If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I thought Richt was in Charlottesville today, but ESPN is reporting that he will become Miami's new head coach. :banghead
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I thought Richt was in Charlottesville today, but ESPN is reporting that he will become Miami's new head coach. :banghead
They have these nifty flying machines now that are much faster than the horse and buggy you are used to. They make it possible to be in C'vile in the AM, hop on one of these new fangled contraptions and be in Miami by High Tea!
Or he could have hitched a ride on the F/A-18 Blue Angel who was flying around today
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: Or he could have hitched a ride on the F/A-18 Blue Angel who was flying around today
Nope. The Blue Angel was late and landed at 5:10 this evening. I took my boys. Always fun.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: Or he could have hitched a ride on the F/A-18 Blue Angel who was flying around today
Nope. The Blue Angel was late and landed at 5:10 this evening. I took my boys. Always fun.
Maybe it was late because of dropping off Richt? At top speed it could get there in less than an hour
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
As far as KBell goes - just going by his success rate seems like a guy we could find a place for

don't know what the deal was with the NCAA/financial aid issues down there tho
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I don't know if he would go back to being an assistant after being a head guy for as long as he has
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote:Chip Kelly to Georgia!?!
He isn't going back to college yet.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote:Chip Kelly to Georgia!?!
Have you not been following the story (all indications point to Kirby Smart already being offered), or do you actually have some news? :dontgetit
By soccer7
Registration Days Posts
My wife called me while I was on the road with this tidbit on Kelly going to UGA. I was shocked because I thought they already hired Smart. I posted on here while I was stopped at a gas station. I wanted to see if anyone else had heard this rumor.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote:I was shocked because I thought they already hired Smart.
Kirby isn't "allowed" to accept an offer until tomorrow. He and Saban have a great relationship, and I am sure Kirby doesnt want to burn any bridges. It wouldn't surprise me if all communications have only been through his agent... but everyone has always known this was Kirby's dream job.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Watching ESPN and the ticker is saying Rich Rod says no to SCar. Am I the last one to know about this?
By bluejacket
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:And does that say more about SCar or the SEC?
South Carolina
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Well the sec was over rated to begin with so it really isn't a death to a conference. Don't get me wrong they were the best football conference but it wasn't by a huge margin like the media (ESPN) was trying to lead the public to believe. They had their sec network to promote so I don't blame them. It's all business.
By PalmettoFlame
BuryYourDuke wrote:USCe is historically a bad job. Relatively poor resources, not very much talent in state (again, relative to their competition). Spurrier overcame, and also benefitted from some very rare talent in state.
I'll have to say yes and no on that one. Being a lifelong Gamecock fan, I agree that it has historically been a bad job. However, I think the overall perception has changed a bit since Lou Holtz was the coach and of course Steve Spurrier. As far as resources, I don't see it being poor at all. South Carolina has upgraded its facilities and while they are not still on par as a UGA or Bama....they are very nice and modern. As far as talent wise, South Carolina is producing better talent every year. It has not been as abundant as Georgia or North Carolina but it is starting to turn around. The state of South Carolina is producing more than you think.
By bluejacket
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote:South Carolina is providing better football players. The problem is Presbyterian is locking in on some of that talent as well :shock:
I think you mean The Citadel. :D
Family Travel Obsession

I am with you, TH Spangler. I love the mountains i[…]

5 plus 7 model

[rob lowe voice]I am LITERALLY in Dublin next we[…]

Prayers please

My neighborhood in Gambrills was great. Great f[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]