If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By blwall1416
Registration Days Posts
#242090
HenryGale wrote:I agree...refs should not bail out players. But by definition, if the defender has his hand on the ball, jump ball, but if he has his hand on the shooters arm, foul? Bail out or not....not the refs decision.
Looking at the youtube video, it seems Ed Davis creates the jump ball before Tyler ever reaches in for the ball.

You can see that Karl is trying to let the VT player play through that jump ball. However, it creates a travel as he returns his pivot foot to the floor. So, Karl calls what happened first, Davis tying up the ball. So, the activity that happened with Tyler after was moot.

Raycom showed the last part of the replay. This was after Davis tied him up.



At :45, you can see Tyler's hand on or near the ball. The hand is part of the ball. I don't see him holding the arm.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
#242092
I disagree...but that is fine. Watch Hansboro...it looks like even he was expecting the foul call. Just kind of stands there, then reacts after the jump ball call.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
#242094
HenryGale wrote:
SuperJon wrote:Tech had 24 seconds to score one point and didn't even get a shot up. Not one. I would've felt a lot worse for them if they had actually put a shot up to try and score before that. They had almost thrown it away once before. Who's to say they wouldn't have done it again if they called the foul? With the way they were playing, there's just a good of a chance they throw the ball away, miss the shot, or don't even get a shot as it is they make the shot to go up.
What terrible logic...they were going to throw it away anyway, so there is no need to call the foul. The foul happened, should have been called, what they do after that is what happens...not what may have happened because they mismanaged the clock, or were going to throw it away.
I never said it wasn't a bad call. I said I don't feel sorry for Tech and don't think they got "screwed." They were the victim of what may have been a bad call but that happens to everyone all year. It doesn't mean it was a screw job. A screw job would've been if they were up one, got on the wrong end of a bad call, and then Carolina went down and made the winning basket.
LU v. Delaware

Two nice games under our belts. I was impressed wi[…]

LU v. Ball State Thread

All the wannabe coaches, experts, and keyboard coo[…]

5 for 5 rule Meeting

Nobody likes you. Nobody thinks you are funny. G[…]

Hope everything goes well for Coach Freeze. I'm […]