If you want to talk Big South smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.
By ballcoach15
#576940
It was painful watching selection show and LU not getting in. All those 1 run losses kept haunting me.

Teams of note: Lipscomb to Alabama Regional. Long wood and UNC to Tennessee Regional. VT to Kentucky Regional. JMU to Michigan Regional.

Texas A&M with their 28-25 record and 8-10 conference record made it into the tournament.
By JK37
#576948
A lot of those 28 wins and 8 wins are better than LU’s. They have many more “good” wins than LU, same goes for “good” losses. Liberty has to win tourney to get in, and we knew it going into the tourney.
User avatar
By Cider Jim
#577441
Ballcoach, why in the world would you pull for a liberal California school to beat a school from Virginia? Don't you have any loyalty to your home state?

I get it that you don't like UVa, Radford, Longwood, or JMU, don't you have any home state loyalty?
User avatar
By BJWilliams
#577447
JMU in the super regionals and LU (the right LU) in the NISC final four...if only CNU or VWU had made it further in the D3 tournament, we would be having a banner year in softball across the state
By ballcoach15
#577475
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, why in the world would you pull for a liberal California school to beat a school from Virginia? Don't you have any loyalty to your home state?

I get it that you don't like UVa, Radford, Longwood, or JMU, don't you have any home state loyalty?
UVA, Radford and Longwood are very liberal, and I just not like JMU.
By ATrain
#577491
Newsflash: Ballcoach hates every team thats not in the SEC, VA Tech or Liberty.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#577504
JK37 wrote:Marshall is liberal. So is JMU.
And I wouldn’t say Baylor is conservative anymore
User avatar
By Cider Jim
#577507
JK37 wrote:Marshall is liberal.
Compared to what? Compared to WVU's wild party life, Marshall is very conservative. And we don't burn couches.

https://www.elitedaily.com/life/culture ... in-america
By ATrain
#577572
ballcoach15 wrote:Granted, most schools are somewhat liberal, but Virginia has 3 of the most liberal colleges in America, in UVA, Radford and Longwood.
With all due respect, UVA, Radford and Longwood are nowhere near as liberal as UC-Berkley, Stanford, the Ivies, Colorado, etc...
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#577579
Cider Jim wrote:JK, if you want a current article, WVU has DROPPED to the #3 party school in the country in 2019. Your 'Eers are slipping!

https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/t ... y-schools/
We had dropped out of the Top 10 when I was there. The President ran an editorial in the student paper saying how great it was. The student editors ran an editorial saying what a shame it was.
By ballcoach15
#577590
BJWilliams wrote:JMU in the super regionals and LU (the right LU) in the NISC final four...if only CNU or VWU had made it further in the D3 tournament, we would be having a banner year in softball across the state
It was somewhat of a banner year.

Liberty is in Final 4 of NIT. JMU, VT and the school in Farmville made NCAA tournament. University of Lynchburg made D III Super Regionals. I believe a couple other D III schools from state made NCAA tournament.
By rogers3
#577738
ATrain wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Granted, most schools are somewhat liberal, but Virginia has 3 of the most liberal colleges in America, in UVA, Radford and Longwood.
With all due respect, UVA, Radford and Longwood are nowhere near as liberal as UC-Berkley, Stanford, the Ivies, Colorado, etc...
No need to give the "all due respect." BC knows that his comment was dumb and unfounded.
July 1st?

Are you doing a brief trial period for folks. Ive[…]

Its actually fairly common. I know of 2 growing c[…]

Mike houston and uncc have dropped a post commitme[…]

Prayer for Job Change

You’re at JF? I’ll definitely pray f[…]