Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Crazy Old Guy
Registration Days
Gentlemen,

The App. State game was canceled due to standing water on the field. It is possible that the game will be scheduled either for Friday, March 24 or Saturday, March 25. I will keep you posted.

Several people have inquired so I'd like to give you my assessment of this year's Liberty lacrosse team. We are a very young team. We will start 5 freshmen, 3 sophomores, a junior and a senior. We will only lose 3 people from this year's team and all of them have another year of eligibility. I might add, that last year's team was young as well.
We only lost Andrew Whitley to graduation allthough lot a few players who transferred to other schools.

We are solid on defense and in the goal although we will be starting two sophomores and two freshmen. We are also solid on attack. I beieve that we have more offensive weapons than last year's team. We have several players from New York, and New Jersey. However, it remains to be seen if any of them are the caliber of a Corey Noseworthy. One of our attackman has a shot similar to Corey's with the left hand. It would have been a treat to see the both of them play together. Hopefully, someone will emerge to make up for the 81 points that we'll be missing with Corey gone.

I also believe that we are stronger on midlfield than last year, particularly at defensive midfield where we lost all of our games. We should be able to field three solid lines, and if Mike Dean plays, we could run 4 lines of midfields which would really be a luxury. Also, he is a delight to watch on the field. He stops midfielders and defenders in their tracks with his stick work.

If we can play solid defense at midfield, and we play unselfish lacrosse, we will win a few games. Our defense will keep us in most of the games. Also, before this game was candeled, our schedule lined up very well for us. We get to see many of the teams we play the day before we play them. We'll see App. State tomorrow at SVU and the following week SCAD plays SVU the day before we play them. We also get to see UNCC and Davidson before we play them. If we are to get back to Atlanta, we will have to win 3 of 4 of the games with App. State, Elon, Davidson, and Eckerd. The league didn't do us any favors giving us Eckerd for our mandatory game with the South Division. They look to be the class of the South.

You should really support these young men. They are a great bunch of guys who have done everything that I've asked of them. I hope to see some of you at the games this season.

Tom Metallo, Head Coach
Liberty Lacrosse
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the update, Coach. If its not a foot of snow its a foot of water. What's next?
By Guest
I never did like playing lacrosse in February, let alone in the mountains of North Carolina. I have to admit that I was looking forward to playing them after they had traveled to SVU and driven back to play us since we had to play them last year after having played SVU the night before.
By Wildman
Registration Days Posts
Good luck Coach and hope to see you in Atlanta.
By - Crazy Old Guy -
I hope that we make it to Atlanta. It's going to be an uphill battle given the division that we're in. No more Alabama, Citadel, Winthrop, or Western Carolina. We're playing a very competitive schedule.

Tom
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Coach Metallo, welcome aboard! great to have you

Go LULAX!
Last edited by PAmedic on March 14th, 2006, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Sorry if we offended anyone, but this thread has ceased to be productive.

GO FLAMES LAX!
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]