Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
It pains me to report that freshman libero Caitlan McDonald has transferred to Colorado Christian, mainly b/c she didn't really like it here. I wish her the best.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
? whats not to like?

hope she finds what she's looking for
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I was going to let this post die, but since you asked she was "looking for" some scholarship money that just wasn't available...she was a walk on...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That makes perfect sense to me. I wish her nothing but the best.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
from what I recall this may be an opportunity for us to gain some needed size at that Libero position then. And experience as well?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
agreed...This volleyball team is about 2 years away from being something special...@ LU we got spoiled from being able to have the max scholarships and not many others in the BS did, therefore we'd walk all over them, but now everyone is pretty much fully funded and there are some pretty sick teams out there...
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:from what I recall this may be an opportunity for us to gain some needed size at that Libero position then. And experience as well?
At Libero, size isn't really much of an issue since that player can't block...and we definitely need some experience on the team.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Not surprised that she left. Plus she didn't play much and from what I saw I didn't think she was that good. Atrain correct me if you have seen another side of her on the court.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I've seen her on the court in a game and practice, and she really didn't prove herself in practice to even see a game....honestly speaking
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I'll agree that she wasn't really good...Libero is definitely a position that we were down this year. IMO, setter Lara Bartolomeo did a great job at it last year, though she was recruited as a setter. If we can land a strong, talented libero like we landed outside hitter Kendall Nichols, we should have a much better season come fall.
By nickrichard
Registration Days Posts
I think you are wrong A Train. I think what you are going to see is Pinder bringing in a setter and moving Lara back to Libero.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
I talked to Coach Pinder yesterday and from what he told me, they have a setter that he recruited for next season or this fall. My guess is that Lara would move back to Libero. Even the UVA head coach talked to Pinder and told him how jealous she was of him having that setter. Lara was good at defense and our defense was terrible last season.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Well in my pre-season interview, he said Lara was recruited as a setter...but then again, I haven't talked to him recently. She is a good player regardless if she plays setter or libero, but I do think she was better at Libero, and Allie just didn't have the season we were all anticipating. The coach at UVA also said that "Liberty is a good team"
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
She was recruited as a setter but I think they realized that being able to upgrade is an option at both setter and Libero...I think it'll be good for both the new freshman and Lara to have to compete for the job...I see Lara starting at setter for the first few games and working in the freshman and then hand it over to her, Lara is good at setter and very good at libero, so either way it's a good situation to be in
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]