If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By CCWMichael
Central PA is a HOT BED for football talent.
So, I decided to list some of the kids I watched play ... all within 45 minutes of my home ... and where they committed.

Hayden Rucci TE Wisconsin
Micah Parsons DE Penn State
Zach Kuntz Penn State
Charlie Katshir LB Penn State
Shaquon Anderson-Butts WR Penn State
Davis Martin-Robinson WR Temple
Aaron Gethers CB Boston College (from my cousins alma and perrenial power house Bishop McDevitt)
Cooper Lutz WR Syracuse
Jose Barbon WR Temple

It was fun watching these kids on Friday nights. I could list the NFL talent we have seen in this area, but it would take toooo long. Football is big in PA with no offense meant to Cali, TX, or FLA but we got some game.

so, in your area, where has the big talent gone?
I saw in Richmond paper this morning, that of the top 10 recruits in Richmond area, none went to Virginia Tech. 2 went to Big 10 (Ohio State and Indiana), 1 went to UNC, and others went to inferior schools to VT. I hate it when a player from Virginia goes to a Big 10 school.

If I were a high school coach, I would not allow a Big 10 coach in the building.
Yeah. Wouldn’t want to provide a kid with as many opportunities to better themselves as possible. That’s not what teachers and coaches are supposed to do.
Purple Haize wrote:Yeah. Wouldn’t want to provide a kid with as many opportunities to better themselves as possible. That’s not what teachers and coaches are supposed to do.
That can be debatable to be honest, As Cardale Jones said back in 2012,
"We ain't come here to play school[end quote]." Then look at the percentile of players who went to college just to get into the NFL; after that look at the percentile who even makes it and then last more than 2-4 seasons. How great is that an opportunity (most believe that is their only option excluding actually obtaining an actual education) and is that really bettering themselves (most of these players come from lower class areas[from experience] and now you give them thousands to millions of dollars with no financial understandings or skills). Now not everyone take those routes, but that is a minority in that category, hence the ability to debate the topic.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Yeah. Wouldn’t want to provide a kid with as many opportunities to better themselves as possible. That’s not what teachers and coaches are supposed to do.
That can be debatable to be honest, As Cardale Jones said back in 2012,
"We ain't come here to play school[end quote]." Then look at the percentile of players who went to college just to get into the NFL; after that look at the percentile who even makes it and then last more than 2-4 seasons. How great is that an opportunity (most believe that is their only option excluding actually obtaining an actual education) and is that really bettering themselves (most of these players come from lower class areas[from experience] and now you give them thousands to millions of dollars with no financial understandings or skills). Now not everyone take those routes, but that is a minority in that category, hence the ability to debate the topic.
So you’re saying don’t go to college on an athletic scholarship :dontgetit
Or are you saying don’t go to Ohio St :dontgetit
Or are you saying this only happens in The B1G :dontgetit
Where did my post even bring up the NFL :dontgetit
If you had an opportunity to play in the NFL for only 2-4 seasons are you saying don’t take it :dontgetit

What are you trying to say? My post simply stated as an Educator and a Coach you are doing your student athletes a disservice by not allowing them to entertain offers from schools interested in them. ballcoach seems to think no kids should be allowed to go to any B1G school. Which IMO, would be dereliction of duty
I don't see how that's an issue since coaches do this all the time. How is not allowing an athlete to see some school offers going to affect them considering the other offers that athletes receive. I'm sure a lot of coaches, especially in the SEC regions don't do that right? I never said it was right, but it is still debatable. This is like families who do not allow specific school recruiters to come visit their child or loved one. Now you can bring up the case if there were no other schools coming to see an athlete, but I'm sure if the BIG scouts were coming to see a kid then more offers will come along.
If I had power to stop it, I would not let a Big 10 Coach fly in the airspace 30,000 feet, above my school. That's how much I not like Big 10.

I am confident most 4 or 5 star players in the state also receive offers from ACC or SEC schools. Probably 3 stars also.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]