If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By blwall1416
Registration Days Posts
#233272
TDDance234 wrote:If I remember he's gone on record before saying if Duke would have offered earlier, he would have accepted...I'm just wishing Duke would have been after him from the get-go.
More than anyone else, Wall said, he trusts Clifton and Beckwith to help him make the choice.

...........

What concerns Clifton and Beckwith more than others' interpretation of their motives is the prospect of their protege winding up somewhere they feel he might not fit.

To put it another way: They're worried about him going to Duke.

“It would behoove him to be in a situation that he would be able to play for a coach who has a more free-flowing offense, who is going to afford him the opportunity to be expressive and to do the things that he needs to do [to prepare for the NBA],” Clifton said.

The Word of God coach has a tip for Wall as well: “If you're really serious about going to Duke, all this flashy stuff, stop it. And let's see how you like it.”
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/preps/ ... 23905.html


The people John trusts the most don't want him going to duke. It wouldn't have made a difference how early they started recruiting him.

Also, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think duke wants John.
By blwall1416
Registration Days Posts
#233283
This is as mad as I've ever seen K...during the 8:00 timeout.

Image
User avatar
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
#233296
If John Wall goes to dook then you better get ready to fight a war with the Devil.
By blwall1416
Registration Days Posts
#233300
flamesbball84 wrote:If John Wall goes to dook then you better get ready to fight a war with the Devil.
John is a one-and-done kid. He wouldn't go to college if he didn't have to. duke doesn't want one-and-done players for whatever reason. I wouldn't mind if John went there for a year because his attitude wouldn't work well with K & the chemistry of the team would suffer.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
#233301
blwall1416 wrote:This is as mad as I've ever seen K...during the 8:00 timeout.

Image
What happened to bring that up?
By blwall1416
Registration Days Posts
#233316
SuperJon wrote:What happened to bring that up?
They were talking about it on another board.......not good or bad.....just pointing out they'd never seen him like that before....or if they had, they couldn't recall.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
#233318
No, I meant what in the game made him get that mad?
By blwall1416
Registration Days Posts
#233322
SuperJon wrote:No, I meant what in the game made him get that mad?
He had called a time out at 8:41, after they cut the lead to 4. Then Paulus fouled, Scheyer missed a 3....& Thomas missed a close basket, then fouled Tyler on the rebound. I guess they weren't executing the way he had just told them to 41 seconds before.
User avatar
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
#233329
blwall1416 wrote: duke doesn't want one-and-done players for whatever reason.
Luol Deng ruined it for everybody.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
#233331
blwall1416 wrote:

The people John trusts the most don't want him going to duke. It wouldn't have made a difference how early they started recruiting him.

Also, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think duke wants John.
Well there is a reason Wall hasn't signed yet and you've hit it. No one *really* wants him but could use his skills. Either way, I love Paulus for what he gives you but he's seriously limited. Nolan Smith was supposed to be the guy but he's going to carve himself in the Sean Dockery role and that's about his cieling.

Players like Lawson have been destroying Duke since Jason Williams left. Duhon is a good defender but he too had a hard time against Felton and company. It's not a lack of big men that's hurt Duke, it's their ability to keep PG's out of the paint.
LU v. Delaware

Two nice games under our belts. I was impressed wi[…]

LU v. Ball State Thread

All the wannabe coaches, experts, and keyboard coo[…]