If you want to talk Big South smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.
By ballcoach15
#530934 Some very interesting seeds.

If Alabama and Florida win their regional, they will meet in Super Regional.
JMU won 50 games, and had RPI of 13. They got sent to Baylor Regional as a 3 seed.
Every SEC school that has softball, made tournament.
By ATrain
#530980 There is a school in the SEC that doesn't play softball?
By ballcoach15
#530983 Vanderbilt doesnt have softball. Very puzzling. Same as in ACC, where Wake Forest, Clemson and Miami do not have team. Duke starts up next season. In BSC, High Point and UNCA are non softball schools.

I guess it has something to do with Title 9, dealing with number of female athletes vs male athletes.
By ballcoach15
#531434 there was controversy surrounding the seedlings.. once I saw list of selection committee members, I realized what problem was. most of committee was unqualified to sit on committee, when it comes to softball.
By oldflame
#531438 It makes no sense that any school with a football team would not have softball because of title IX. High Point and UNCA, probably so. Those ACC and SEC schools must have just chosen other women's sports to balance the scholarships.
By Cider Jim
#531928 Ole Miss blew a lead and lost to UCLA in extra innings.
Last edited by Cider Jim on May 27th, 2017, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
#531942 Go Gators!
By ATrain
#532264 The French Open is on...my interest has died out.
By Cider Jim
ballcoach15 wrote:I rather watch 1 inning of softball than entire French Open or any tennis match.

:clapping :oldhag :nod
By oldflame
ballcoach15 wrote:I rather watch 1 inning of softball than entire French Open or any tennis match.

Just so you know, ballcoach, ATrain comes from a different perspective than mostof us where tennis is concerned, having played and coached (grad assistant) at the d1 level.
By Purple Haize
ballcoach15 wrote:I played one tennis match in my life. I got beat by a girl. (1978)

Was it in the AstroDome and was her name Billie?
By Cider Jim
#532325 Was this a DATE that went bad, ballcoach? :denied
By ATrain
ballcoach15 wrote:No it was my buddy's girl friend

I now know why you don't like tennis...
By ATrain
ballcoach15 wrote:Florida and Oklahoma for championship. I love it that no PAC 12 or Big 10 team is in championship.

Go Gators

FTFY
By ATrain
ballcoach15 wrote:I stand corrected. Still not like the conference.

A Gator fan told me they are all big whiners and crybabies.

AKA snowflakes
By BJWilliams
#532453 That was an epic game last night...it didn't finish until 12:30 almost 1 AM.
By ballcoach15
#532459 It might be time to move WCWS out of Okalhoma . The Sooners have too much of a home field advantage.

But still, Gators should have won last night. Win , lose or get rained out, Florida has a better team.
By oldflame
ballcoach15 wrote:It might be time to move WCWS out of Okalhoma . The Sooners have too much of a home field advantage.

But still, Gators should have won last night. Win , lose or get rained out, Florida has a better team.

Why bother with all the trouble and expense of playing the games, in Oklahoma or anywhere else? Since ballcoach already knows who is the better team, he can just pick the National Champion every year :roll:
By oldflame
ballcoach15 wrote:Florida loses 5-4.

on bright side of things, Liberty was 1 of only 2 teams in D1 softball to win their final game of season.

That statement has been made quite a bit, but I'm less than 100% convinced it is accurate. Does EVERY D1 softball team play in their conference tournament? That certainly is not the case in baseball. If some conferences only put the top 8 seeds in the tourney like the BSC does in baseball, there is likely another team or 2 who did not make the cut, but won their last regular season game.
By flamehunter
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Florida loses 5-4.

on bright side of things, Liberty was 1 of only 2 teams in D1 softball to win their final game of season.

That statement has been made quite a bit, but I'm less than 100% convinced it is accurate. Does EVERY D1 softball team play in their conference tournament? That certainly is not the case in baseball. If some conferences only put the top 8 seeds in the tourney like the BSC does in baseball, there is likely another team or 2 who did not make the cut, but won their last regular season game.

You have a good point Oldflame. I found one. Providence won their last game, finishing 5th in the Big East. Only the top four teams in the conference went to the conference championship.
http://www.bigeast.com/standings.aspx?standings=8&path=softball
By ballcoach15
#532496 That is true, I had not thought about that. But I can see where if a team doesn't make their conference tournament, no one remembers they won their last game.
By Purple Haize
ballcoach15 wrote:That is true, I had not thought about that. But I can see where if a team doesn't make their conference tournament, no one remembers they won their last game.

About as many people know LU 'won' their last game
By Cider Jim
#532526 Ballcoach ordered me one, too. :shock:
Is TF getting one, also? :dontgetit
By adam42381
ballcoach15 wrote:I have my "NISC CHAMPIONS" t-shirt on the way.

I didn't take you for someone who celebrates participation trophies.
By ballcoach15
#532540 That is NOT a participation trophy. It says: "NISC CHAMPIONS"

Now if it said NISC RUNNER-UP, or NISC PARTICIPANT , then it would be participation trophy.
By Purple Haize
adam42381 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I have my "NISC CHAMPIONS" t-shirt on the way.

I didn't take you for someone who celebrates participation trophies.

:rofl
By RubberMallet
#532579 i watched until michigan was out of it. the girls watched with me for a smidge but told me it was more fun to watch the boys do it when i play. so theres that.
By Sly Fox
#532587 Girls always know how to work dads. Mine have it down to a science.
By RubberMallet
#532779 I think its because they learn more words they've not heard before at the local ball diamond.