If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:Fuente takes the job at VT. Fantastic hire.
Keeping Bud Foster - Great move
Keeping Shane Beamer - :dontgetit
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
VAGolf wrote:Fuente takes the job at VT. Fantastic hire.
Keeping Bud Foster - Great move
Keeping Shane Beamer - :dontgetit
That's certainly a head scratcher. But I wouldn't want to be Whit Babcock when Frank asks about the new staff situation and he's decided to let go of Shane. Maybe it just last for a season or two.
By PalmettoFlame
aredd33 wrote:By all accounts seems like LSU and Les Miles parting ways is imminent.
LSU announced that Les Miles will be the the HC next year.

Also...being from the great state of South Carolina (which I grew up as a Gamecock fan), the rumor candidates for the job are Tom Herman, Kirby Smart, and Fedora. The State newspaper reports that a hire should be made between December 10th and 12th.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Ah-ha! LSU gives Miles the death knell: the infamous AD Vote of Confidence! He might now be fired as soon as today!!
I was thinking the same thing. I think he'd be a great fit at The U
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
JK37 wrote:Ah-ha! LSU gives Miles the death knell: the infamous AD Vote of Confidence! He might now be fired as soon as today!!
I was thinking the same thing. I think he'd be a great fit at The U
If he does get fired I hope the AD cleans out his office soon thereafter
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I think the voices of sanity in the form of 100,000 fans and 100 players have prevailed in Baton Rouge at least for now. The crazy boosters who were the driving force behind the fire Miles movement and were apparently willing to shell out for the 15 million dollar buyout can take a chill pill for another year or 2 at least.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Mark Richt be gone at Georgia
He would be a huge upgrade for the Hoos.
:nod UVa's The Sabre message board is all over this! http://chat.virginia.sportswar.com/mess ... /football/

The News & Advance mentioned 10 names of possible head coaches for UVa, and none of them are named Rocco or Gill.

http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/caval ... 9b929.html
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, Richt isn't going to UVA. lol. He's going to a school that actually cares about its football program. Most likely scenarios are Miami and Missouri.
By bluejacket
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:LSU would be hard pressed to find a better coach than Miles. He is one of 5 best in country.
Very good coach? Yes. Top 5? No.
By bluejacket
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:Yeah, Richt isn't going to UVA. I chortle audibly.. He's going to a school that actually cares about its football program. Most likely scenarios are Miami and Missouri.
Yep. Hopefully Miami.
By bluejacket
Registration Days Posts
PalmettoFlame wrote:Also...being from the great state of South Carolina (which I grew up as a Gamecock fan), the rumor candidates for the job are Tom Herman, Kirby Smart, and Fedora. The State newspaper reports that a hire should be made between December 10th and 12th.
Now that UGA is open, Herman and Smart are definitely going to look there before South Carolina.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Not sure I can see Richt at Miami. Missouri? Definitely. The U? Not so much.
I can't really see him N Miami either. But I do see him at UVA or SoCar before Mossouri. I would think UVA would be a better destination since it gets him out of the SEC
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
JK37 wrote:Not sure I can see Richt at Miami. Missouri? Definitely. The U? Not so much.
I can't really see him N Miami either. But I do see him at UVA or SoCar before Mossouri. I would think UVA would be a better destination since it gets him out of the SEC
Considering that he played at Miami, and has experience recruiting in South Florida...Richt in Miami would be a home run for both parties.

Missouri has several BCS appearances and always dominates in-state recruiting. It's a very good job...much, much better than UVA. Maryland, Rutgers, South Carolina and Syracuse are better jobs than UVA.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
for the record, RR was hosed from the get go at MICH. was not given defensive decision making power and was disliked by the boosters almost immediately because he wasnt a mich man. the cupboard was left horribly bare at key off/def positions. his only real embarassing issue was not finding a kicker.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
This won't happen...but I can't stop thinking about how great of a hire this would be. Gene Chizik to UVA. You would get a guy who knows the ins and outs of a divisional opponent's offense and maybe Chizik can slow down the offense that Fuente will bring to VT.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
USC names Clay Helton their coach.
Butch Davis may make a return to Miami. That'd be interesting.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:USC names Clay Helton their coach.
Butch Davis may make a return to Miami. That'd be interesting.
As a USC fan, I am not happy about the Helton hire, but they didn't ask me. Maybe Pat Haden didn't see my check this year. 8)
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Wow, that's kind of wild.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]