Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LaxFan 69ner
This was in the report on the USL MDIA site from the Scad Coach at www.uslmdia.org

Savannah College of Art and Design
A game filled with turnovers and aggressive play from both sides. SCAD scored the first goal and the last goal of the game, but Liberty never backed down throughout. SCAD had to fight back from a 3-goal deficit with 5 minutes remaining to pull out the win. The game winning goal came with approximately 2 minutes remaining in the 4th. Once again, we faced a SELC team with inconsistent numbers- - The "official roster", as noted on the USLIA site, was not even close to the scorebook.

Looks like Metallo has issues with his roster and Eligibility or he just does not have a clue how to do it. If Liberty gets caught not keeping the roster up to date, the program could be put on probation the same way a team would be in the NCAA or kicked out of the league. Great Testimony that would be. This eligibility and roster issues is serious stuff. Club Lacrosse in the USL MDIA follow NCAA rules not Club rules.

I sure am excited about LU Lacrosse with an 0-2 record. I just can't wait to see what happens when they play the likes of App. State, Elon, Davidson , Eckerd and UNC Charlotte. Good Night, this Team is going down hill fast! I hope they at least beat a week Coastal Carolina and Southern Virginia.

If they can't win in the USL MDIA maybe they should go play in the NCLL where they have Club rules. We played in that League and it is ok. I'm still sticking to my guns of 2-7 or I mean 3-7 they added that easy game with Coastal Carolina.

Sorry Laxman, it is not happening this year.

LaxFan69ner
By Thelaxman
Pete:

You need to R-e-g-i-s-t-e-r to be taken serious on the Board.

Pete, I deleted my comments. I'm sorry for losing my temper with you. I'm just tired of your negative stuff. Just please be more supportive of the Team.

Thelaxman
Last edited by Thelaxman on March 6th, 2006, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
ouch. hey coach, i can appreciate the enthusiasm, and it looks like the lacrosse community is very passionate, but all the name calling is a bit over the top. it is ok to disagree, and if his facts are not straight, then i hope someone would add to the forum and get it fixed. this is a public forum, and everyone is entitled to state opinions and disagree. if this happens to be personal, then you guys should work it out privately. let's hope that all the rule and roster stuff will be fixed, and that are guys will continue to mature and play better. we are only two games in right now...no need to panic.
By Guest
Gentlemen,

The loss yesterday was a disappointing loss to say the least. We let a game we had won slip out of our hands. We weren't very composed in the fourth quarter. Remember, this was virtually our first game whereas SCAD had played 4-5 games, including an OT loss to App. State. We had possession at the end of the game and could have tied the score and had a moving pick violation that effectively ended any possibitly to tie the score.

As far as the roster is concerned, it was just an oversight on my part. Since I didn't learn of the source of our game uniforms until Christmas break, the uniforms for the newer players weren't going to arrive before the beginning of the season. I asked the football team if we could borrow jerseys until they arrived and they graciously supplied them. Unhappily, not all the numbers on the football jerseys matched the numbers on our official roster. I informed the league president, Buff Grubb, of the inconsistecies and he told me just to put the jersey number on the scorebook with the official number in parentheses. SCAD arrived about a half an hour before the game was to start and I forgot to give him the roster with the appropriate changes. There are no eligibility issues with this team.

I spoke to Mike quite a while after the game and he didnt mention anything to me. He's a very good coach and a great guy so I was surprised to learn of his remarks. I have written to Mike and I also sent him the roster. Hopefully, this will be the end of it.

Cordially,

Tom Metallo
By Thelaxman
Good job Coach Metallo,

Mike is a great guy but I have to warn you he is by the book and if you had won the game he would be all over the roster stuff until it went right up to Buff and the Executive Board of the SELC. Just make sure you cross your t's and dot your i's with roster and SELC and USL MDIA Eligibility.

It sounds like some real positive things going on. Your time will come . Keep workin the team hard and keep developing.

Best of luck in 2006

John
By Thelaxman
Smoothie:

I edited my stuff toward laxfan 69ner. I apologize for losing my temper. I just think laxfan 69 should be more supportive.

All the best,

Thelaxman
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
you know im with you coach! i support you 110%
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im with you too coach. Heck Im working as the PA announcer the first home game after break and hopefully the remaining ones as well
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thanks to Coach Metallo for the update- we're all looking forward to the rest of the season!

also, how is the new and improved website coming along?
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]