If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
thepostman wrote:ballcoach you literally have zero credibility in regards to college athletics. Until you admit that the schools related to the SEC is about as shady as they come your opinion will mean absolutely nothing around here.

Postman: I am very knowledgable in college athletics, probably more than most.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You certainly have a great sense of humor. I'll give you that.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach is too humble to admit it, but years ago he was "almost hired" as a college coach.
By Jonathan Carone
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach is too humble to admit it, but years ago he was "almost hired" as a college coach.
That doesn’t say much. Some of the worst ideas I’ve ever heard were from college coaches.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach is too humble to admit it, but years ago he was "almost hired" as a college coach.
That doesn’t say much. Some of the worst ideas I’ve ever heard were from college coaches.
Rude!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:
thepostman wrote:ballcoach you literally have zero credibility in regards to college athletics. Until you admit that the schools related to the SEC is about as shady as they come your opinion will mean absolutely nothing around here.

Postman: I am very knowledgable in college athletics, probably more than most.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You certainly have a great sense of humor. I'll give you that.
He is the Sriracha Mayo of this Board!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Sriracha?

Say one more hipster thing, and I will stuff you into your vintage bassoon case!
Skinny jeans!
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
TallyW wrote:
That was the carrot being dangled around about going FBS. "You get to go to a bowl game.". That's about as much of a participation trophy as one could get.

March Madness is 68 teams while Bowl season for FBS is 80. There are 347 D1 basketball teams. There are 130 FBS teams.

Basketball: 68/347= .195
Football: 80/130= .615

So you think 19.5% of teams getting in is a participation trophy but 61.5% getting in is a hard-fought victory? Okay. :dontgetit
You are using someone else's argument. I don't believe in having all of these toilet bowls. At least half should be dropped. Most bowl games LOSE money for both teams playing. Many even lose money for the cities involved.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The bowl system is, six of one and a half dozen of the other.

But I think the number of bowls will increase before we see a decrease. The key to bowl games is the location, date and which 2 teams are playing. All must be managed carefully.
The often times stupid bowl tie ins, screw some bowls, the minute the 2 teams are announced. Not many fans get excited about a 6-6 team from ACC playing a 6-6 team from Big 10. (Just an example). I can't recall bowl tie ins from memory.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]