If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I'm shocked!
Just kidding. Anyone who has been paying attention knew this was coming. Charleston Southern has been winning football games for years with players no one else would take because they were at best questionable academically. Moglia had best be keeping close tabs on Chadwell and his buddy Willie Corn, or they will find themselves in the same situation at Coastal Carolina.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Remind me who their AD is. :wink:
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:I think. Violations happened before current AD arrived.
They did. I think JB was brought on to guide them through this storm. Vacating 6 years of wins and two years of probation is super steep for the level of program. It's not like they put the kids in fake classes. Just a few kids weren't even in 3 classes. Lol
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
New compliance personnel brought in will clean things up. Hank Small was given a parachute, and he took it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The wins being ¨vacated¨ raises the question of whether the ¨losers¨ get credited with a win by forfeit. I´m guessing not.

My understanding is that along with JB, their new Compliance director is also from Liberty, so their president will need to send JFLJR a gift basket if they manage to get this mess straightened out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Sounds like CSU beat LU using ineligible players.
Ya think. :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Whoever came up with the term vacated pertaining to ball games, needs to be "vacated". Use of illegal players should result in a forfeit of games played.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Whoever came up with the term vacated pertaining to ball games, needs to be "vacated". Use of illegal players should result in a forfeit of games played.
They can’t be forfeited since they were already played and a decision as to the victor determined
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have seen high school games forfeited as result of ineligible player.

Vacate means to "leave a room". Has nothing to do with a football game.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:I have seen high school games forfeited as result of ineligible player.

Vacate means to "leave a room". Has nothing to do with a football game.
vacate verb
va·cate | \ˈvā-ˌkāt, vā-ˈkāt \
vacated; vacating
Definition of vacate
transitive verb

1a : to deprive of an incumbent or occupant
b : to give up the incumbency or occupancy of
2 : to make legally void : ANNUL
intransitive verb

: to vacate an office, post, or tenancy
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Vacate as it pertains to football was a term the NCAA came up with, under CYA, in covering up their own shortcomings of not policing and punishing schools caught cheating. The decided that vacate rather than forfeit would be easier on the cheating schools.

I am looking foward to seeing what NCAA does to the schools caught in the FBI investigation of basketball programs at some "big" schools. There's no way some of them should see NCAA tournament for several years. A couple should probably get death penalty.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Just because one employeeor several made mistakes in one sport, doesn’t deserve the “death penalty”.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When a coach is involved with buying recruits, that school should be slammed. That is cheating at its worst. NCAA knew this stuff was happening, but looked the other way.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
My favorite ballcoach posts are when he wants to 'drop the hammer' on a school. :fight
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:When a coach is involved with buying recruits, that school should be slammed. That is cheating at its worst. NCAA knew this stuff was happening, but looked the other way.
Interesting. How did the NCAA know it was going on before they investigated?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
You suspected.

You’re like the liberals with Kavanaugh. No need for proof, just assumption.

And again, if one or several employees make a colossal blunder, the entire university must suffer? Those employees have all been fired, careers ended, and many are in deep legal trouble. What more do you want?

Your prescription of the death penalty is a punishment that simply doesn’t fit the crime.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If I know, why doesn't NCAA know ?
When did you know? What specifically did you know? Why didn’t you report what you knew to the NCAA?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When a coach cheats in recruiting, school should suffer, because that's the worst violation that can occur.

Reason cheating is happening so much now, is that schools know NCAA will not slam them, thus it's worth the gamble. Putting schools on probation is a joke. Only good punishment is a post season ban of 3-5 years. This way, recruiting will suffer, and program will go downhill.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't know man, you don't seem to believe in due process. Sounds awfully like the liberals you consistently talk down about...
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]