If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It'll only be revolutionary if they win a championship. If they somehow pull that off then all bets are off.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 11th, 2020, 12:17 pm Both rotate off the bench. But if you want to argue that a 6' 7" 3&D guy disqualies a squad from having small ball status then so be it.

What the Rockets are doing right now is potentially revolutionary in much the same way the Warriors changed the game under Kerr. It may fail but it is a fascinating experiment that is working out rather well in the Bubble. Watching PJ guard Porzingas is hilarious. Did I mention that PJ is my favorite player?
RoCo has started all but one game he has played in Houston. Danuel House has started 52 of 63 games this season. Sounds like fairly regular starters to me.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The first ever NBA play-in series starts today between Portland and Memphis. Portland wins, they are in. Memphis, since they are the 9th seed, has to win twice.

Portland has been very good in the bubble and Lillard has been unreal. A 1st round match up between Portland and the Lakers should be fun.

As for the rest of the playoffs, they should be fun. With there being no real home court advantage, things could be wild.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The whole Mavs team is fun to watch when they're clicking.

The Clippers are good but the gushing about them prior to the game was over the top. There isn't clear cut favorite which should make the playoffs a ton of fun.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Mavs got robbed last night. The idea that pumping your fist when you disagree with a call is an automatic technical is absurd. I understand that some of these rules are meant to take away subjectivity from the refs, but there are times when they should be able to exercise discretion.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I don't get calling techs on showing some emotion. The 2nd tech was probably warranted but if I was a Mavs fan i would be livid.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
They called the 1st tech on Porzingis because of the tech they called earlier on the Clippers earlier in the game. Both of those shouldn't of been called. The 2nd tech may have been warranted but you have to just swallow your whistle a bit in playoffs games. It really put a damper on the rest of the game.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Having Eric Gordon back really gave the offense a shot in the arm. And OKC's defense was atrocious. I still consider EG to be part of the LU family considering his dad and brother both played for us.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 6:50 pm Luka just scored 43 points on 58% shooting, had 17 rebounds, and 13 assists all on a bum ankle.

He’s 21 years old.
Not bad for a "B**ch A** White boy"
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Lol. Yeah. Not bad. Also, that is pretty tame trash talk compared to most on an NBA court. Luka thought nothing of it and was surprised Harrell called to apologize.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 7:27 pm Lol. Yeah. Not bad. Also, that is pretty tame trash talk compared to most on an NBA court. Luka thought nothing of it and was surprised Harrell called to apologize.
Harrell apologized because the league office got mobbed on twitter.
By Jonathan Carone
Seth going at Paul George because Paul George has previously dated Seth’s wife and cheated on her with a stripper who he impregnated is peak NBA drama and I love it.

And to make the drama better - PG’s coach is the dad of Seth’s wife who PG cheated on.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 7:40 pm
thepostman wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 7:27 pm Lol. Yeah. Not bad. Also, that is pretty tame trash talk compared to most on an NBA court. Luka thought nothing of it and was surprised Harrell called to apologize.
Harrell apologized because the league office got mobbed on twitter.
True. I should've re-worded that to "Luka was surprised Harrell had to call him to apologize".

So silly. Again. It was nothing compared to a lot of the stuff that gets said. I laughed when I heard it and then remembered it is 2020 and people are mad about everything. Especially on twitter.

Luka is fun and he is only 21 which is just insane.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Also, as much as I enjoy watching Luka play this tweet sums up how I feel as an Orlando Magic fan

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Wait? You have to apologize for that now? I was called that and more. Usually laughed with the guys afterwards. The NBA used to be a Men’s League
5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up tha[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now :[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]