Patriot League's grant-in-aid policy? Who knows?

I do believe that they want to stay aligned in some fashion with their traditional rivals The Citadel (SoCon) and Richmond (A-10/CAA). The last few years certainly have strengthened our relationship with those in Lexington. They can continue to schedule UR & El Cid all the want while in the Big South and still be somewhat competitive. A return to the SoCon wouldn't certainly doom the Keydets to more & more losing.

Frankly, not only does the Big South need to keep VMI but we really could use them as a partner. Let's hope they stay put as long as we remain in the Big South.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
this whole conf thing is getting wacky.

not to mention depressing. How can there be ANY rivalries left after a few years when this posturing and reallignment goes on on an annual basis?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
im sure the keydet alumni are missing the SoCon, but they have won more games since they joined the big south than in quite some time in the SoCon. we need them as a partner, and as long as they continue to play richmond, W&M, and the citadel, then i would hope they woudl remain in the big south. it is really in their best interest to stay.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
Seems like a lot of dominoes may be starting to shake with all of the NCAA stuff about divisions, the CAA stuff and the rumors of Big South members possibly bolting. Though it has been discussed at length in other threads and most think it is a pipe dream...it would be great to get in the CAA, especially in light of some of the speculation on that AGS message board you highlighted...seems like the circumstances are shaking out for a move of some sort by these schools, and it looks like it may be coming to a point where LU's hand is forced to make a proactive decision on what they are going to do. (Hopefully it will be a proactive decision and not a reactive catch up decision.) Guess we'll see in the coming years...
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm willing to bet Coach Rocco has some pretty strong feelings on where he'd like the program to be in a few years. I'd be surprised if he was ever able to come right out and say anything publicly though, thats not the sort of thing coaches like or allowed to get into.

Now as for the AD; it would sure be interesting to hear HIS thoughts on potential conf affiliations and how we're working toward Bowl Conf admittance (or whatever "they" will be calling 1A from now on).
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Does the Big South have an exit fee? I thought since the conference craziness of 2 years ago all of the larger guys put a huge fee on leaving as to discourage it. If we didn't also, that was stupid.
Field Hockey

We lost an assistant coach. Gotcha. I clearly[…]

LSU

We won 2 last season at UCLA, should have won a 3r[…]

NMSU

I do not see the European players to be as fast as[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Yeah Reese Smith I think? There was another guy wh[…]