If you want to talk Big South smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.
By JK37
#566636 He started cleaning this up as soon as he got there. It was less coaches and more an incompetent compliance department. Which has already been turned over and restructured - some with LU connections.

I hate this for Barclay.

I have always liked Hank, but this happened on his watch and completely explains his oddly-timed retirement.
By Sly Fox
#566673 Yeah, it actually appears like they are getting off without significant penalties moving forward. That's important for Joe Dailey to ponder if he is still considering that head football coaching vacancy.
By ballcoach15
#566691 Most schools get off easy on NCAA violations. Of the schools caught buying recruits by FBI, how many have been punished by NCAA ? All those schools should be on a long post season ban. But come March all will probably make NCAA tournament.
By JK37
ballcoach15 wrote:Most schools get off easy on NCAA violations. Of the schools caught buying recruits by FBI, how many have been punished by NCAA ? All those schools should be on a long post season ban. But come March all will probably make NCAA tournament.

Your opinion is irrelevant to the content of the thread. You are completely ignorant to the issues at Charleston Southern. They didn’t “buy” a single player. They are guilty of improperly certifying the academic progress of their student-athletes, especially the transfer credits of junior college prospects.

When you interject an opinion regarding “buying” recruits into this thread, you slander the coaches at Charleston Southern who did no such thing. I challenge you to study and understand the real issues at Charleston Southern University before ignorantly lumping them in with those universities at the heart of the FBI probe.
By ballcoach15
#566771 I know what happened at CSU, as well as you. I have never said CSU was buying recruits. I was referring to NCAA violations in general, and how light NCAA handles them. I specifically mentioned FBI cases because NCAA hasn't done anything to schools caught by FBI. Please show me where I said CSU was buying recruits. I will be standing by waiting.
By Purple Haize
ballcoach15 wrote:I know what happened at CSU, as well as you. I have never said CSU was buying recruits. I was referring to NCAA violations in general, and how light NCAA handles them. I specifically mentioned FBI cases because NCAA hasn't done anything to schools caught by FBI. Please show me where I said CSU was buying recruits. I will be standing by waiting.

Well this IS a thread about Charleston Southern and you brought up buying players and the FBI
By BJWilliams
ballcoach15 wrote:I know what happened at CSU, as well as you. I have never said CSU was buying recruits. I was referring to NCAA violations in general, and how light NCAA handles them. I specifically mentioned FBI cases because NCAA hasn't done anything to schools caught by FBI. Please show me where I said CSU was buying recruits. I will be standing by waiting.

*beep...beep...beep...beep*
By rogers3
#566881 In defense of ballcoach, this was the first comment after the article

"Times like these make me miss ol' Jerry Tarkanian. The little guys do minor violations and get slammed. Meanwhile, the Baby Blue Blankies in Chapel Hill had fake classes for well over 3 decades yet nothing happens."

The fact that infractions at major programs often get overlooked while programs like CSU take 5heir medicine is the point.
By ballcoach15
#566907 Good point. There was a joke for years that UNLV would commit. A violation, and Cleveland State would get punished for it.

There are several power 5 schools that should be on a post season ban now for NCAA violations, yet NCAA looks other way and pretends all is well. When a coach cheats in recruiting, that's the most serious violation there is, in my opinion. NCAA should have known some schools were cheating before FBI became involved.

As for Charleston Southern, I like them more than any BSC school .
By thepostman
#566933 Well then you are choosing ignorance in regards to the shadiness of college football and that includes your beloved SEC.
By JK37
ballcoach15 wrote:I not believe everything in documentaries . They are produced to make money/TV Ratings. Most are probably produced by liberals.

You aren’t real.
By Purple Haize
JK37 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I not believe everything in documentaries . They are produced to make money/TV Ratings. Most are probably produced by liberals.

You aren’t real.

Based on his associates. He’s frighteningly real
By Purple Haize
ballcoach15 wrote:I will put me and my associates up against an equal number from this board any day of week.

Considering how off your #sources have always been. Let’s just say I admire your loyalty :D
By Purple Haize
thepostman wrote:Don't forget, we should give him credit for "Calling" the Hugh Freeze hire!

He was the ONLY one.
By Cider Jim
JK37 wrote:

You aren’t real.

JK, if you're in town over the holidays, I should take you out for a Junior Whopper with Ballcoach. Believe me, he's real. :oldhag :usa
By thepostman
Jonathan Carone wrote:I will trust the well respected reporters at SB Nation over ballcoach and friends.

I am almost done with that documentary and it is just crazy what goes on. I mean I always knew it went on but seeing it in action is really kind of sad.
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:I will trust the well respected reporters at SB Nation over ballcoach and friends.

I am almost done with that documentary and it is just crazy what goes on. I mean I always knew it went on but seeing it in action is really kind of sad.

I’m in a group chat with a few guys who I convinced to watch it. We’ve probably sent over 100 texts just digesting it all. There are so many angles in it that I’ve never seen presented the way they presented it.
By JK37
Cider Jim wrote:
JK37 wrote:

You aren’t real.

JK, if you're in town over the holidays, I should take you out for a Junior Whopper with Ballcoach. Believe me, he's real. :oldhag :usa

Now I wish I was. Unfortunately not. First year we’re staying out and not visiting any family for holidays. Bummer.
By ElmersTwin
Jonathan Carone wrote:
JK37 wrote:What documentary?

Foul Play from SB Nation.

Four part documentary on YouTube. About 25 minute episodes for each.

Decided to give this series a shot. Currently watching episode 2 and it's really fascinating.
By ElmersTwin
Jonathan Carone wrote:You’ll be hooked. It’s really good.

If there's anything I learned from that series it's that we need more "family friends" who can dish out the money. If Mississippi State can get away with it then why not give it a shot?!
By Purple Haize
ElmersTwin wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:You’ll be hooked. It’s really good.

If there's anything I learned from that series it's that we need more "family friends" who can dish out the money. If Mississippi State can get away with it then why not give it a shot?!

LU could offer Housing Upgrades in Heaven! 8)
By CCWMichael
Jonathan Carone wrote:I love Chad but I hope he doesn’t settle for CSU. He could get a G5 DC job soon which would lead higher than head coach at CSU ever could.

Tough choice. Does he sit and wait it out?
Or, take a HC slot now and show he can perform and step up from there.
By givemethemic
#569540 Chad wants to be a H.C and this is a good chance for him. If I know Jeff Barber's thinking he is gonna hire Autry Denson. I think Chad is a much better fit for CSU but Jeff won't do it because Jeff wants the bigger overall name.
By Class of 20Something
#569622 I'm going to disagree. CSU knew their sanctions were coming for a long time. The knew when they hired JB. JB knew when he went there. CSU is going to have a great opportunity to rise from their issues stronger than before because they've hired better people BECAUSE of what happened.
By Jonathan Carone
#569624 They’re in a better position than before, but unless there’s been a gigantic shift administratively, they’re never going to invest what’s needed into be a good football program.
By JK37
Jonathan Carone wrote:They’re in a better position than before, but unless there’s been a gigantic shift administratively, they’re never going to invest what’s needed into be a good football program.

Facts.
By givemethemic
#569873 Just as I predicted. Jeff Barber is still an idiot! (I'm still not over how you pushed Danny Rocco out) I hope you do nothing but fail at CSU.