If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Mike Martin and FSU winning would be an awesome story with him going out after 40 seasons (?!?) at the helm down there in Tallahassee
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
so i flip on espn to see the wolverines an inning away from beating UCLA to go to the CWS. Now this is probably the first inning of college baseball i've watched in years but it only took me a few pitches to become absolutely livid with the umpires obviously trying to hose the wolverines out of this game.

me: OMG THAT IS A STRIKE WHAT ARE Y OU LOOKING AT UMP
wife : wait a minute, what is this? no! you can not do this. football and basketball is enough, and you already have the cubs, please don't do this
me: Its Michigan, they can go to the college world series if they win this! ITS VERY IMPORTANT
wife : name one player on the team
me : Keizer.
wife : i can see that on his jersey too whats his first name....
me : Its a team sport honey thats how i root for them. individual achievement in baseball is hardly important.
wife : i'm going to bed
Keizer throws wild pitch
ME : DANGIT OF COURSE TYPICAL.....
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am not a Michigan fan. I dislike Big 10 teams, other than Penn State. ( I coached a basketball team in Korea in 1977-78, and a former PSU football player was on the team.)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Vanderbilt and Michigan are in Finals of college World Series. I hope Vandy beats Michigan in 2 straight.

But with that being said, Michigan proves that most anyone can make it to Omaha and win, if the planets, moon, stars and sun are aligned just right. Michigan was one of final at large teams selected. I believe they lost 7 out of last 9 regular season games, and lost first game of Big 10 tournament.
Also here is a prime example of Big 10 receiving favorable support from NCAA selection committees, not afforded to other conferences.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 1:32 pmAlso here is a prime example of Big 10 receiving favorable support from NCAA selection committees, not afforded to other conferences.
Ballcoach, doesn't that prove exactly the opposite: that they have PROVEN that they belong in the College Word Series, since they have reached the Finals?

You can't let your southern/SEC bias influence your thinking! :nono
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm not entirely convinced that he is capable of taking his bias out of anything but I could be wrong.

I still think that ballcoach only half believes the stuff he posts but maybe that is just wishful thinking.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
and as usual the numbers don't even come close to the insane things he says. the b10 has less bids into the College baseball tournament than any other power 5 conference. they made it to the semi final game of the b10 championship and were the #2 team in the conference.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
due to favorable calls the b10 gets from NCAA umpires
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote: June 25th, 2019, 12:06 pm due to favorable calls the b10 gets from NCAA umpires
I did not watch the game, were there some "bad" calls ?
I did keep track of the score on my phone throughout the game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I knew that, I was just waiting for a "more specific post". I haven't heard of any blown calls in the game. Michigan won 7-4. Vanderbilt did not have enough pitching in this game.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 25th, 2019, 12:35 pm I did keep track of the score on my phone throughout the game.
Ballcoach, what is that all about? As big of a sports fan as you are, does your TV in Gretna not get ESPN? :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: June 25th, 2019, 2:47 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: June 25th, 2019, 12:35 pm I did keep track of the score on my phone throughout the game.
Ballcoach, what is that all about? As big of a sports fan as you are, does your TV in Gretna not get ESPN? :dontgetit
Where I live there is no Cable TV. I am not home enough to justify a "Dish", and pay for numerous channels just to get ESPN.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]